“Private offer” anyone?

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere that they are not. The 2021->2022 conversion didn’t if I recall correctly.
Some people did, looks like we'll have to rely on the converts from the 10/31 thread and see
Sponsored

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has anyone done the xplan on converted orders yet?

Doomtrain1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (potentially anyway)
Country flag
My MME is supposed to go into production next week. Probably another month or two before it actually arrives at dealer if that production date is accurate. Then I'll see what kinda games the dealership will potentially play with me.🥲

Doomtrain1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My MME is supposed to go into production next week. Probably another month or two before it actually arrives at dealer if that production date is accurate. Then I'll see what kinda games the dealership will potentially play with me.🥲
I just realized that I never answered the question. Sales rep stated back in September that the X plan likely won't carry over since the 23 model year MME is ineligible even though we agreed on the X plan for my 22 model prior to the convertion.

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I just realized that I never answered the question. Sales rep stated back in September that the X plan likely won't carry over since the 23 model year MME is ineligible even though we agreed on the X plan for my 22 model prior to the convertion.
Fight for it, if your order is a rollover. It is allowed for '22 orders converted to '23s.

Not allowed on net new '23 orders so they're half right.

Doomtrain1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fight for it, if your order is a rollover. It is allowed for '22 orders converted to '23s.

Not allowed on net new '23 orders so they're half right.
I'll definitely give it a shot. I sorta just took his word as the Ford Customer Relations rep I spoke to said something similar. If you have anything I can point my sales rep to, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, I've emailed my sales rep multiple times to get details on whether or not Ford Options and rates from March, which is when I ordered, was available to me, but he has been radio silent. He's either absolutely terrible with responding to emails or he's avoiding putting anything into writing/email. And yes, he definitely sees my emails as he'll reference that he saw it when I call him to follow up.

Not to sound like a broken record, but the purchase experience has been a disappointment. Dealers have all the power, "not much can be enforced by Ford Motor Company" (verbatim by Ford rep). Real confidence inspiring stuff there. 😮💨

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I'll definitely give it a shot. I sorta just took his word as the Ford Customer Relations rep I spoke to said something similar. If you have anything I can point my sales rep to, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, I've emailed my sales rep multiple times to get details on whether or not Ford Options and rates from March, which is when I ordered, was available to me, but he has been radio silent. He's either absolutely terrible with responding to emails or he's avoiding putting anything into writing/email. And yes, he definitely sees my emails as he'll reference that he saw it when I call him to follow up.

Not to sound like a broken record, but the purchase experience has been a disappointment. Dealers have all the power, "not much can be enforced by Ford Motor Company" (verbatim by Ford rep). Real confidence inspiring stuff there. 😮💨
It is most definitely a bad buying experience.

I couldn't find the video, but a Ford dealer did a video at the time explaining that X-Plan was allowed by Ford for rollover orders. Of course, dealers aren't required to accept X-Plan, so you can still be SOL.

Regarding rates and incentives, per people who have already picked up 2023's, you're only protected from the time of the order being rolled over (roughly 8/30/22). Since its technically a new model, '22 rates don't apply (at least thats the reasoning that I read on this forum).

ragequit310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
It is most definitely a bad buying experience.

I couldn't find the video, but a Ford dealer did a video at the time explaining that X-Plan was allowed by Ford for rollover orders. Of course, dealers aren't required to accept X-Plan, so you can still be SOL.

Regarding rates and incentives, per people who have already picked up 2023's, you're only protected from the time of the order being rolled over (roughly 8/30/22). Since its technically a new model, '22 rates don't apply (at least thats the reasoning that I read on this forum).

I had this problem and had to fight with my dealership to honor the X-Plan. As I was sitting in the dealership signing the paperwork - the sales rep came back and said "I have some bad news, it looks like your x-plan won't work because this is a '23 model". I got extremely upset and said that I saw Ford documentation stating for carry-over orders X-Plans would be accepted. The dealer said, "prove it".

I went back to my car and thankfully I had my laptop with me. In the dealer's office I made a mobile hotspot and showed him this video. I then proceeded to play this video: and told the dealer that I wished I ordered from Long McArthur because he seemed to know what he was talking about.

The dealer then searched in his system and said he couldn't find any documentation. He pulled up a report that said 2023 orders no longer take the x-plan - however it didn't mention anything about the conversion offer. I then pulled up this forum post:

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74045-2023-mustang-mach-e-production-information/ which says

"23MY Mustang Mach-E Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer
Any current 22MY Mustang Mach-E retail customer order that is converted to a 23MY order via MYCO process will be eligible for a 23MY Mustang Mach-E Transition Private Offer, which is intended to offset 23MY MSRP price changes. C&I program details regarding this Private Offer will be released post-22MY balance out. For those customers who planned to use X-Plan on their 22MY order, we will have an exception process in place to allow the use of X-Plan on 23MY. This exception process will be dependent on the customer being eligible for the 23MY Mustang Mach-E Transition Customer Satisfaction Private Offer. Dealers should order as A or Z plan to display X- Plan pricing for “X-Plan alternative program” customers."

I then told the sales rep that I will not take no for an answer and that he did not know what he was talking about. The sales rep told me that he will speak to his manager. His manager told me that he would make a "one time exception". The manager left and while the sales rep clicked onto the discount page of my order on his computer it said in red text that I was eligible for the x-plan. The sales rep did not want to correct his manager and tell him that all conversion orders are eligible.

For me the difference was about $850 dollars so it's worth it. My dealership is terrible and doesn't know anything.

Oh ya. When I went home I found out that the dealership did not put my original $500 deposit on the car and now they are in the process of refunding me!

Doomtrain1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for the details you two! I'll try the same approach! Stinks to hear about the lack of rate protection, but I'll take what I can get at this point! I have very low expectations right now.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had this problem and had to fight with my dealership to honor the X-Plan. As I was sitting in the dealership signing the paperwork - the sales rep came back and said "I have some bad news, it looks like your x-plan won't work because this is a '23 model". I got extremely upset and said that I saw Ford documentation stating for carry-over orders X-Plans would be accepted. The dealer said, "prove it".
Thanks for updating us!! Had a feeling this x plan portion would be a difficult part of the private offer as it is super rare instance

Doomtrain1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry if I'm reviving what's now considered an old thread, but just giving an update. With the rollercoaster ride of trying to purchase a MME since March 2022, I've officially canceled my order in favor of the Model Y. A combination of an incredible lack of communication from FMC, the constant delays, the incompetent dealership, general uncertainty of what price I'm actually going to be paying, and recent price cuts by competition all contributed to my decision. It's been a horrible experience which I hope will get better over time when Ford finally sells direct to consumer and cuts out the dealership model.

Definitely not a Y vs MME discussion as both have their pros and cons.
I appreciate everyone's comments and info they were able to provided. Unfortunately won't be joining the MME crew. I hope everyone else who is waiting receives their cars in a timely fashion.

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Sorry if I'm reviving what's now considered an old thread, but just giving an update. With the rollercoaster ride of trying to purchase a MME since March 2022, I've officially canceled my order in favor of the Model Y. A combination of an incredible lack of communication from FMC, the constant delays, the incompetent dealership, general uncertainty of what price I'm actually going to be paying, and recent price cuts by competition all contributed to my decision. It's been a horrible experience which I hope will get better over time when Ford finally sells direct to consumer and cuts out the dealership model.

Definitely not a Y vs MME discussion as both have their pros and cons.
I appreciate everyone's comments and info they were able to provided. Unfortunately won't be joining the MME crew. I hope everyone else who is waiting receives their cars in a timely fashion.
Congratulations, Happy for you. Enjoy the new ride!
Sponsored