⏰ Mach-E Scheduling Limited Retail Orders Only Next Week (7/11)

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
man you guys are making me sad, thinking I might not even make 2022 at this point given my 2/9 order is still not scheduled
Sponsored

Billsfan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E on order
Occupation
Wish I was fishing
Country flag
Figuring have to have a build date of early Oct at this point to have any chance for a 2022 delivery. That seems to be slipping away every week that goes by and I’m a mid Feb order for a Select RWD with Comfort pkg.

i Think the annoyance was the dealer saying that Ford was hitting the 20 week lead time when I placed my order and here I am at 20 weeks without a production date. Fell bad for the folks that have been waiting since 2021.

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
Well, I think many people are getting deliveries within a month of production right now but yeah if its not assigned in early October it could easily slip into a January delivery

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
October 1st order and still no build date.

Rk808

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mirai: Volvo XC60; MME
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
11/3 order premium awd std range
hoping the will end the 2022 production and start 2023 build early

One fantasy is as good as another

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Figuring have to have a build date of early Oct at this point to have any chance for a 2022 delivery. That seems to be slipping away every week that goes by and I’m a mid Feb order for a Select RWD with Comfort pkg.

i Think the annoyance was the dealer saying that Ford was hitting the 20 week lead time when I placed my order and here I am at 20 weeks without a production date. Fell bad for the folks that have been waiting since 2021.
The original plan for the Mexico plant that the Mach-E is built in was to have it build Mach-E’s only, until the Lightning came out. At that point, the plant would build both Mach-E’s and Lightings.
The sales volume and number of orders that Ford received for the Mach-E far exceeded their expectation. 4-5 months ago, Ford changed their plan for the plant. Instead of adding a Lightning production line in the fall of 2022, Ford decided to make the plant all Mach-E all the time.
This means that the original fall 2022 plant refit that was supposed to add a Lightning manufacturing line has been changed. The refit is still happening, but it will now be to add a second full time Mach-E manufacturing line.
So, what we know:
• Ford announced that they will start taking orders for 2023 Mustang Mach-E’s on August 15
• Ford has also announced that they will start building 2023 Mustang Mach-E’s on or about Monday, October 31
• A normal annual manufacturing line update for model year changes can run 4 weeks, give or take a week
• They are also adding a whole new second manufacturing line. Most of that can be done without interrupting current, active production, but they’ll perform test runs to insure the new line is running properly. Add 2 weeks to the standard 4 week +or- model year change over.

October 31
- 4 weeks (MY Refit)
September 30: Last day of 2022 model year manufacturing

September 30
- 2 weeks (Refit and new line)
September 16: Last day of 2022 model year manufacturing

If this is accurate, two more things would be true.
  1. Mustang Mach-E’s scheduled to be built after September 16, 2022 will not be scheduled to be built until October 31 or later.
  2. Cars that may have been ordered as 2022’s but are not scheduled to be built until after September 16, and by extension, on or after October 31, 2022, will be rolled over and be 2023 model year Mustang Mach-E’s.

Madfry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N\A
Country flag
At this rate based on everyone else's comments, I'll be able to pay cash for my MME sometime in the 3rd quarter of next year and that's a hope and prayer. Looking at the tracker they have been primarily making Premiums and GTs. Let's go 2024 MME!

jfire

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Cruz, Hyundai Azera, A320/321
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
Dissapointed again. At this point I'm hoping my November 30 order will be a 2023 model.

MinimumGain

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem, AWD, EXT (Ordered 11/27/21)
Country flag
The original plan for the Mexico plant that the Mach-E is built in was to have it build Mach-E’s only, until the Lightning came out. At that point, the plant would build both Mach-E’s and Lightings.
The sales volume and number of orders that Ford received for the Mach-E far exceeded their expectation. 4-5 months ago, Ford changed their plan for the plant. Instead of adding a Lightning production line in the fall of 2022, Ford decided to make the plant all Mach-E all the time.
This means that the original fall 2022 plant refit that was supposed to add a Lightning manufacturing line has been changed. The refit is still happening, but it will now be to add a second full time Mach-E manufacturing line.
So, what we know:
• Ford announced that they will start taking orders for 2023 Mustang Mach-E’s on August 15
• Ford has also announced that they will start building 2023 Mustang Mach-E’s on or about Monday, October 31
• A normal annual manufacturing line update for model year changes can run 4 weeks, give or take a week
• They are also adding a whole new second manufacturing line. Most of that can be done without interrupting current, active production, but they’ll perform test runs to insure the new line is running properly. Add 2 weeks to the standard 4 week +or- model year change over.

October 31
- 4 weeks (MY Refit)

September 30

1. Mustang Mach-E’s scheduled to be built after September 16, 2022 will not be scheduled to be built until October 31 or later.
  2. Cars that may have been ordered as 2022’s but are not scheduled to be built until after September 16, and by extension, on or after October 31, 2022, will be rolled over and be 2023 model year Mustang Mach-E’s.
If I recall correctly, the Mexican plant is closed for two weeks in August which means there's likely only about 4 weeks of production scheduling left for 2022 models, assuming you are correct (half of August & half of September). So we might expect X,XXX cars produced over those 4 weeks and everyone else will be bumped to 2023 models? Hmm

priext

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD Ext Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If I recall correctly, the Mexican plant is closed for two weeks in August which means there's likely only about 4 weeks of production scheduling left for 2022 models, assuming you are correct (half of August & half of September). So we might expect X,XXX cars produced over those 4 weeks and everyone else will be bumped to 2023 models? Hmm
That's also assuming no delays or hiccups causing build dates to get pushed back which there seems to be a lot of.

MeIIo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Select
Country flag
If i remember correctly, they said there were about 15K open 22MY retail orders around beginning of June. Not sure how many of those got scheduled to be built but I don't know if they can get to all of them with limited productions.......

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Appears that ford chat is down? Anyone else?

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
That's also assuming no delays or hiccups causing build dates to get pushed back which there seems to be a lot of.
SO when we all get converted to 23 models, will we still get the 22 pricing? I'm early Feb - Premium but dealer says they don't have the roofs which is why the other models have been getting dates. Which, obviously, puts the 23 models with the same issue. not enough roofs. Maybe they should make them convertibles instead?

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So, what we know:

October 31
- 4 weeks (MY Refit)

September 30

Thanks for a very interesting perspective. I am at 31 weeks of waiting for my ordered MME to be scheduled. The odds are increasing that my Dec 2021 order will be delivered around a year later as a 2023MY Premium AWD ER red with an upgraded HVBJB contactor part and still be eligible for full Federal tax credit.
Ford Mustang Mach-E ⏰ Mach-E Scheduling Limited Retail Orders Only Next Week (7/11) 1657820008088
Sponsored