“Service vehicle soon”: “Powertrain malfunction / Reduced Power” & “High Voltage Battery Warning”

OP
OP
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E California Route 1
Occupation
Chief Data Officer
Country flag
Day 17:
TL;DR Ford of Murfreesboro says we need to wait 10-14 business days for the ONE Ford Motor Company service technician in the area to look at my Mach-E
Day 19 (last week Thursday)
Ford of Murfreesboro updated me:
i) "the vehicle will need a battery pack, wiring harness, and connectors."
ii) "Due to the vehicle being a 2021 there is no ETA on when those parts will be available."
iii) Ford approved a rental vehicle for me but no vehicles available until next week Monday.

Day 25 (today Wednesday October 6th)
Ford of Murfreesboro says no ETA on parts.

Also, I still do NOT have a rental car. Rental agency told Ford of Murfreesboro that they left a message on an available car for me Monday but no voicemail was left and now they say no rental car for me until next week Tuesday October 12th. We'll see.

I'm clearly going to hit the 30 day Lemon Law on this vehicle. This is Tennessee. Any advice?
Sponsored

Frisky$$

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Hi All! Same issues going on here in California - "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power" and "High-Voltage Battery Warning". Dropped it off at the dealership on August 19th....48 days later and still NOTHING! At least your dealership is a little more transparent than mine. Last I heard they had to special order the scissor jack just to take the battery pack out of the vehicle. There is some "testing" going on now but the communication from the dealership is minimal. Needless to say, they have no idea what they are doing and depending on Ford corporate is useless since they clearly are understaffed based on the high demand of faulty vehicles they have rolled out.
Hi All- I’m in Hawaii and on WEEK SEVEN of my Mach E being at the dealership. Same issues, limp/turtle mode, high voltage battery warning , power train malfunction. 2 battery arrays have been replaced but now Battery Control Module is faulty. They cannot program and orderef another one. You may want FSE to test/check on this as well. Also, have them check on Recalls on windshield/sunroof and PAAK.

vn1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e CR1
Country flag
I just got myself a High-Voltage Battery Warning on Mach-e CR1 (built date 6/21 as per door sticker). Total mileage 1,004. I haven't got any turtle and power train malfunction. Probably because it happened few feet before parking at home. I am reading with horror how long it takes to resolve :( I will have to reach out to the closest dealerships to see if they already have experience in troubleshooting and fixing such issues.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
I am reposting from another thread that I posted on, in hopes to help guide others:

I was driving my 1st Edition today and got the high voltage fault warning and ended up as a brick in a parking lot. Waited 3 hours for a flatbed tow, had to do the emergency tow setting to get the car loaded and then had to coach the techs at the dealer how to activate it to unload into service. Not overly confident in their diagnosing of the issue since they didn't know how to get onto emergency tow mode. My build date was Dec 2020, took delivery 1/27 and have been problem free for 15,000 miles.
UPDATE:
Fox Ford (Grand Rapids, MI) did a fantastic job getting Shadow in and addressed the issue quickly. Only needed updates to PCM (powertrain control module) and also did the PAAK update. All is running well and back in the drivers seat within 24 hours. A huge thank you to my fellow MachE beta-testers that experienced this previously and have helped educate engineers and technicians to address and solve the issue in a timely manner.

Last edited:

vn1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e CR1
Country flag
I am reposting from another thread tha I posted on in hopes to help guide others:

I was driving my 1st Edition today and got the high voltage fault warning and ended up as a brick in a parking lot. Waited 3 hours for a flatbed tow, had to do the emergency tow setting to get the car loaded and then had to coach the techs at the dealer how to activate it to unload into service. Not overly confident in their diagnosing of the issue since they didn't know how to get onto emergency tow mode. My build date was Dec 2020, took delivery 1/27 and have been problem free for 15,000 miles.
UPDATE:
Fox Ford (Grand Rapids, MI) did a fantastic job getting Shadow in and addressed the issue quickly. Only needed updates to PCM (powertrain control module) and also did the PAAK update. All is running well and back in the drivers seat within 24 hours. A huge thank you to my fellow MachE beta-testers that experienced this previously and have helped educate engineers and technicians to address and solve the issue in a timely manner.
Thank you, I hope it's just PCM update. Was it just firmware/software or also hardware update?

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Thank you, I hope it's just PCM update. Was it just firmware/software or also hardware update?
Only software updates to get me back on the road. Hopefully it is a long term fix.

OP
OP
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chief Data Officer
Country flag
Day 19 ...
Ford of Murfreesboro updated me:
i) "the vehicle will need a battery pack, wiring harness, and connectors."
ii) "Due to the vehicle being a 2021 there is no ETA on when those parts will be available."
iii) Ford approved a rental vehicle for me but no vehicles available until next week Monday.
Day *71* (vehicle tow to dealership: Sunday September 12th to today: November 22nd)
Ford of Murfreesboro gave my weekly update where they said yet again:
No ETA on parts from Ford Motor Company

Yes, it is DAY 71.

And yes my Ford Mustang Mach-E has been at a dealership since September 12th.

And yes we have been WAITING SINCE DAY 19 for delivery of the parts (battery pack, wiring harness and connectors) necessary to START the repair work.

-Jeff

OP
OP
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chief Data Officer
Country flag
And yes we have been WAITING SINCE DAY 19 for delivery of the parts (battery pack, wiring harness and connectors) necessary to START the repair work.
Day 94 (last week December 15th)
We have our Mach-E back!

1) It is unclear if my escalations to Ford Motor Company executives was an important ingredient - but it certainly didn’t hurt. Thanks to everyone for encouraging me to escalate.

2) My long delayed replacement battery pack was obtained from the same out-of-state dealership that originally sold me my Mach-E. The likely explanation - from those who would know better than me - is that the dealership was aware of the the battery defect when we sold me my Mach-E. Is this a conspiracy theory or is it the likely and simplest explanation? You decide.

-Jeff

Frisky$$

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
We have our Mach-E back!

1) It is unclear if my escalations to Ford Motor Company executives was an important ingredient - but it certainly didn’t hurt. Thanks to everyone for encouraging me to escalate.

2) My long delayed replacement battery pack was obtained from the same out-of-state dealership that originally sold me my Mach-E. The likely explanation - from those who would know better than me - is that the dealership was aware of the the battery defect when we sold me my Mach-E. Is this a conspiracy theory or is it the likely and simplest explanation? You decide.

-Jeff
Hi Jeff, my car has been in the service center at the dealership for
We have our Mach-E back!

-Jeff
[/QUOTE

Jeff,Is your Mach E running well, no issues? I have had mine in service 145 DAYS NOW! How did you escalate your case? I need help at this point. Going through lemon law/ buy back but that does me no good without a vehicle available for another6 months once ordered! Thanks!

Frisky$$

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Jeff,Is your Mach E running well, no issues? I have had mine in service 145 DAYS NOW! How did you escalate your case? I need help at this point. Going through lemon law/ buy back but that does me no good without a vehicle available for another6 months once ordered! Thanks! Julie
Sponsored