Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What was the deposit amount required for each?
("My dealer" required $1500 on my order. Now I'm asking them if I can order a second MME on the same deposit since it's 3 times the deposit required at another nearby dealer. I'm looking for insight to dealer practices and ethics.)
Just the $500 deposit via Ford website... however both Mullinaxs had previous submitted orders in the spring/summer without any fees but Ford has since cracked down and both dealers asked for pictures of my driver's license and had me sign a spec sheet or buyer's order (I essentially have price protection now). I've heard of $1000 deposits from other dealers but honestly... why?

The third dealer - who I dealt with extensively when I bought my MME RWD SR - just happily accepted the $500 deposit from Ford and had all my info from the MME sale. Easiest order ever.

I actually dealt with a fourth dealer.. AutoNation Sanford. The whole experience was shady. I believe I put a deposit on a VIN (red Premium AWD ER with an agreed markup) that already had a deposit by a fellow member here and they might have used the buyer's order I signed to create a new order as they asked for a $500 deposit and driver's license (I was there in person - originally looking at a GT). I got my $500 back though.
Sponsored

New Edge

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Cobra KB 2.2, 22 MB GLB 250, 22 GTPE on order
Country flag
Ordered GTPE 11/14 online. No production date for me.

Flashgolfer

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Maybe it is just luck of the Irish (me)...but I can tell you, I was all over the dealer ensuring THEY were doing their part to get the order into Ford's system. I talked to the dealer constantly from the moment I entered my order on-line....I kept the pressure on them...they confirmed I was a 'priority 1' in Ford's system, and then I got the slot. Seems like an odd system when you can enter an order with Ford, but nothing happens until the dealer actually does their part. It seems there are several break points where this can go awry....good luck to all (and make sure your dealer is doing their part for you)

MachEmaybe

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JLUR
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I was super busy all day today and finally got to check my account. No production date. I hate Thursdays. I ordered premium SR AWD on 10/19. I realize there’s people who ordered before me and still waiting for a date, but man this is super frustrating!
This! Ordered a premium, ER awd on 9/8 and still crickets. I feel guilty complaining because so many others have been waiting longer!

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Seems like an odd system when you can enter an order with Ford, but nothing happens until the dealer actually does their part. It seems there are several break points where this can go awry....good luck to all (and make sure your dealer is doing their part for you)
I think the website portion is just a reservation. The dealer is the one submitting a build order to Ford - so they "own" the order after (not you).

KennyPratt42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Rt 1 AWD
Country flag
I know I'm grasping at straws here, but have the people who got a build date yesterday gotten the email from Ford yet? Or is the information still only avaible by checking the status on the website and/or contacting Ford directly (or through your dealer).

adamtstipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Traverse, 2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium
Country flag
I know I'm grasping at straws here, but have the people who got a build date yesterday gotten the email from Ford yet? Or is the information still only avaible by checking the status on the website and/or contacting Ford directly (or through your dealer).
I got a build date yesterday but have not received an email.

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
‘22 MME CRT1 AWD Ordered 12/8/22. Not scheduled this week.

CaityPerry

First Name
Cait
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Mach-E Premium Ext RWD)
Country flag
My production week just moved up a week to 2/28, was 3/7 yesterday. Wanted to share as maybe that means spots opened for some on this thread! Fingers crossed.

mrvinton

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My production week just moved up a week to 2/28, was 3/7 yesterday. Wanted to share as maybe that means spots opened for some on this thread! Fingers crossed.
I got the same notice, I hope this is the week for my GTPE ordered on 8/28/2021

400 VOLT

First Name
HALLNET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT PE
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Now my 2/28 GTPE build just got moved to 3/7 per email today...maybe they can improve efficiency, get the quality consistent and not miss earnings by .15 :mad:

CaityPerry

First Name
Cait
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Mach-E Premium Ext RWD)
Country flag
Now my 2/28 GTPE build just got moved to 3/7 per email today...maybe they can improve efficiency, get the quality consistent and not miss earnings by .15 :mad:
Same here. Was originally 3/7, moved up to 2/28, and now back to 3/7. This time with an email at least.

400 VOLT

First Name
HALLNET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT PE
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I’ve been basically refreshing my order page since 8am (oops) and it JUST updated! Production date of 3/7! Also, I did not get an email from Ford (not yet at least).

Shadow Black, Premium Ext Battery RWD.
Order Date: 8/27/21
Changed to 22' model: 10/25/21
Production Date: 3/7/22

Finally have my GTPE window sticker...no email since 3/7 production confirmation

CaityPerry

First Name
Cait
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Mach-E Premium Ext RWD)
Country flag
I just got my window sticker as well. And my dealer said my build date is 3/8 so its an actual day now? Maybe?
Sponsored