jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 TSX, 2017 Civic, MACHE GT grabber blue
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
I don't know if this will help you, but when you log into your ford.com account and view your order, scroll down to the "Vehicle Details" tab and make sure you see "Active Park Assist Prep Kid -$325." Mine has been order since July, 2021. Since December, I was calling my dealer monthly to find out why it wasn't being scheduled for production and was consistently told everything was fine with the order. I finally called Ford Marketing Support directly and was told there was a "computability issue" with the order that was keeping it from production. When I said those words to the dealer, they checked again and saw that they needed to click a box re: this park assist thing. They did, I got an "order updated" email from Ford showing this Active Park Assist line, and a week later and I'm scheduled for production.
What models does this apply to? I ordered a GT, but with no other options (no glass roof, no Bluecruise). I think the self assist is part of the Bluecruise $1,900 upgrade right?
Sponsored

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
What models does this apply to? I ordered a GT, but with no other options (no glass roof, no Bluecruise). I think the self assist is part of the Bluecruise $1,900 upgrade right?
Yes-- base Selects and GT's without BlueCruise need not worry about this at all. No ParkAssist to begin with.

Ranger Rick

First Name
Ranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 Ranger, 2006 F-250, 14 & 19 Fusion Energi
Occupation
Tax Adminstration
Country flag
I’m right there with ya, Ford’s nonexistent communication is inexcusable.

Like I get it, there are production delays and chip shortages and so forth. Fine. But freaking give some semblance of actual feedback to your customers. A simple “here’s where your estimated place in line is” kind of metric which customers could reference would go such a long way.

If it weren’t for this forum I’d be 10x more in the dark than I already am. Nearly four months since order acceptance and all I get from Ford is one cryptic “it’s delayed” email, and another even more cryptic “your order has been updated” email.

This damn car better be worth it. Lol.
I think there is a lot more to it than just shortages and supply chain disruptions. A GT when configured with the 360 camera and whatnot has just as many chips as a premium. It has more motors than some premiums. Yet GT orders are regularly getting picked up much faster.

The reality is that hardware is almost identical (beyond some superficial changes) between the GT and Premium. It's a difference in software, allowing more power to flow from battery to motors and whatnot, creating something that accelerated a little bit faster. The key thing is that they charge a lot more for the GT. Even if I upgraded and added every kit possible to a premium, a similarly configured GT will net about $6000 more.

This is a completely rational business decision. However, it comes at the expense of other perfectly reasonable decisions that could be made, such as not pissing off loyal customers by making it so damn obvious that their business means a lot less to you. Nothing like pooping on some customers while favoring others to piss someone off.

The other issue I think has to do with dealers. I have seen identical configurations from Northern California where the only difference is paint colors. Yet some of these orders are already scheduled even though they were placed weeks after mine. The only thing that makes sense to me is that either these people paid a markup and the dealers are weighing the scales in favor of these customers, giving them better priority codes and this increasing the odds of them getting picked up. Again, a perfectly rational business decision , but at the expense of other perfectly rational alternatives.

This really seems to be a horrible way to do business. In an age where people can get online and compare notes, such decisions are only going to inflame and piss off customers. Maybe I'd feel a.little but different if FoMoCo we're transparent and would admit that this is what is going on, but they'd rather pretend to be fair and transparent like their direct to consumer competitors when in reality they are not.

For me personally, while I love Ford and all but one of my vehicle purchases in the last 22 years have been Ford's, I am much more eager to give the middle finger to people like Mohammed Bin Salman and other ruthless oil selling thugs who perpetrate a lot of evil in the world. Putin isn't the only had guy we are buying oil from. Looks at the attrocities perpetrated in Yemen over the past three years. It doesn't make our nightly news quite like Ukraine, but the bloodshed and human suffering still exist. If a Polestar 2 can be delivered sooner, I'm going to take it. FoMoCo only has themselves to blame. I won't let someone poop on me like this and they can kiss my butt goodbye.

Chances are good that if I leave Ford and find happiness with another manufacturer, I'm going to stick with them. I have become much more resistant to change as I get older and it really takes something big to get me to change course. Alleviating my own guilt about the all part I play in funding global attrocities is a big enough thing to do just that. I wouldn't blame anyone else who felt the same, nor do I blame the faithful who don't mind being crapped on until they get their mustang.

That's just my two cents.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think there is a lot more to it than just shortages and supply chain disruptions. A GT when configured with the 360 camera and whatnot has just as many chips as a premium. It has more motors than some premiums. Yet GT orders are regularly getting picked up much faster.

The reality is that hardware is almost identical (beyond some superficial changes) between the GT and Premium. It's a difference in software, allowing more power to flow from battery to motors and whatnot, creating something that accelerated a little bit faster. The key thing is that they charge a lot more for the GT. Even if I upgraded and added every kit possible to a premium, a similarly configured GT will net about $6000 more.

This is a completely rational business decision. However, it comes at the expense of other perfectly reasonable decisions that could be made, such as not pissing off loyal customers by making it so damn obvious that their business means a lot less to you. Nothing like pooping on some customers while favoring others to piss someone off.

The other issue I think has to do with dealers. I have seen identical configurations from Northern California where the only difference is paint colors. Yet some of these orders are already scheduled even though they were placed weeks after mine. The only thing that makes sense to me is that either these people paid a markup and the dealers are weighing the scales in favor of these customers, giving them better priority codes and this increasing the odds of them getting picked up. Again, a perfectly rational business decision , but at the expense of other perfectly rational alternatives.

This really seems to be a horrible way to do business. In an age where people can get online and compare notes, such decisions are only going to inflame and piss off customers. Maybe I'd feel a.little but different if FoMoCo we're transparent and would admit that this is what is going on, but they'd rather pretend to be fair and transparent like their direct to consumer competitors when in reality they are not.

For me personally, while I love Ford and all but one of my vehicle purchases in the last 22 years have been Ford's, I am much more eager to give the middle finger to people like Mohammed Bin Salman and other ruthless oil selling thugs who perpetrate a lot of evil in the world. Putin isn't the only had guy we are buying oil from. Looks at the attrocities perpetrated in Yemen over the past three years. It doesn't make our nightly news quite like Ukraine, but the bloodshed and human suffering still exist. If a Polestar 2 can be delivered sooner, I'm going to take it. FoMoCo only has themselves to blame. I won't let someone poop on me like this and they can kiss my butt goodbye.

Chances are good that if I leave Ford and find happiness with another manufacturer, I'm going to stick with them. I have become much more resistant to change as I get older and it really takes something big to get me to change course. Alleviating my own guilt about the all part I play in funding global attrocities is a big enough thing to do just that. I wouldn't blame anyone else who felt the same, nor do I blame the faithful who don't mind being crapped on until they get their mustang.

That's just my two cents.
LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACE!
Ford Mustang Mach-E ⏱ Mach-E Scheduling Next Week (4/18) For Build Weeks 5/30 Through 6/27 1650648437607

Last edited:

Rk808

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mirai: Volvo XC60; MME
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
At this point hoping my 11/3 order is converted to a 2023 model and they update the battery to solid state with 500 mile range.
one fantasy is as good as another :)

Bluelake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
At this point hoping my 11/3 order is converted to a 2023 model and they update the battery to solid state with 500 mile range.
one fantasy is as good as another :)
I too ordered Nov 2021, 11/1. Premium AWD Ext.Range. If all the other optimistic posts are correct, Ford should be sending me an email in the next 30 days saying I'm scheduled for production. BUT...I'm in Socal and ordered from a dealer that is probably not what ford considers a high volume dealership, so we'll see.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I too ordered Nov 2021, 11/1. Premium AWD Ext.Range. If all the other optimistic posts are correct, Ford should be sending me an email in the next 30 days saying I'm scheduled for production. BUT...I'm in Socal and ordered from a dealer that is probably not what ford considers a high volume dealership, so we'll see.
Me too.
Ford Mustang Mach-E ⏱ Mach-E Scheduling Next Week (4/18) For Build Weeks 5/30 Through 6/27 1650734395336

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Premium AWD/ER seem to take the longest to get scheduled. The ones that I do see getting scheduled are Oct 2021 orders. I suspect the November 2021 orders will get July Build dates.
and here I was thinking my "low volume", indifferent dealer was the reason my Premium AWD ER order was being ignored. :D
Ford Mustang Mach-E ⏱ Mach-E Scheduling Next Week (4/18) For Build Weeks 5/30 Through 6/27 1650735193358

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Premium AWD/ER seem to take the longest to get scheduled. The ones that I do see getting scheduled are Oct 2021 orders. I suspect the November 2021 orders will get July Build dates.
I ordered that config in 12/30 and just got scheduled to 5/30. But I still haven't received an email from Ford. My dealer told me and informed my VIN, which I was able to add to the FordPass app.
If you have a dealer order like me (not an online one), ask your dealer to check. I heard from another member that got him 6 days to receive the email from Ford after he discovered through dealer he was scheduled. Because, you know, this email thing is new and really difficult to manage. 😒🤦‍♂️

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER Ice White
Country flag
  • Order date: Oct 14, 2021
  • Trim: Premium
  • Drivetrain: AWD
  • Battery: ER
  • Paint/Options: Ice White Package, Interior Protection Package
  • Build week: June 6, 2022 (originally May 30, 2022 but delayed as of April 28, 2022)
  • Region: SoCal/Los Angeles Area (Ford/Lincoln Combo Dealer)
Just a note that I reached out to dealer on April 18th, was told my build needed to get a signature for the Park Assist Prep Kit change. Rep also apologized that the sales person who was in charge of my order wasn't there anymore either (which is why it was a good thing I called to check up on it). Sent it off and order was changed April 19th/20th online to reflect it. I'm unsure what it was before but my priority code on the sales summary I signed said I priority code 10 for that dealer. Still irked my summary says I have price level 225 but hopefully I can negotiate that to the 215/220 price since I ordered well before then.

Last edited:

OhMyArceus

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E SEL
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Order Date: 10/24/2021
Trim: Grabber Blue SEL, RWD, Comfort and Tech package
Build Week: 5/16/2022
Region: WI

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Make sure your dealer adds the prep kit. My dealer was unaware that this was required to get a production date. Otherwise, your order will have a "compatibility issue" and will not be selected. My dealer just updated my order; hopefully, this will allow us to get scheduled on Thursday.
Sorry I was just told that I have a compatibility issue, my dealer says there are no changes they can make to the order, I'm kinda pissed and confused right now as I gave them a 1k non-refundable deposit on this back in November and I still don't have a build date. What is this prep kit?

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
You're welcome, I kind of get the impression that all dealers needed to approve the addition of the Prep Kit and some didn't realize it, like yours. However, when I talked to my dealer to check about a month ago they didn't seem to know anything about it either, but when I called Ford they confirmed I already had the Prep Kit added. Might just be that some dealers have a person that focuses on orders and tracking them and routinely approves things like this when they come in from Ford (I get this impression about my dealer).
My dealer had no idea when I raised the prep kit thing and they never bothered to call me back, then one day, like magic, the -$325 and prep kid appears on the online account; I think it's simply automatic. Everyone has been struggling with this issue and they never had to.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Sorry I was just told that I have a compatibility issue, my dealer says there are no changes they can make to the order, I'm kinda pissed and confused right now as I gave them a 1k non-refundable deposit on this back in November and I still don't have a build date. What is this prep kit?
Yes
Sponsored