Maxwells4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select RWD + CTP, IBSM
Country flag
Just got my email yesterday.
Ordered 2/7/22, Select RWD with CTP, blue silver metallic. Scheduled week of 8/29.

Which means, either they snuck it into a previously scheduled week, or it was actually scheduled weeks ago and they didn't bother telling me? 🤷
Sponsored

Duckwrangler

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Occupation
RN
Country flag
How can they officially confirm it if ford hasn’t even finished scheduling mach-e’s. Makes zero sense, shady dealer
Idk how, but I put "officially" in quotes because we are texting back and forth, not signing paperwork. Dealer is not shady, he has zero motivation to tell me that I need to wait longer. He knows we need a 3rd car in September. I'd be more suspicious if he was telling me I'm next up or something. Telling me I'm pushed out farther makes it more likely I buy something available now.

rorybellows

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Didn't get an email but found out through my Ford account.

Order Date: 1/15/22
Trim: CA Route 1 AWD Extended Range
Color: Cyber Orange Metallic
Build Date: 9/5/22
State: PA

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Idk how, but I put "officially" in quotes because we are texting back and forth, not signing paperwork. Dealer is not shady, he has zero motivation to tell me that I need to wait longer. He knows we need a 3rd car in September. I'd be more suspicious if he was telling me I'm next up or something. Telling me I'm pushed out farther makes it more likely I buy something available now.
What about the motivation of getting you into placing a ‘23 order and claiming your already ’22 order and selling it for thousands more? Just saying be careful because it doesn’t currently add up

Duckwrangler

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Occupation
RN
Country flag
What about the motivation of getting you into placing a ‘23 order and claiming your already ’22 order and selling it for thousands more? Just saying be careful because it doesn’t currently add up
My understanding is that my 22 order is converted to a 23 - not that I place an entirely new order. And converting means (in the past at least) that I keep my place in line, and Ford gives private rebate offers to offset the price increase. At least that is what I reas here, and what my dealer said their experience has been.
The heads up/reminder to watch out for that is helpful though, thank you

priext

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD Ext Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just got my email yesterday.
Ordered 2/7/22, Select RWD with CTP, blue silver metallic. Scheduled week of 8/29.

Which means, either they snuck it into a previously scheduled week, or it was actually scheduled weeks ago and they didn't bother telling me? 🤷
Emails come week(s) after you are scheduled. Everyone scheduled this week wouldn't have gotten an email yet.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My understanding is that my 22 order is converted to a 23 - not that I place an entirely new order. And converting means (in the past at least) that I keep my place in line, and Ford gives private rebate offers to offset the price increase. At least that is what I reas here, and what my dealer said their experience has been.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...uild-weeks-9-5-through-9-26.19913/post-472079
I think there is miscommunication going on. Your wording infers that it has happened. I suggest that it is just one of several potential outcomes for your order. Ordering of 2023MY MME opens 15 August. Ford doesn't plan to begin scheduling 2023MY until 9/15 with actual assembly to begin construction around 1 November. So, they could be scheduling 2022MY orders to be built all the way to end of October. (7/18 and 7/25 scheduling covered 4 weeks of September, so they haven't even begun scheduling October 2022MY builds.) Around middle September it would seem likely that they will know which unscheduled 2022MY orders would need to be converted to 2023MY orders with assembly beginning in November.
Ford Mustang Mach-E ⏰ Mach-E Scheduling Next Week (7/18) For Build Weeks 9/5 Through 9/26 1658633688333

Duckwrangler

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Occupation
RN
Country flag
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/⏰-mach-e-scheduling-next-week-7-25-for-build-weeks-9-5-through-9-26.19913/post-472079
I think there is miscommunication going on. Your wording infers that it has happened. I suggest that it is just one of several potential outcomes for your order. Ordering of 2023MY MME opens 15 August. Ford doesn't plan to begin scheduling 2023MY until 9/15 with actual assembly to begin construction around 1 November. So, they could be scheduling 2022MY orders to be built all the way to end of October. (7/18 and 7/25 scheduling covered 4 weeks of September, so they haven't even begun scheduling October 2022MY builds.) Around middle September it would seem likely that they will know which unscheduled 2022MY orders would need to be converted to 2023MY orders with assembly beginning in November.
1658633688333.gif
I re-read my last reply, and my verb tenses aren't great lol, but I am very aware that I still have a 2022 order, and have not signed to convert anything to 2023. And yes, Aug 15th is the date my dealer said, as in "looks to be Aug 15th."

I am curious how you know this schedule and Ford's plans? You seem quite certain. On these build week threads, I see so many instances of people getting bumped to later build weeks, after their initial assignment, that it seems obvious to me at least that Ford needs to leave an unscheduled "catch up" period in Oct to finish the 22's that were first assigned Sept dates.

It is also possible that he was told that I'm too far back in line (in simple terms) to get an Oct build date, and so they know my order will be converted.

I only relayed what my dealer told me to expect. "Monthly update: we will be looking to convert over to the 2023 model year" is exactly what he said. Believe me, I'd rather have my car built in October vs ordering a 2023, so that would be awesome if he is wrong.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I re-read my last reply, and my verb tenses aren't great lol, but I am very aware that I still have a 2022 order, and have not signed to convert anything to 2023. And yes, Aug 15th is the date my dealer said, as in "looks to be Aug 15th."

I am curious how you know this schedule and Ford's plans? You seem quite certain. On these build week threads, I see so many instances of people getting bumped to later build weeks, after their initial assignment, that it seems obvious to me at least that Ford needs to leave an unscheduled "catch up" period in Oct to finish the 22's that were first assigned Sept dates.

It is also possible that he was told that I'm too far back in line (in simple terms) to get an Oct build date, and so they know my order will be converted.

I only relayed what my dealer told me to expect. "Monthly update: we will be looking to convert over to the 2023 model year" is exactly what he said. Believe me, I'd rather have my car built in October vs ordering a 2023, so that would be awesome if he is wrong.
I waited 226 days for my order to get scheduled. (Now, I'm waiting the two months they allowed themselves between schedule date and build date.) Many of those days I've seeking and learning information about Ford's allocation and distribution system for the MME - on this forum. Sometimes I try to pass on useful info or augment incomplete or misstated comments. Ford's "black box" allocation algorithm and the corporate/dealer system is mystifying, allowing much uncertainty and confusion to enter the minds of the end user. These topics appear in many threads. There is no one fountain of information, e.g. Ford is not, and dealer sources are "good, bad, and ugly". Some forum users are very very good with their understanding of particular issues and provide positive input. A few, use other forums, such as: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php.
My comment was not intended as personal criticism or argumentation. Feel free to explore this and other forums to find answers to your question as you posed it. Here are a couple of threads where your initial question was touched on.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-mach-es-yet-to-be-grumpy-in.3145/post-472165
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...uild-weeks-9-5-through-9-26.19645/post-470162
MAY THE FORD BE WITH YOU
Ford Mustang Mach-E ⏰ Mach-E Scheduling Next Week (7/18) For Build Weeks 9/5 Through 9/26 1658684492241

Redris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS
Country flag
Got an unprompted email from my dealer yesterday with a screenshot of my order's status in their system showing that my 3/28 order had been updated on 7/21 with a scheduled build for week of 9/26.
So if you placed your order with the dealer directly, there's something they might be waiting a while to tell you.

GT (Non-PE) in Cyber Orange

Koomloddi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e Premium AWD, 2017 F150 XLT
Country flag
The biggest mistake I made is that I should have ordered the GT. What is the deal with the premium? 6.5 months in and no update or anything. I see people taking delivery that ordered well after I did. I’m not going to play this game much longer. Ford is obviously delaying delivering the most popular trim level so they can attempt to screw us with a massive price bump in 2023. No reason they can’t build the dual motor premium, they have delivered plenty of the GTs. Should have ordered the i4. It was close, but I made the mistake of going with Ford.

Koomloddi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e Premium AWD, 2017 F150 XLT
Country flag
I believe MME production greatly exceeds Rivian production. the MME Plant is production about 5000 MME’s on average. Rivian only produced 4400 vehicles for all of Q2.
But Ford has been in business for 100+ plus years and can give me no indication as to when or if my Mach E will be built. 7 months waiting and not so much as an email from Ford. Rivian has already at least given me an estimated build date for the R1S. Right now I’m convinced Ford will just leave me hanging and try to Sell me a 2023 with an even longer wait and with a much higher price. I’m going to get screwed out of the $7500 tax rebate as well. It’s no accident that Ford is leaving people hanging on the Premium as it is the most popular trim level. Gives them a chance to sell a bunch of 2023s at a higher price.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
But Ford has been in business for 100+ plus years and can give me no indication as to when or if my Mach E will be built. 7 months waiting and not so much as an email from Ford. Rivian has already at least given me an estimated build date for the R1S. Right now I’m convinced Ford will just leave me hanging and try to Sell me a 2023 with an even longer wait and with a much higher price. I’m going to get screwed out of the $7500 tax rebate as well. It’s no accident that Ford is leaving people hanging on the Premium as it is the most popular trim level. Gives them a chance to sell a bunch of 2023s at a higher price.
I didn't get an email from Ford for 7+ mo then suddenly it showed up with a production date of the week of 9/26.

I don't get the notion of not getting a fed tax credit though. Even if you get it next year you'll get it in the following year's taxes.
Sponsored