Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
This morning as I reversed out of the drive way I received the following alert- “reverse parking assist not available”. Then when I got to work and went to park I got “parking assist not available at this time”. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
This morning as I reversed out of the drive way I received the following alert- “reverse parking assist not available”. Then when I got to work and went to park I got “parking assist not available at this time”. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have not......but I think I remember reading something in the workshop manual that explains why this message may be displayed. I will try and find it for you.....

OP
OP
Daraiders76

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have not......but I think I remember reading something in the workshop manual that explains why this message may be displayed. I will try and find it for you.....
Thanks!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Reverse Parking Assist is the backup camera. Controlled by the IPMA (Image Processing Module A). Your camera may be dirty or the system might have been disabled. I have observed some settings in SYNC (APIM) getting reset or stuck when an OTA is pushed to the car.
Here is some text from the WSM...

The parking aid system is disabled if a fault is detected in a parking aid system. This is indicated by a parking aid disabled warning message in the message center.

The parking aid system is enabled and disabled through the parking aid switch located in the center stack. The rear parking aid remains disabled for one ignition cycle.

It is likely everything will reset on your next key cycle.

OP
OP
Daraiders76

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Reverse Parking Assist is the backup camera. Controlled by the IPMA (Image Processing Module A). Your camera may be dirty or the system might have been disabled. I have observed some settings in SYNC (APIM) getting reset or stuck when an OTA is pushed to the car.
Here is some text from the WSM...

The parking aid system is disabled if a fault is detected in a parking aid system. This is indicated by a parking aid disabled warning message in the message center.

The parking aid system is enabled and disabled through the parking aid switch located in the center stack. The rear parking aid remains disabled for one ignition cycle.

It is likely everything will reset on your next key cycle.
Awesome! Thanks!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Yes, I’ve experienced this a few times. Not frequently enough to recreate. I keep my car very clean so it is not a dirty sensor issue. It appears to be #JustAnotherBug.

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Yeah I posted something similar to this, this weekend. It just started for me and isn't a dirty sensor thing either. Seems to be another bug like the previous post. It only happened to me once and all it required I do is go to back into the settings and reselect the parking aid function or something like that.

OP
OP
Daraiders76

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah I posted something similar to this, this weekend. It just started for me and isn't a dirty sensor thing either. Seems to be another bug like the previous post. It only happened to me once and all it required I do is go to back into the settings and reselect the parking aid function or something like that.
Ok-so if it doesn't go away with the next run cycle I will do that.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I had that pop up on Sunday with both back and front camera when parking.
It said to contact my dealer for servicing.
Upon returning to the MME about 15 mins later - no issues.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So if I go mud-whomping like I do in my Blazer, I should expect this to happen. :)

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My guess you were caring both your phone and the fob. It switched between the two.
Sponsored