FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
Hi. I have two questions:

1. CHIP HOLD. I have a build week of 4/11 (Ordered 10/5). Should we all assume that when we get “Built” we then go on chip hold? Is this a given now; we go to the back of the line behind the others waiting on chips? It’s seems like anecdotaly that some cars have been recently built with chips and don’t go on hold. I’m getting a PE AWD ER

2. VIN #’s: when do we get vin #’s? Ford stopped sending me email updatesafter I received my congratulations on your order email. I plan to get my updates online at this point.

thanks.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Hi. I have two questions:

1. CHIP HOLD. I have a build week of 4/11 (Ordered 10/5). Should we all assume that when we get “Built” we then go on chip hold? Is this a given now; we go to the back of the line behind the others waiting on chips? It’s seems like anecdotaly that some cars have been recently built with chips and don’t go on hold. I’m getting a PE AWD ER

2. VIN #’s: when do we get vin #’s? Ford stopped sending me email updatesafter I received my congratulations on your order email. I plan to get my updates online at this point.

thanks.
I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of anybody in the 2/7 build week onwards who has been placed on a chip hold. That's also subject to change, though...

For VIN's you can use this site I believe somebody on the forum setup to decode the reservations page-- it does not work unless you have a week of production scheduled. https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/findvin Not sure the original thread it is posted in.

DannyK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Grease monkey
Country flag
43 weeks… premium awd extended range. Ordered May 1st, took delivery February 28th.
good luck ?

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
To the OP: Is there an update on scheduling for the upcoming week 3/14?

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
To the OP: Is there an update on scheduling for the upcoming week 3/14?
I saw on another post no scheduling this week either. Maybe next week they will schedule for May.

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
I know this is crazy talk, but…. It would be nice if Ford scheduled a week in which they could clean up all the January builds on “chip hold” instead of continuing to build new ones. It’s been really frustrating watching everyone from 1/31 onwards get their notifications of “built”. There are folks that ordered in January that already have cars on the way. I probably missed that boat by a day or two, so I am at the absolute back of the line.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Looks increasingly like I should have ordered a GT and gone to a bigger dealership.

Ford: please accept my sincerest apologies for having disappointed you. ;)
Sponsored