Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Hello,

When I get into my MME the “this trip” is showing the incorrectly mileage. The picture attached below is when I first turned the fee on after 24 hours. So a full day had passed. The time is correct but it says I already drove 3.6 miles in 2 minutes?!

Has anyone had this happen in their MME? I feel like it’s affecting my mi/kWh too.

Bill

419CFFEB-AEE0-41E9-B0EC-31F6D5A6A8F9.jpeg
Sponsored

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It randomly happens to me all the time. It starts out based-on the previous trip miles, but the efficiency seems to reset

OP
OP
WildBillTV

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Thanks for everyone's responses! I guess I feel a little better knowing it's not just my car? Hopefully these little bugs will be ironed out eventually!

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I believe someone said that if you shut down the car before you open the door this will not happen......of course with the tons of stuff here, I may be mistaken, but there are a few brain cells telling me I read that here somewhere....???

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I believe someone said that if you shut down the car before you open the door this will not happen......of course with the tons of stuff here, I may be mistaken, but there are a few brain cells telling me I read that here somewhere....???
I always shut off before opening the door. It still happens regularly- once or twice per week.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sometimes my wife or daughter may open the passenger door before I shut off, maybe I will pay more attention to that. I would imagine if I exit the car, but leave it on and then get back in, I would not want the current trip to reset. But this appears to be a partial reset.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
Happens to me constantly. It seems to happen after I check Trip 1 or Trip 2.

jwhamlin244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Country flag
Happened me the other day as well. Said I went 2 miles by the time I pulled out of the driveway. I don't really care, unless it is effecting the efficiency calculations. If it is saying I'm getting a higher efficiency than I actually am then I care quite a bit. But who knows?

Behoff

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see this occasionally as well, and as a retired programmer, I am dumbfounded by this problem. When the car shuts down, it should have a set of tasks to accomplish - what used to be called an exit list. Unless the program crashes, resetting the miles and time should happen in one task in the exit list. Sometimes I see only the time reset, and sometimes only the miles.

That said, maybe a new option in trip stats would be 'Today's trip'. I am a bit of a geek (see above - I was a programmer) and like keeping track of this data. I reset 'Trip 1' every first of the month. I frequently wonder what my day's overall efficiency is when I go from stop to stop (to stop to stop....!) That would be a nice feature/option IF Ford can get the resetting of two tiny memory areas reliable.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
It happens to me on occasion, actually happened today where it didn't reset to 0. I use my Trip 1 for my daily trips and trip 2 for my total driving to date which should impact the accuracy of my GOM. Not perfect but fairly close

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I wanted to reset Trip 1 for every charge and keep Trip 2 for the whole history of the car, but it seems to be very unreliable:
Ford Mustang Mach-E “This trip” is incorrect drivingscore

I have no idea where these 2:42:45 came from, and I don't think I want to pay attention to it anymore.
But at least "My EV Driving" in FordPass seems to be accurate, and GOM seems to become more reasonable after the first week.

AFKMind

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER, Ford F-150, 2014 V-Strom 1000
Country flag
I find it tends to happen if I remote start the car. It’s like it just does a carry over and doesn’t count it as a new start for some reason.
Don’t think it’s ever happened to me if I just do a cold start.
Odd one for sure.
Sponsored