Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Got this message yesterday on the large display. I didn’t actually notice any change in feel. I always have it in “Unbridled” with 1PD on. The 1PD stayed on. Selecting settings brought up the drive mode screen. It kind of looked like “Unbridled” was still selected but that wasn’t reflected on the small display. I tried selecting different modes but nothing worked. Then, it just went back to normal “Unbridled” on its own but that only lasted about a minute before it happened again. I drove home that way and haven’t tried it again. Haven’t seen this glitch before. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
A couple of the Phoenix are MME owners have this issue, or one very similar to it, pop up from time to time. Perhaps they’ll chime in.

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4XE, 2017 BMW i3 94wh
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This happens to me when the battery/car is REALLY HOT - specifically after sitting in the parking lot for 8 hours at work in the summer (in Denver). If you're going on a long drive, the drive mode will come back eventually. When it is in this state, you're basically in Engage.

When I get the issue, I'm always able to get the drive mode back after garaging the car overnight.

Hope this helps!

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I had this happen a couple of days ago. Didn't think much of it, and didn't notice it driving any differently. Mine stays in an unheated garage and typically only short drives, so it was not caused by overheating. I'll check and see if CarScanner is showing any DTCs.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Yep, Phoenix heat not kind. The car seems to revert to the profile you created pre-delivery. It’s the only time my car is ever in engaged which is what I pre-configured. After parking in my air conditioned garage, all drive modes and 1PD return.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Happens when it’s cold outside also. The car is bouncy and also limit max speed to 80.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
Got this message yesterday on the large display. I didn’t actually notice any change in feel. I always have it in “Unbridled” with 1PD on. The 1PD stayed on. Selecting settings brought up the drive mode screen. It kind of looked like “Unbridled” was still selected but that wasn’t reflected on the small display. I tried selecting different modes but nothing worked. Then, it just went back to normal “Unbridled” on its own but that only lasted about a minute before it happened again. I drove home that way and haven’t tried it again. Haven’t seen this glitch before. Any ?
Well since this just happened with me at 37 F, I think we can eliminate heat as a cause. Went away after an ignition power cycle.

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
Never heard of this with cold weather before; personally experienced it in the summer months with heat or high humidity.

OP
OP
Tampamike

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Well, I live in Florida and we had a summer that was hotter than Hades and it never happened. A couple weeks ago it was in the 30’s for 3 days and it didn’t happen. Yesterday, it was beautiful - low 70’s and it happened. So, now we have occurrences all over the temperature spectrum. Gotta be something else.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Well, I live in Florida and we had a summer that was hotter than Hades and it never happened. A couple weeks ago it was in the 30’s for 3 days and it didn’t happen. Yesterday, it was beautiful - low 70’s and it happened. So, now we have occurrences all over the temperature spectrum. Gotta be something else.
Agreed, it is definitely not temp related. The other day I was driving normally to the airport(no aggressive acceleration)to catch a flight and got the same error message. Outside weather conditions were typical for Illinois this time of year. 45*F and overcast so not hot out at all.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Got this message yesterday on the large display. I didn’t actually notice any change in feel. I always have it in “Unbridled” with 1PD on. The 1PD stayed on. Selecting settings brought up the drive mode screen. It kind of looked like “Unbridled” was still selected but that wasn’t reflected on the small display. I tried selecting different modes but nothing worked. Then, it just went back to normal “Unbridled” on its own but that only lasted about a minute before it happened again. I drove home that way and haven’t tried it again. Haven’t seen this glitch before. Any ideas?
Hello, Mike! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

cdale12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
68 289 Convertible, 21 GB GTPE MME
Country flag
I just had this happen today. Driving normally on a highway in unbridle and then "Drive Mode Unavailable". Opened up the screen and hit unbridle and it went back in to that mode. Then, 2-3 minutes later it did it again and that time I couldn't select any mode (nothing showed as selected), and as said seemed to be in engage mode. After 2-3 minutes, it let me switch back to mode again.

Sylon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Grey Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
I just had this happen, first drive after updating to 4.1.2. I live in Central FL, but it wasn't hot outside at the time, only 70F. I only drive in Unbridled but I don't use OPD. Luckily I was only doing 35mph in a neighborhood, but what startled me was it kicked me out of Unbridled just as I let off the accelerator to use the regen to slow down to a stop sign. Thankfully I caught it just in time before plowing into the car in front of me. This was close to being a very bad day. I switched it back to Unbridled at the stop sign and it was fine for the rest of my short drive home.

While I can't say it's connected to the update or not, this is the first time it's ever happened in the year I've owned the car, both in high summer heat and below freezing winter temps.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
This happened to me yesterday, 60 degree weather, after driving 60 miles on the freeway. Didn't seem to come back after I stopped for breakfast and got back in.

hotrodmatt

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
This has happened to me a few times, some more concerning than others. It actually happened to me a few times this weekend. I took the family up to the Pocono Mountains from Baltimore. About a 4 hour trip. I was actually driving in Whisper mode, maintaining a constant speed, when suddenly the car lunged forward. It startled me, and I noticed the "drive mode unavailable" message on the screen. I'm guessing that a previous statement in this thread may be accurate and it is going into a default mode (engaged, maybe) with a more aggressive pedal, which would explain why the car lunged forward (started to accelerate more aggresively) without any change in pedal pressure. In the moment, it wasn't that big of a deal, but if this were to happen as you are just starting to accelerate form a stop with cars in close proximity, that initial lunge could cause some undesireable circumstances.
Sponsored