First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This has been covered many times, but it never said “28 weeks.”

It did say “28+ weeks.”

Seems minor, but that + means everything. It means 28 is the minimum it could take.

That’s why ordering in March you could expect October delivery at the earliest, “with a chance” you wouldn’t get it this year.
Nothing is guaranteed. I get it. But somehow, the 2022 part threw me off. My bad. Nothing surprises me now.
Sponsored

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
This has been covered many times, but it never said “28 weeks.”

It did say “28+ weeks.”

Seems minor, but that + means everything. It means 28 is the minimum it could take.

That’s why ordering in March you could expect October delivery at the earliest, “with a chance” you wouldn’t get it this year.
My GT was 28+ weeks at time of order. That would put us at September 19th. That would allow almost 15 more weeks until the end of the year. I absolutely expected a car ordered in March to be delivered before the end of the year.

Ours was built in 19 weeks and was expected to deliver this week at 26 weeks before it got damaged in shipping.

While I agree that the + could mean anything, knowing that 23s would most likely start being built in late 22, it's fair to assume that Ford could deliver within 42 weeks.

Johnnyweekend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Country flag
No, the dealer wouldn't get your car. It has not even been scheduled for production yet; if the order is canceled, it never gets built. If you cancel after production begins, the car does go to the dealer. At least, that's the way it's supposed to work.
What is stopping the dealer from just giving you back the deposit but not canceling the order?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
My GT was 28+ weeks at time of order. That would put us at September 19th. That would allow almost 15 more weeks until the end of the year. I absolutely expected a car ordered in March to be delivered before the end of the year.

Ours was built in 19 weeks and was expected to deliver this week at 26 weeks before it got damaged in shipping.

While I agree that the + could mean anything, knowing that 23s would most likely start being built in late 22, it's fair to assume that Ford could deliver within 42 weeks.
If you’ve spent any time on these forums, you would know it’s hard to assume anything when it comes to delivery times.

I’ve seen as fast as 3 months (ordered dec 2021, delivered Feb 2022) and as long as a year.

I was almost 6 months to the day, but ordered the first day you could order a GT.

But yes. The plus could be anything.

In the end, this model year change won’t be bad for most people. You get a 2023
For the price of a 2022.

And unless you are above 300k MAG income, still get a tax credit.

Gjp719

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX-9, 2018 GMC Terrain
Country flag
My 2/16 Premium AWD order has been converted to 2023 without a price change in the portal as well. I contacted my dealer in SoCal, they said Ford is not doing price protection and told me I can cancel my order for a full refund. I believe they are convincing people to cancel the order so that they can sell the vehicle with high ADM.

I got a '2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium Order Confirmation' from Ford without any private offer. Hope they send something soon.
I was told that the private offers haven't been sent out yet. Ford is not doing price protection. The offer will be in the form of a rebate. Hopefully they are correct.

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
I was told that the private offers haven't been sent out yet. Ford is not doing price protection. The offer will be in the form of a rebate. Hopefully they are correct.
Private offers are not being sent out for another 2 months. So stop checking your email. You are correct, it is not price protection but an "offset" of the mark-up MSRP price.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
There's a GTPE joke here. Surprised nobody jumped on it.
I kind of thought that was the entire point of why I typed that, but perhaps I was too subtle?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My dealer just called me to inform me about my order of the 2022 Select AWD T/C package being rolled over to a 2023. I asked if it was possible to consider a switch to a Premium version since I'm losing the Tech / Comfort and he said by doing that, I would lose my "private offer" since it's only meant for the Select but would look into it more while I wait for the official offer.

Tyreal90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
My dealer just called me to inform me about my order of the 2022 Select AWD T/C package being rolled over to a 2023. I asked if it was possible to consider a switch to a Premium version since I'm losing the Tech / Comfort and he said by doing that, I would lose my "private offer" since it's only meant for the Select but would look into it more while I wait for the official offer.
My dealer let me change to a premium and said I'd still get the special offer (select c/t) . You should emphasize that you would otherwise be losing features that you consider must haves.

jeffr7391

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
These are interesting statements being made by dealers. I don't think any of this has been communicated to them. For example, in what communication did Ford say that these offers will come out in 2 months? In what communication did they say that upgrading to a Premium will result in a lose of the offer? I wish Ford would provide us and the dealers an update.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
What is stopping the dealer from just giving you back the deposit but not canceling the order?
Contractual obligation to transmit accurate records to Ford. The dealer can, of course, disregard the agreed-upon policy, but even the shadiest of dealers would at least think twice before violating their agreement with their primary supplier.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I have owned multiple fords over the last 20 years, including my fusion hybrid for the last 8.5. They’ve always been good to me, but this situation with converting orders and getting no explanation about what is going on, either from ford or their clueless salespeople, really makes it hard to give them anymore of my money. I know theres plenty of people lining up for these cars so I mean nothing to them, but I expected better. Silly me!
Dealer communications has been non existent with the new way of buying a vehicle: online.

In the past it's always been dealer lot purchases but with the latest Tesla like purchasing system, Ford is the same.

My Lightning with almost ZERO communications 460 days ago since I placed a reservation all of a sudden turned into a flurry of phone calls & emails as soon as Ford invited me to place an order.
Dealer is out of the loop because they don't control the sale anymore.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My dealer let me change to a premium and said I'd still get the special offer (select c/t) . You should emphasize that you would otherwise be losing features that you consider must haves.
Yeah, I mentioned I know other buyers have reported that they have changed their Select T/C into premiums which is why he said he'll look further into it while we wait for official statements. He said he won't change my priority status until we work it out, which I think I don't think will make too much of a difference. He said private offers should be coming relatively shortly possibly this week. Again, all speculation.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag

That is very good to hear as I am very confused with my 22 order being pushed into a 23 and the pricing w/ options has not been updated.

Color changed from ice blue silver to some yucky blue....

Loss of price protection for incentives and low APR really burns me up!

Ford Mustang Mach-E “Private offer” anyone? Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 5.14.22 PM

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
These are interesting statements being made by dealers. I don't think any of this has been communicated to them. For example, in what communication did Ford say that these offers will come out in 2 months? In what communication did they say that upgrading to a Premium will result in a lose of the offer? I wish Ford would provide us and the dealers an update.
It's late Oct for offers. Do your research and contact your dealer. This info was transferred to dealers just recently.
Sponsored