David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Like I said it is indeed a Mustang because Ford gave it the name. But, there does appear to be an asterisk there as it didn’t qualify for the generation. In my opinion there is credence to both sides of the argument, real/not real. 😎
I think time will have to settle this argument. As far as I'm concerned, it's a Mustang.
Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I think time will have to settle this argument. As far as I'm concerned, it's a Mustang.
Ford definitely put the name on it so yes, it’s a Mustang.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Like I said, the "Not a Mustang" crowd are hilarious.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
If it looks like a mustang, rides like a mustang, "roars" ...... hm ...... almost like a mustang just very very quiet, then it is definitely a mustang

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I could care less what people think it should be called. Personally I call it a MachE, to everyone - including the Ford dealership. I don't use the word "Mustang" at all. When people ask me if it's a Mustang, I tell them it's a MachE.

I'm in my 30's but when I think of a Mustang, I personally think of an ICE 2 door car. When I think of a MachE, I think of an Electric 4 door car. I'm not opposed to anyone calling it a Mustang just not my thing. I don't think Ford should have given it the Mustang name, but I own it and it is what it is.

As for reliability compared to ICE mustangs... Don't use mine as comparison. It's been sitting in Ford service centers for about 12% of it's 17 month life. Currently been undriveable since March 15 and it'll probably be dead for another 2 weeks.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I could care less what people think it should be called. Personally I call it a MachE, to everyone - including the Ford dealership. I don't use the word "Mustang" at all. When people ask me if it's a Mustang, I tell them it's a MachE.

I'm in my 30's but when I think of a Mustang, I personally think of an ICE 2 door car. When I think of a MachE, I think of an Electric 4 door car. I'm not opposed to anyone calling it a Mustang just not my thing. I don't think Ford should have given it the Mustang name, but I own it and it is what it is.

As for reliability compared to ICE mustangs... Don't use mine as comparison. It's been sitting in Ford service centers for about 12% of it's 17 month life. Currently been undriveable since March 15 and it'll probably be dead for another 2 weeks.
Another HVJB? Haven’t you already been through that?

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I can’t wait for the “Not a Corvette” crowd when Chevy releases their EV SUV vette. It, too, shall be glorious.
Gosh, they sure came for the C8 already, and it's not even electric, just mid-engine!

Reactions: ATL

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Another HVJB? Haven’t you already been through that?
Nope - It's an oil pump, something I didn't know we even had until it broke down. Apparently, it's not common, yet (and hopefully won't become common). So, the technicians don't know what to do and the dealership is confused. They ordered a new pump, hoping that it won't need an entire new motor since I drove about 200 miles on a faulty pump already.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Most people don’t know what a Mach-E is, so when describing the car, I describe it as an electric Mustang SUV. People who don’t really care about the “sanctity” of the Mustang name get it.

is it a Mustang? Who really cares, it’s a fun car, a lot of fun.

It’s funny, there are a lot of SUVs that get advertised as “performance” RDX A-Spec and the like. Are they?

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
If it looks like a mustang, rides like a mustang, "roars" ...... hm ...... almost like a mustang just very very quiet, then it is definitely a mustang
Yes, it does indeed say Mustang on the side. 😂

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
This argument is a waste of time really but my 2c - I traded in my 2020 ICE Mustang GT for my Mach-E and they both are solid performers and look fantastic. If the GT had more back seat room, I'd probably still have it. The Mach-E is fun to drive and can fit the family. Do I miss the rumble of a v8? Sure, but the MME just hit so many boxes for me - technology, comfort, and it's fast without having to do a burnout first.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I'm happy to chime in here and put this issue to rest!

As the long time president of the "Is This a Mustang International Operating Group" with absolute authority in the matter, I have proclaimed that the Mach-e is indeed a Mustang, just as the owners of the brand have so obviously pointed out with the 57 places you can find the logo on the car.

After a long investigation, I have determined that it has not been a rogue employee gluing the decals on late at night while security is playing Wordle. Please spread the word!

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The only reason I read all of this is that I can’t go back to sleep at 4:30 am. Wife has Covid and I am sleeping on a couch in the den.

does anyone really care? Porsche people flipped out over the Cayenne, probably saved the company.

when I tell people I have a Mustang I have to add, the electric one, Mach E, even to the service advisor.

I love the flack I have gotten from people, that have never owned a Mustang, are not car people, etc etc.

it’s a marketing gimmick from Ford to draw attention. It worked. Now I just wished it didn’t have some of the problems it has, those problems make it a Mustang in my book.

anyway I was always a Pontiac and Firebird guy. They are not even around anymore. Just thought I’d throw that in.

now back to bed. Edit: on my couch
Sponsored

Last edited: