Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The “New Sync” volume control UI is not consistent with all the other systems that are controlled with the knob. The temp, fan, seat heaters and so on, have a circular gauge that “fills” from left to right around the knob to indicate “low” to “high”. The volume control just has a series of tick marks around the knob that grow bigger from left to right around the knob as you turn up the volume, with no corresponding gauge that fills.
The odd thing is that “Sync Classic” DID have a horizontal gauge that filled from left to right (although at the top of the screen, not encircling the volume knob) as you turned up the volume. So, this was a deliberate choice by the UI designers.
I find it … odd.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I noticed the same. I suppose it was intentional so that its clear when the big knob is controlling volume or something else?

While on the "new sync" topic, anyone else notice the "A" setting for seat warmers now? Previously, the car would always remote start to 3 on seat warmer, which was too much and then I would have to turn it down on every drive. "A" for automatic is like the perfect temp and I don't have to adjust it anymore. Small change, but BIG improvement from my perspective.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I noticed the same. I suppose it was intentional so that its clear when the big knob is controlling volume or something else?

While on the "new sync" topic, anyone else notice the "A" setting for seat warmers now? Previously, the car would always remote start to 3 on seat warmer, which was too much and then I would have to turn it down on every drive. "A" for automatic is like the perfect temp and I don't have to adjust it anymore. Small change, but BIG improvement from my perspective.
It has always been there.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Jim, are you moving on from complaints about the frunk release? 😜
I think it’s part of his grand master plan, distract Ford with other things so they’ll forget they’re intentionally withholding the Frunk update to spite him.

I probably shouldn’t have said that part out loud. ;)

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Jim, are you moving on from complaints about the frunk release? 😜
I’ll never stop complaining about the frunk release until ford implements for MY21 Job 1s 😀

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I’ll never stop complaining about the frunk release until ford implements for MY21 Job 1s 😀
Farley claims it's finally coming in Q1 2023. I'm assuming that means 2024...
Even still, I'd be willing to pay for a motorized frunk open/close like the F-150 lightning has.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Farley claims it's finally coming in Q1 2023. I'm assuming that means 2024...
Even still, I'd be willing to pay for a motorized frunk open/close like the F-150 lightning has.
That would be cool, but I can do without.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
That would be cool, but I can do without.
Maybe not a full motorized close, but a manual lowering of the hood, followed by a "reverse frunk button" to re-latch it? I wonder if this would be possible with the hardware that's on the car now.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Maybe not a full motorized close, but a manual lowering of the hood, followed by a "reverse frunk button" to re-latch it? I wonder if this would be possible with the hardware that's on the car now.
That would be a “soft close”. Some luxury cars have/had trunks like that but I don’t know how the mechanisms worked.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
That would be a “soft close”. Some luxury cars have/had trunks like that but I don’t know how the mechanisms worked.
They have an electric motor that pulls the decklid down.
@sockmeister Our MMEs do not have the necessary hardware to do this.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
The “New Sync” volume control UI is not consistent with all the other systems that are controlled with the knob. The temp, fan, seat heaters and so on, have a circular gauge that “fills” from left to right around the knob to indicate “low” to “high”. The volume control just has a series of tick marks around the knob that grow bigger from left to right around the knob as you turn up the volume, with no corresponding gauge that fills.
The odd thing is that “Sync Classic” DID have a horizontal gauge that filled from left to right (although at the top of the screen, not encircling the volume knob) as you turned up the volume. So, this was a deliberate choice by the UI designers.
I find it … odd.
Wait, you’re saying Ford has an inconsistency in its fantastic, better than sliced bread, must have it, can do no wrong, new user interface?

I am SHOCKED, shocked to my very core! They have NEVER been that careless before.

…oh wait.

In all seriousness, it doesn’t surprise me that there’s an inconsistency. The entire UI is riddled with them now.
Sponsored