john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don’t get too excited about your build date because the chip shortage will make your car stuck in production!! Mine has been waiting for a chip for a month and won’t get my car until June. Originally it was scheduled for March delivery.
Sponsored

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Country flag
Ordered AWD SR Premium on 10/1 and still have no date, even when others here with Premiums that got ordered on the same date or later are getting scheduled, and they're ER batteries no less. I don't get it...

Rec329

First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e (on order)
Country flag
Congrats to everyone that got a build date. I feel silly for thinking I had a shot at getting a build date for my 12/27 order.

Premium ER AWD Star White

indygam

First Name
Indy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity
Country flag
After a wait of nearly 6 months, no movement on my order page, and hearing all the stoeries about wait after scheduling/build, I finally gave up and bought an Ioniq 5 off the lot. While I dont have any positive feelings about Ford, I really with you all the best with your orders and anticipated experience with you cars.

My order is cancelled now, hopefully Ford will issue the refund in another 6 months :)

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After a wait of nearly 6 months, no movement on my order page, and hearing all the stoeries about wait after scheduling/build, I finally gave up and bought an Ioniq 5 off the lot. While I dont have any positive feelings about Ford, I really with you all the best with your orders and anticipated experience with you cars.

My order is cancelled now, hopefully Ford will issue the refund in another 6 months :)
I don't blame you one bit. I've driven the Ioniq 5 and it's awesome. Ford is losing a lot of customers by avoiding building their most popular trim (Premiums) and instead churning out Selects that far fewer people want, that end up sitting on lots...

Gopher Adventure

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E CA Rte 1
Country flag
I don't blame you one bit. I've driven the Ioniq 5 and it's awesome. Ford is losing a lot of customers by avoiding building their most popular trim (Premiums) and instead churning out Selects that far fewer people want, that end up sitting on lots...
Not sure where you’re located, but I promise you that here in the Twin Cities, there isn’t a Mach E that’s not spoken for. None of them sit on the lots, in actuality, they’re usually sold well before they arrive. I feel for the OP too, but their must be some algorithm that Ford is using to fulfill these orders and anyone that can solve it is a much smarter human than me. It sucks that some people are waiting unfair amounts of time, but it sounds like the OP is happy in the end with the Ioniq. I’m not happy hearing about people’s wait times, but Ford doesn’t care if people cancel their orders. The dealers actually want you to cancel. Then they can sell the vehicle you ordered after you cancel it and mark it up $3-5K (in the Midwest). The dealer I ordered from is honoring MSRP, but I know dealers on the east and west coast are marking them up by $6-8K if they actually make it to the lot. In Ford’s eyes, a few sour customers is well worth it when coupled with raging demand for the vehicle.

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure where you’re located, but I promise you that here in the Twin Cities, there isn’t a Mach E that’s not spoken for. None of them sit on the lots, in actuality, they’re usually sold well before they arrive. I feel for the OP too, but their must be some algorithm that Ford is using to fulfill these orders and anyone that can solve it is a much smarter human than me. It sucks that some people are waiting unfair amounts of time, but it sounds like the OP is happy in the end with the Ioniq. I’m not happy hearing about people’s wait times, but Ford doesn’t care if people cancel their orders. The dealers actually want you to cancel. Then they can sell the vehicle you ordered after you cancel it and mark it up $3-5K (in the Midwest). The dealer I ordered from is honoring MSRP, but I know dealers on the east and west coast are marking them up by $6-8K if they actually make it to the lot. In Ford’s eyes, a few sour customers is well worth it when coupled with raging demand for the vehicle.
Within 500 miles of me in Pittsburgh here, there's currently 116 Premiums listed on Autotrader, vs. 341 Selects. Even if we assume that a certain percentage are pre-sold, the fact is there's 3x the supply for Selects, and as a result most of them don't have markups either, showing there's less demand for them.

Sure the die-hard Ford or Mach-E fans may endure the long waits and zero information, but it's the conquest buyers they're losing. These people have no loyalties, and now with new competitors like the Ioniq 5 and EV6 equalling or even bettering the Mach-E in certain aspects (like charging speeds), Ford runs the risk of prematurely cooling off demand by keeping people in the dark and utilizing scheduling tactics that (at least to the outsider) don't seem fair. You're right, they probably don't care right now because they're on top of the world with a hot product, but customers remember a crappy buying process (especially if they end up bailing on the order out of frustration), and it may hurt Ford in the long run. Stuff like the botched Bronco rollout is souring people on Ford products in other ways. Sure, maybe the products being top-notch will compensate to a certain extent and I know certain factors are out of their control, but they really need to improve the customer experience, at least by starting to schedule identical builds in the order they were received.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Is it possible that part of the issue is that a critical component for the premiums (chip or not chip related) that the Selects don't have is the issue here? I'm sure Ford would build more Premiums if they could, but maybe the sound system is backordered or something. I know they are prioritizing higher margin trims but if the commodities available only allow them to build Selects (which are still selling like hotcakes) that's what they are going to do...

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I ordered thru a dealer on 10/1 and got my scheduling on 2/3 fopr 3/7. Premium ER eAWD. It will happen. I stripped out the spreadsheet and find some ERs schedule.
Is there a way to download the worksheet to my Google Sheets?

ILikeTurtles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4x
Country flag
Congrats to everyone that got a build date. I feel silly for thinking I had a shot at getting a build date for my 12/27 order.

Premium ER AWD Star White
I have a 12/9 order date. Don't worry, I feel the same way. I still check religiously but I know it is not going to happen for at least another month.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Within 500 miles of me in Pittsburgh here, there's currently 116 Premiums listed on Autotrader, vs. 341 Selects. Even if we assume that a certain percentage are pre-sold, the fact is there's 3x the supply for Selects, and as a result most of them don't have markups either, showing there's less demand for them.

Sure the die-hard Ford or Mach-E fans may endure the long waits and zero information, but it's the conquest buyers they're losing. These people have no loyalties, and now with new competitors like the Ioniq 5 and EV6 equalling or even bettering the Mach-E in certain aspects (like charging speeds), Ford runs the risk of prematurely cooling off demand by keeping people in the dark and utilizing scheduling tactics that (at least to the outsider) don't seem fair. You're right, they probably don't care right now because they're on top of the world with a hot product, but customers remember a crappy buying process (especially if they end up bailing on the order out of frustration), and it may hurt Ford in the long run. Stuff like the botched Bronco rollout is souring people on Ford products in other ways. Sure, maybe the products being top-notch will compensate to a certain extent and I know certain factors are out of their control, but they really need to improve the customer experience, at least by starting to schedule identical builds in the order they were received.
@Ford Motor Company what he said!
I had this twitter altercation with Mike Levine on this post about the atrocities with Bronco ordering and Godforsaken allocation formula.

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is it possible that part of the issue is that a critical component for the premiums (chip or not chip related) that the Selects don't have is the issue here? I'm sure Ford would build more Premiums if they could, but maybe the sound system is backordered or something. I know they are prioritizing higher margin trims but if the commodities available only allow them to build Selects (which are still selling like hotcakes) that's what they are going to do...
Yes, and that's already been established. Premiums take more chips, and beyond that, Selects and non-glass roof GTs also have been getting scheduled ultra-quick, suggesting there's a glass supply issue too. This is also likely why the acoustic laminated glass was deleted from the front windows for 2022. When there's supply constraints, I totally understand. The issue I have is that there's now AWD Premium orders that were placed after mine that have been getting scheduled, while mine has been skipped over. Maybe it's because I didn't order from a big enough dealer or a dealer in a ZEV state, who knows at this point.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Yes, and that's already been established. Premiums take more chips, and beyond that, Selects and non-glass roof GTs also have been getting scheduled ultra-quick, suggesting there's a glass supply issue too. This is also likely why the acoustic laminated glass was deleted from the front windows for 2022. When there's supply constraints, I totally understand. The issue I have is that there's now AWD Premium orders that were placed after mine that have been getting scheduled, while mine has been skipped over. Maybe it's because I didn't order from a big enough dealer or a dealer in a ZEV state, who knows at this point.
Your criticism on the scheduling is fair, but I was replying more to your post earlier in the thread that "Selects are just sitting on lots" and that Ford is "avoiding building Premiums". I think both of those claims are kind of a stretch when the Mach-E supply is turning within two weeks and Ford is quite obviously experiencing a supply chain crunch for certain parts.

One data point but FWIW I ordered the Select with Comfort/Tech (everything in the Premium I actually was interested in was in that package) and as far as I can tell the primary chip differences between the two should be for the sound system and the lighting... They wouldn't be building mine so quickly if it wasn't that or something else unique to the Premium (like the glass roofs) that was holding things up.

Mi2Fl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
Dumb question... how do you track which cars (or if your car) made it in this batch of build dates?

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
Dumb question... how do you track which cars (or if your car) made it in this batch of build dates?
You dealer will be able to tell you if you got selected for a build date. If you placed your order online through ford.com you can also check online in reservations and orders section.
Sponsored