SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
They're not going to spend the time updating car modules unless there was a problem with something upon delivery or there was a major problem with recently shipped cars and they were directed to by Ford.
My dealer told me that they fully updated all the modules before delivering it to me. But my map data expired two months before delivery, so yeah, probably one of those convenient lies they tell people because it's rarely going to bite them.
Sponsored

OP
OP

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Yes, that would be nice.

That's a safety issue.

That's a safety issue.

That's really dumb and probably illegal. Now if your trunk or frunk doesn't close you're stranded.
I can press my trunk open button in other cars when in drive.

please keep your value judgements to yourself.

happy holidays everyone!

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
They're not going to spend the time updating car modules unless there was a problem with something upon delivery or there was a major problem with recently shipped cars and they were directed to by Ford.
This is a dealer discretion thing.
I just picked up my '22 on December 17. Before it was received, and as it was received, I asked the dealer to plug it in and check for updates on all software/modules.
When I arrived, I sat in it and on the first time I started it, it said something along the lines of "Updates Complete".
Did I get the new interface version? No, but I think I am at least close to up-to-date.

All of that said, some/more/most dealers are less than helpful on these things. YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
And therein lies the difference between Ford and other higher end companies. This should simply be mandatory for dealers to do prior to a delivery. But it is Ford's responsibility to mandate this.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wouldn't this be something that the dealership could install prior to delivery?
You would think so! Mine was delivered in July with old software and couldn't fast charge or Blue Cruise until Dealer updated modules. Found this out the hard way.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The expectation that cars are like cell phones is quite amusing, since cars have had programmable modules for years and no one has demanded this before.

The dealership should be checking their systems for REQUIRED updates, such as BlueCruise maps (updating the gateway module). Other updates are not provided for free, and some can be quite costly due to the time involved.
Sponsored