Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
That's right, you showed them! :) Wonder where in my garage that thing is....
Mine is safely stored with my carpeted floor mats (which are still in the factory plastic!)
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
NO 2021 Job 1 cars have received an update from Ford to enable the remote frunk release. There is code floating around in the diagnostic systems that the hackers/hobbyists have been able to locate and download into their vehicles.
Yep, which is why I did not use the phrase “Over The Air.” The few who have gotten it enabled have installed the software via FDRS. 😊🐩

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Yep, which is why I did not use the phrase “Over The Air.” The few who have gotten it enabled have installed the software via FDRS. 😊🐩
Which is why I said “from Ford” 😀

theganyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I would be happy if my profile didn't switch to Guest about 50% of the time then remain locked until I stop and turn off the car.
Yes! Improvements are great (and I approve!), but existing features still aren’t reliable: Profile selection — Enabling PaaK — Connecting to Apple CarPlay…

Steady Eddie

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just got this email. Exciting to see these enhancements almost here!

Screenshot_20221209_084321_Gmail.jpg

UPDATED WITH INFO:

SYNC 4 Updates - November 2022

Dialing Up Your In-Vehicle Experience

The latest Ford Power-Up software update includes enhancements to the design of SYNC®* itself. It offers new features and refinements based on your feedback.

A Bigger Experience
We've increased the interaction area within the display for the Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ interfaces, as well as other features like navigation.

60f9003b-f50a-4643-a5e9-006076b9e34d-jpg.jpg

Added Dial Functionality
More than just volume — the dial on your SYNC display can now be used for climate controls too, so you can adjust temperature, fan speed and, when equipped, heated seats.

3746f0fe-f961-497d-bb5d-f4249f3940c7-jpg.jpg

Simple Refinements
We've updated the status bar at the top of the screen, implementing new, clear icons that make it easier to read. Settings and controls have been consolidated and reordered so you can more easily access drive modes and Ford Power-Up software update details — all to help provide enhanced visibility and usability. We've even improved access to gaming, video streaming and third-party Wi-Fi networks.

5ff2d579-91f9-419f-bc17-f32a94b4ebc4-jpg.jpg

Further Improvements
  • Personal Profile: Now easily accessible from the status bar
  • Simple Update Scheduling: View and accept prescheduled update times from the convenience of your in-vehicle screen
  • Drive Modes: Quickly interact with, and easily change, your onscreen drive mode
  • In Development: Set a recurring schedule for Ford Power-Up software updates through the FordPass®** App
Not interested unless they fix the radio presets issue.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Further Improvements
  • Personal Profile: Now easily accessible from the status bar
I would be happy if my profile didn't switch to Guest about 50% of the time then remain locked until I stop and turn off the car.
You don’t have to stop and turn off the car. Just reboot Sync by holding the volume down and skip forward buttons. It still sucks, but easier than stopping.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Got this email, too, but I have what might be a really dumb question. How do I get the email address changed where they send this to? Is there somewhere I can change this myself?

We've tried to link everything to MY email address from the start since it's primarily my car, but they sent the email about this update to my husband's work email today instead of mine. I'm assuming it is because they took the email address from when he had to use the work email to get the X-plan pin? He hasn't used that email address for anything else to do with the vehicle and this is the only email he has received. My email address was on the purchase agreement, mine was used for FordPass (previous Ford owner), and his email address is not on any of the paperwork anywhere that I can find or on my Ford account. Help? Thoughts?

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So MY 2024 vehicles will start shipping with this update, and Ford will announce in 2026 that it is delayed until "fall" for previous vehicles 😆

mcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e ER eAWD (Vapor Blue)
Country flag
I purchased my 2023 order this week and this is already included on mine.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I like the drive mode user interface already. The nice animation for each and the large button. Wonder what the new drive mode ui animation will look like in that screen with the Mach e.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I like the drive mode user interface already. The nice animation for each and the large button. Wonder what the new drive mode ui animation will look like in that screen with the Mach e.
This could be the new Unbridle animation:

Ford Mustang Mach-E “Sync 4A improvements coming” email details some upcoming upgrades / changes videogames-videogame
Sponsored