“Scheduled for Production” now a date in the past...

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A little known change was made to the recent build Mach-e. It’s turned out to be amazingly handy too. Ford made the flux capacitor and Mr. Fusion standard equipment on your cars. Each car was tested to 88 mph and as a result they were built months ago now. You could send Jim Farley a note thanking him for his foresight but he already got your letter about two months ago.
The unexpected side effect is that they all look like DeLoreans.

Andrew88

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Same here. Had production schedule "Week of 6/14/2021" now says "Week of 1/14/2021". Everything else appears to be the same. Emailed dealer, no response yet.

OP
OP
tvguyemt

tvguyemt

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE4x Iconic Silver, 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Heard from my dealer today after reaching out. They said my car went into production on 5/18 and I should have it by the end of June, beginning of July.

MarknKC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Same here. I was scheduled for build week of 5/24/21 but last weekend it changed to 1/24/21
The status changed to "In Production" but I haven't received any emails.
Ford Mustang Mach-E “Scheduled for Production” now a date in the past... inproduction

Ford Mustang Mach-E “Scheduled for Production” now a date in the past... do

No way to contact Ford by phone. They run you into a menu with no choices for orders or reservations.

Guess I'll call the dealer in the morning. This is one hell of a glitch.

MachEUser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
5/16/2021 production date now reading 1/17/2021 which is the known website error.
I called 1-800-334-4375. Wait for the operator. Got a more detailed update. Told me through the body shop, trim line, etc. Not through production completely (maybe waiting for a part I'm told) and not shipped but they said they update status about every 24hrs.

Unfortunately, they by default said 8-10 weeks for delivery once shipped which puts it at 7/17/21 but could be shorter since most deliveries have shorter times. Hoping to get it before Ford incentives expire on 7/6/21.

They mentioned that dealers can get more accurate shipping info but most don't want to speak with them unless needed. Maybe once it is built/shipped, I can check with them to get a more accurate assessment.

Last edited:

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Well. Got this today.. Mine was built in April.
Ford Mustang Mach-E “Scheduled for Production” now a date in the past... Screenshot_20210525-203204

YMMV