Hardy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E (If it ever arrives)
Country flag
Trim: Premium AWD
Battery: ER
Color: Rapid Red Metallic
Order Date: 12/24/21
Region: Northern California
Build Week: Still not scheduled. What the....?

Seeing very similar orders, some in my area, but ordered after me, that are being scheduled.

Zero logic to how this works.

One more chance for Ford to get their crap together. Otherwise I'm slated to have a Polestar 2 delivered to my driveway on June 6th.

What a colossal disappointment FoMoCo has turned out to be. These start ups are dancing circles around them. I'm begining to think that The Electric Viking is right. Altman Z scores aren't always right, but the way they are bungling order fulfillment right now defies all logic and is not what I would expect of a company that has been doing this as long as FoMoCo.

20 plus year of loyal patronage and I'm about to walk. It ticks me off that this process is as opaque and seemingly deranged as it is.

I don't know if this will help you, but when you log into your ford.com account and view your order, scroll down to the "Vehicle Details" tab and make sure you see "Active Park Assist Prep Kid -$325." Mine has been order since July, 2021. Since December, I was calling my dealer monthly to find out why it wasn't being scheduled for production and was consistently told everything was fine with the order. I finally called Ford Marketing Support directly and was told there was a "computability issue" with the order that was keeping it from production. When I said those words to the dealer, they checked again and saw that they needed to click a box re: this park assist thing. They did, I got an "order updated" email from Ford showing this Active Park Assist line, and a week later and I'm scheduled for production.
Sponsored

FamDocDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red MME GTPE, 2016 Mercedes AMG GLA45
Country flag
If you got scheduled today, please post
  • Order date
  • Trim, AWD or RWD, SR or ER
  • Build week
  • Your region
This will help to see what trims are being scheduled and if orders are being scheduled FIFO.
12/26/21
Rapid Red GTPE
5/30/22
Colorado

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Wow, another case where the dealer literally made things worst for the buyer. Mine was different. My dealer didn’t say a word. After seeing all the commotion here, I inquired him about the prep kit. He said "yeah, it will speed up your production substantially". Then I asked to remove it. So I don't know what's worst, dealers not knowing their business, or knowing and not being proactive. It's clear to me that if I wasn't here, I wouldn't know about the PA2.0 issue and would not have been scheduled this week. Big thanks to this community!

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I don't know if this will help you, but when you log into your ford.com account and view your order, scroll down to the "Vehicle Details" tab and make sure you see "Active Park Assist Prep Kid -$325." Mine has been order since July, 2021. Since December, I was calling my dealer monthly to find out why it wasn't being scheduled for production and was consistently told everything was fine with the order. I finally called Ford Marketing Support directly and was told there was a "computability issue" with the order that was keeping it from production. When I said those words to the dealer, they checked again and saw that they needed to click a box re: this park assist thing. They did, I got an "order updated" email from Ford showing this Active Park Assist line, and a week later and I'm scheduled for production.
The last post was a response to this.

Hardy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E (If it ever arrives)
Country flag
Wow, another case where the dealer literally made things worst for the buyer. Mine was different. My dealer didn’t say a word. After seeing all the commotion here, I inquired him about the prep kit. He said "yeah, it will speed up your production substantially". Then I asked to remove it. So I don't know what's worst, dealers not knowing their business, or knowing and not being proactive. It's clear to me that if I wasn't here, I wouldn't know about the PA2.0 issue and would not have been scheduled this week. Big thanks to this community!
Agreed on the props to the community. I have a feeling I'd be into 2023 wondering where my 2021 order was without it.

BUT I can't just blame the dealer. It is hard to believe that a company like Ford doesn't have an automatic push notification to both the dealer and the customer when there is something holding up an order. The dealer had access to information but had to actively seek it out. Why wouldn't Ford Motor Company push that stuff rather than leaving it passive?

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Agreed on the props to the community. I have a feeling I'd be into 2023 wondering where my 2021 order was without it.

BUT I can't just blame the dealer. It is hard to believe that a company like Ford doesn't have an automatic push notification to both the dealer and the customer when there is something holding up an order. The dealer had access to information but had to actively seek it out. Why wouldn't Ford Motor Company push that stuff rather than leaving it passive?
Yeah, absolutely. On systemic issues, you blame the big boss, and that's Ford. I haven't lost track of my hate focus. Lol

Rec329

First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e (on order)
Country flag
No build date confirmed via my dealer. Couldn't share how many are in front of me (specifically Premium trims) but shared they have 53 on order through their dealership. I continue to be frustrated by the lack of transparency in the order fulfillment process Ford.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
I also have a Tesla Model Y ordered. I can tell you guys that Tesla order holders are as frustrated as us... while you always have a range of dates for estimated delivery, the dates jump around all the time, sometimes even after VIN is assigned. at least Ford has been okay once you have your car scheduled for production.

geftsnowball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E, Grabber Blue, Premium AWD ER
Country flag
when you log into your ford.com account and view your order, scroll down to the "Vehicle Details" tab and make sure you see "Active Park Assist Prep Kid -$325."
Not sure if this is an issue... but for me this is not shown anywhere on the ford.com vehicle details.
  • Inquired with dealer and they sent back an order preview showing the -$325
  • DID receive order updated email previously with no change on ford.com
  • later, the ford.com additional features section DOES show "Active Park Assist Prep Kit" instead of active park (I have before-after screenshots, see my previous posts).
  • ford.com pricing summary and vehicle details remain the same as day 1 for me.
  • Dealer verified "unscheduled - clean" status of order
So, maybe something to note is that there doesn't seem to be any consistency in how this is propagated to customers?

priext

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD Ext Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not sure if this is an issue... but for me this is not shown anywhere on the ford.com vehicle details.
  • Inquired with dealer and they sent back an order preview showing the -$325
  • DID receive order updated email previously with no change on ford.com
  • later, the ford.com additional features section DOES show "Active Park Assist Prep Kit" instead of active park (I have before-after screenshots, see my previous posts).
  • ford.com pricing summary and vehicle details remain the same as day 1 for me.
So, maybe something to note is that there doesn't seem to be any consistency in how this is propagated to customers?
I too have the line item "Active Park Assist Prep Kit" but no mention of the -$325 anywhere on the order form.

I am getting frustrated with this ordering process as it is so non-transparent. I have no problems waiting as long as I need to but being a late november order and seeing someone with a february order in the same trim in a different area get a production confirmation really erks me. Why ford did not just do FIFO with slight variations here and there is beyond me. Seems like they made it more complex than it needs to be.

madredhatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium (ordered)
Country flag
I too have the line item "Active Park Assist Prep Kit" but no mention of the -$325 anywhere on the order form.

I am getting frustrated with this ordering process as it is so non-transparent. I have no problems waiting as long as I need to but being a late november order and seeing someone with a february order in the same trim in a different area get a production confirmation really erks me. Why ford did not just do FIFO with slight variations here and there is beyond me. Seems like they made it more complex than it needs to be.
Yeah, I have the same thing. I ordered a Premium AWD Extended on 12/7 and show the active park assist prep kit, but no mention of the $325 discount. However, I spoke to the dealer about a week ago and they say it shows a $325 discount on their end so hopefully it is is correct. I can understand the need for Ford to allocate orders to meet state emissions requirements, but FIFO would certainty be preferable from a consumer perspective. I would just be happy if there was some sort of delivery estimate even if it fluctuated along the way. Some general information on timing would make the experience considerably better.

NoEntiendoNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte 1 AWD
Country flag
What is the number for Ford Marketing Support? Is that the (800) 392-3673 number?

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
What is the number for Ford Marketing Support? Is that the (800) 392-3673 number?
The Ford chat function works well too if you know your 4 digit order number and dealer code. I was able to confirm everything with my order including the current priority. They also mentioned that I call the Marketing number to look at getting some additional free charging with my order.
Sponsored