Search results

  1. Convince Me

    As long as you really need that extra speed and you’re OK with the range penalty. I know this is heresy, but I would have reserved this car if they had called it the ‘Ford Electric’. I’ve had my fun with crazy acceleration in my Model S, so I’m now looking at the more practical side of it. To...
  2. Mustang Mach-E development doesn't stop for virus

    Right now we are a nation governed by models. Unfortunately, in many ways, these models are extremely inaccurate. The best may be doing a decent job forecasting death rates, but they’ve been terrible forecasting infection rates. I know all too well how poor modeling can be from meteorology...
  3. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Really!?

    Glad you didn’t jump into ‘the politics of it’. :rolleyes:
  4. 2021 Mach-E vs Model Y -- Specs and Styling Compared

    And that was precisely my point. Every area has a different electric & gas cost, that for many will have an impact on whether their next car is gas or electric. As far as computing the actual cost of electricity, of course you must add distribution cost to the electric cost. What you actual pay...
  5. 2021 Mach-E vs Model Y -- Specs and Styling Compared

    Well that has a huge geographical caveat. Here on L.I., our electric rates are about .20/kWh and gas prices as of today are $2.09/gal. It’s unequivocally more expensive for me to drive my S than a typical ICE vehicle and much more than my wife’s ES300h, that gets 40-45mpg.
  6. 2021 Mach-E vs Model Y -- Specs and Styling Compared

    Pete, I'd agree that for most people a range delta of 50 miles will not be a deciding factor, despite some in the EV world saying 400 miles will be the 'magic number' to get more onboard. Probably more important than a difference of 50 miles is the charging network. In that respect Tesla has no...
  7. 2021 Mach-E vs Model Y -- Specs and Styling Compared

    I do think the E is a better looking vehicle than the Y. It’s sleeker and not as frumpy looking. Let’s not forget about the interior where you spend all your time. IMO the E blows away the Y in terms of interior aesthetics and functionality. I’d have a hard time adjusting to the Y’s single...
  8. Coronavirus impact

    Just watched a U.S. doctor who has 80 patients in his group. He is so convinced of the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine based on what he’s seen in his group and the French study, that he said, “This is the beginning of the end for this pandemic”. Wouldn’t it be fantastic if this pans out and the...
  9. Coronavirus impact

    How long have I been saying this? No surprises here to most of us, but maybe for a couple here. ;)
  10. Coronavirus impact

    Pete, that was one of the main reasons I put him on my ignore list...and I see from your post he's still doing it. He ignores 90% of a post to address the 10% he 'thinks' he has a good response for. The other 90% he doesn't have the requisite propaganda to use to counter. Oh, and you're 100%...
  11. Coronavirus impact

    LYTMCQ, you are on my ignore list, did you forget? All I see of your posts are ‘You are ignoring content by this member’. So don’t waste your breath. This forum is more enjoyable without your distortions and lies.
  12. Coronavirus impact

    I don't know why some seem almost averse to good news and welcoming, or at least more receptive to bad news. There's a happy medium that can be struck and can be done from the standpoint of realism. On the subject of action or inaction, much of this is predicated on our knowledge base at the...
  13. Coronavirus impact

    Abbott has done a great job with such short notice. Kudos.
  14. Coronavirus impact

    Pete, it seems to me that when a couple of us said that, we are attacked by a few. ;) I'm not minimizing the severity of many of these cases, but again, perspective is always good.
  15. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Really!?

    Yeah, I guess it could happen. But that was my only post in that thread as opposed to a myriad of posts by the other guy. ;)
  16. Ford Aims to Restart Production at Key North American Plants Starting April 6

    Pete, you noticed that. I refrained from saying anything. It's always the usual suspects. No different in the media.
  17. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Really!?

    Yeah, I'm surprised I haven't gotten any attacks yet. Probably a dead thread that nobody watches.
  18. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Really!?

    Here ya go:
  19. Mustang Mach-E development doesn't stop for virus

    Very interesting article. My only concern after reading this is the fact that suspension work is not being done due to the issues with the virus. The vehicle’s suspension is one of my biggest concerns .
  20. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Really!?

    Thought you guys might be interested in something I posted in the TMC forum. A thread there was started on the Mustang Mach E, so I just posted this yesterday. No reaction yet, but posts like this are not generally greeted with much enthusiasm...and I'm being kind: ;) Well, I will confess I...