DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I don't believe I've read anything about a message like this. It's certainly encouraging since it suggests the HVB is keeping the 12v charged, which was what was Ford said would happen.

Does disabling PAAK also disable the functionality of the FordPass app's ability to lock/unlock the car, or "start" the vehicle for preconditioning?
I think "no". First reason is that I'm assuming one is BT and one is wireless. Separate communication paths and FordPass is necessary to enable PAAK.

Second is that IIRC at some point my phone lost BT connectivity with the MME and the FordPass functions still worked. But that's a little hazy. Just wasn't sufficiently self-aware at the time. Might not be remembering this correctly.

Easy to test. Just reset the PAAKs and then see if the FordPass functions are working.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MattG

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
Today while charging on an L2 charger, I turned on the car to ACC mode and received an error message that there was a 12V charging system fault. Couldn't replicate it later on other chargers we were testing.

Reactions: UW2
OP
OP
MattG

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update - so far, I’ve received two “electrical system drain” notifications via the FordPass app, and this morning, a similar message when powering on the car:

”Electrical system drain. Service required”

This morning’s message had no corresponding FordPass notification associated with it, and showed up after doing a cold weather unplugged overnight battery test.

OP
OP
MattG

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Aren't you going to the dealer for the updates?
I just picked it up last Saturday and they said at the time they did install the latest updates...have there been new ones since then?

Regardless, I’ll plan to take it in next week sometime.

Reactions: UW2

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I awoke this morning to an app notification of an “electrical system drain”:
9AAFDE34-52CD-4BF8-BEB8-724A995A0529.jpeg

I’ve had the car less than two days; before picking it up the dealer found some issues pointing to a possible LVB problem and did some software updates. So it seems that maybe the car is now operating as intended, keeping the LVB charged up, but there’s maybe still a phantom power drain that Ford hasn’t identified? The car starts fine though I haven’t tried driving it yet.

The car is in a heated garage on an L1 charger currently, reaching 100% charge at 10:19PM prior to this message.

I’m curious if others have seen this message too?

I think I saw this in the manual somewhere. This might be saying that your car wasn't able to maintain the LVB from EVSE power so it did it from the HVB.

Checking.....

OP
OP
MattG

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think I saw this in the manual somewhere. This might be saying that your car wasn't able to maintain the LVB from EVSE power so it did it from the HVB.

Checking.....
Maybe...but the message in the dash said that service is required so I think there’s something more going on.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe...but the message in the dash said that service is required so I think there’s something more going on.
Those two are compatible messages. One is what the car did to make sure your LVB didn't die. The dash message could be saying the problem causing the drain needs to be addressed.

OP
OP
MattG

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those two are compatible messages. One is what the car did to make sure your LVB didn't die. The dash message could be saying the problem causing the drain needs to be addressed.
Yeah, that’s how I’m interpreting it too. It started out with a couple minor warnings in the app but with the problem not going away has decided it wasn’t a random fluke and there really is a problem. I scheduled an appointment for late next week to get this looked at.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Agreed.
Something more is going on.
I am surprised your dealer didn't ask you to bring it in immediately. Call another dealer if you have to because I think your car is trying to give you a warning that something is not functioning as expected.

I searched the online documents and didn't see any reference to that specific message. Sorry. :(

OP
OP
MattG

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I searched the online documents and didn't see any reference to that specific message. Sorry. :(
Thanks for checking!

OP
OP
MattG

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m curious, has anyone else gotten this message? I‘ve had the car since 2/21 and keep getting this every couple of days...20 instances now. My dealer is a bit of a drive away and doesn’t do loaner cars so I haven’t wanted to deal with that hassle yet...my hope is the OTA update will fix this (my car still hasn’t received that).

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I’m curious, has anyone else gotten this message? I‘ve had the car since 2/21 and keep getting this every couple of days...20 instances now. My dealer is a bit of a drive away and doesn’t do loaner cars so I haven’t wanted to deal with that hassle yet...my hope is the OTA update will fix this (my car still hasn’t received that).
Have not seen it on mine, yet. Purchased 3/6.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Not seeing that message on my end. At least not in the car. Might be a message in FordPass but I wouldn't see it until next time I run that application. But I don't ever recall getting that alert.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My guess the drain is the 12 volt battery shorting it self. (Bad Battery)
Sponsored