Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
So the “transit date” shows up as a # that doesn’t typically update or change over time. My transit date # is 33 for my original order (Premium) and my Mach drop (FE), which were shipped almost a week apart but have overlapping ETA date ranges.
I think the transit date may be the day # that it leaves KC for its final destination? For me, with a transit date of #33, it would be the 33rd day in the year (Feb 2) for a delivery ETA of 2/13-2/19 for my FE and 2/16-2/22 for my Premium. If this were the case, I’m not sure why they have slightly different ETAs.

It’s a wild guess, but that also aligns somewhat with other transit date # I’ve seen and their ETA. For instance, I’ve seen some having transit #s in the 40s and having an ETA a couple weeks after me. I’ve also seen single digit transit date #s that are out for delivery this month.

Any thoughts? Feel free to share your transit date and ETA to either support or reject this theory.

Edit: my theory is likely wrong. Seems more likely to relate to the # of days from MX to dealer including some pre-shipping time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
So the “transit date” shows up as a # that doesn’t typically update or change over time. My transit date # is 33 for my original order (Premium) and my Mach drop (FE), which were shipped almost a week apart but have overlapping ETA date ranges.
I think the transit date may be the day # that it leaves KC for its final destination? For me, with a transit date of #33, it would be the 33rd day in the year (Feb 2) for a delivery ETA of 2/13-2/19 for my FE and 2/16-2/22 for my Premium. If this were the case, I’m not sure why they have slightly different ETAs.

It’s a wild guess, but that also aligns somewhat with other transit date # I’ve seen and their ETA. For instance, I’ve seen some having transit #s in the 40s and having an ETA a couple weeks after me. I’ve also seen single digit transit date #s that are out for delivery this month.

Any thoughts? Feel free to share your transit date and ETA to either support or reject this theory.
The transit days are how many days it is expected to take to deliver. MNine left almost a week ago at 40. Then the ETA went from 3/3 to 3/1, but the transit date was not bothered to adjust.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag

Number of shipping days. Example, if it is estimated to take 3 weeks from factory to dealer, the number would be 21.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Not sure as we have seen transit dates of 1 as well and now I cant remember the dates but your hypothesis would mean shipment from kC on Jan 1 or 4th (if working day is day 1). Have to check those orders to confirm.

OP
OP

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Number of shipping days. Example, if it is estimated to take 3 weeks from factory to dealer, the number would be 21.
I initially thought that could be the case, but from the dates my cars shipped to the ETAs were several days over 33 and differed between the two. It could be though. That’s logical.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Right, mine has a transit date of 01- I can verify it doesn't mean first, quick, or soon.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
My Transit Date is 01. Didn't leave MX on the 1st and didn't take one day to get here because it's still not here.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Mine is 26, which if I look at the dates, equals the number of days from "in Production" to "ETA end date". So number of days from when it's built until it arrives at the dealer.

This is all empirical - I have no idea if that's actually what it means.

OP
OP

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Mine is 26, which if I look at the dates, equals the number of days from "in Production" to "ETA end date". So number of days from when it's built until it arrives at the dealer.

This is all empirical - I have no idea if that's actually what it means.
That makes sense

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
First vin:
built nov 19,
ship jan 18,
eta fev 20
Transit 46

second vin:
Build dec 1,
Ship dec 31,
Eta jan 25,
Transit 46

The only thing they have in common is the delivery location

spazkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE GB Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I can't quite make sense of the tracker math for my order details.
Ship date = 12/30
Transit date = 35
ETA End Date = 3/26

Should I be expecting the car March 26th?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I can't quite make sense of the tracker math for my order details.
Ship date = 12/30
Transit date = 35
ETA End Date = 3/26

Should I be expecting the car March 26th?
Yes thats what the ETA means subject to change ofcourse

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My Transit Date is 01. Didn't leave MX on the 1st and didn't take one day to get here because it's still not here.
It may be that transit date of 1 may simply be a place holder entered into the system and because its not a field that is updated, no one bothered to update it once they had the ETA date.

OP
OP

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
First vin:
built nov 19,
ship jan 18,
eta fev 20
Transit 46

second vin:
Build dec 1,
Ship dec 31,
Eta jan 25,
Transit 46

The only thing they have in common is the delivery location
Maybe it does refer to the # of days from production to delivery.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
My theory is that it represents the days between the "Awaiting Shipment" state and the final "Shipped" state.

I have a Transit Date of "01".

Only rationale I have is that I received a "Built" email on Jan 22 (which correlates to Awaiting Shipment), and on Jan 23, I received a "Shipped" email.
Sponsored