DarkStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E SR RWD
Country flag
Did you order online or at the dealership ?
Through the dealership.

I was originally trying to order online myself, but there was a problem with the site where I could get to the last part and enter a card for deposit, but it would never go through. Probably because my dealer required $0 deposit but it still asked for a card for $0 so maybe the Ford site got confused by that. So I had to just send my dealer the order info and they placed.
Sponsored

MeIIo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Select
Country flag
Through the dealership.

I was originally trying to order online myself, but there was a problem with the site where I could get to the last part and enter a card for deposit, but it would never go through. Probably because my dealer required $0 deposit but it still asked for a card for $0 so maybe the Ford site got confused by that. So I had to just send my dealer the order info and they placed.
You can’t track your order online if you placed order with dealer I believe.

JROC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
What kind of time frames are folks being quoted by the dealerships? When I placed my order a month ago I was told 4 months. I called yesterday and asked for an update and was told 5-8 months. Hopefully I’m still in the 4 month window!

NoEntiendoNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte 1 AWD
Country flag
What kind of time frames are folks being quoted by the dealerships? When I placed my order a month ago I was told 4 months. I called yesterday and asked for an update and was told 5-8 months. Hopefully I’m still in the 4 month window!
My dealer doesn’t really have any better of an idea than I do about when the car might get scheduled or when it’ll arrive. I ordered 12/27/21 and haven’t gotten a production date yet.

I would say best case scenario if you’re really lucky and/or if Ford gets their production issues sorted out is four months.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
My dealer doesn’t really have any better of an idea than I do about when the car might get scheduled or when it’ll arrive. I ordered 12/27/21 and haven’t gotten a production date yet.

I would say best case scenario if you’re really lucky and/or if Ford gets their production issues sorted out is four months.
I dunno... I ordered the same car as you on 12/3/21 and was quoted 20"+" (on the Ford site) weeks and when I passed the 20 week/5 month mark, I had to make peace with entering the "+" zone. 🤦‍♂️

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 12.06.43.png

chasemyaccord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Everyone who's saying they ordered on xx/xx/xxxx, it really depends on WHAT you ordered. They're pushing select orders out the door quicker from what I hear, which makes sense given how I ordered after some of you but have a production date scheduled. Also depends if you opted for the active park assist prep kit instead since if you haven't, then you won't be getting yours until 2023.

NoEntiendoNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte 1 AWD
Country flag
I dunno... I ordered the same car as you on 12/3/21 and was quoted 20"+" (on the Ford site) weeks and when I passed the 20 week/5 month mark, I had to make peace with entering the "+" zone. 🤦‍♂️

Ford Mustang Mach-E ⏱ Mach-E Scheduling Next Week (5/2) For Build Weeks 5/30 Through 6/27 Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 12.06.43
Yeah, same for my CA1 AWD re: “20+” weeks. Although, I have no clue why Ford thought the CA1 models would be quicker to produce than the Premiums…nearly the same set of equipment.

Maybe the power lift gate on the Premiums (back before it was removed) gave Ford reason to think supply chain things would be worse? Dunno.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Yeah, same for my CA1 AWD re: “20+” weeks. Although, I have no clue why Ford thought the CA1 models would be quicker to produce than the Premiums…nearly the same set of equipment.

Maybe the power lift gate on the Premiums (back before it was removed) gave Ford reason to think supply chain things would be worse? Dunno.
It makes no sense at all. It would be so much better if they'd just communicate with their customers.

NoEntiendoNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte 1 AWD
Country flag
Everyone who's saying they ordered on xx/xx/xxxx, it really depends on WHAT you ordered. They're pushing select orders out the door quicker from what I hear, which makes sense given how I ordered after some of you but have a production date scheduled. Also depends if you opted for the active park assist prep kit instead since if you haven't, then you won't be getting yours until 2023.
I partially chose the CA1 trim because the stated delivery timeframe at time of order was the same as that of the Select (and GT, if I’m not mistaken…only the Premium had the “28+“ week delivery timeframe).

I’ve got the prep kit, priority code 10…like I said, in hindsight the CA1 and Premium aren’t really that different so I get why the wait time is more than likely similar, but it’s still irritating.

Ranger Rick

First Name
Ranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 Ranger, 2006 F-250, 14 & 19 Fusion Energi
Occupation
Tax Adminstration
Country flag
Well my wait is over.

March 8th I ordered a Polestar 2 and was given an estimated delivery date of June 6th. Well it's going to be three weeks early and I finalized the paperwork this morning.

It took Polestar/Volvo/Geeley less than four months to accomplish this feat.

I was feeling quite sad about the whole thing, until I called both dealerships to cancel my orders. Neither rep seemed to give a crap. Must be nice to have so many customers that you don't give a care when you've irritated your customer enough that they just give up.

If the order fulfillment process had made more sense and didn't make me feel like I was being screwed over every other week, I'd have waited. However, went it became apparent that some business was worth more than others, Ill spend my money with someone who values it.

I'm an EV Ambassador with our community owned utility and had been looking forward to rolling up to a clients home and talking about how amazing my Mustang is. Instead, I'll tell them the story of how a little startup managed to make FoMoCo look like a bunch of incompetent clowns.

It's going to take a really long time for me to forgive and forget this one. 22+ years of repeat business down the drain.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
You can’t track your order online if you placed order with dealer I believe.
You can online thorugh their support if you have the order code and sale code from the dealer (should be in the docs you signed)

DarkStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E SR RWD
Country flag
You can online thorugh their support if you have the order code and sale code from the dealer (should be in the docs you signed)
Thanks. Yeah, I have been able to have the chat support look it up. Inconvenient to have to manually do that and wait 20 min each time, but it’s one way to get status! Just wish they could link up order numbers to your Ford account, but they said it’s not possible.

xinlitik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Mustang
Country flag
Well my wait is over.

March 8th I ordered a Polestar 2 and was given an estimated delivery date of June 6th. Well it's going to be three weeks early and I finalized the paperwork this morning.

It took Polestar/Volvo/Geeley less than four months to accomplish this feat.

I was feeling quite sad about the whole thing, until I called both dealerships to cancel my orders. Neither rep seemed to give a crap. Must be nice to have so many customers that you don't give a care when you've irritated your customer enough that they just give up.

If the order fulfillment process had made more sense and didn't make me feel like I was being screwed over every other week, I'd have waited. However, went it became apparent that some business was worth more than others, Ill spend my money with someone who values it.

I'm an EV Ambassador with our community owned utility and had been looking forward to rolling up to a clients home and talking about how amazing my Mustang is. Instead, I'll tell them the story of how a little startup managed to make FoMoCo look like a bunch of incompetent clowns.

It's going to take a really long time for me to forgive and forget this one. 22+ years of repeat business down the drain.
They dont care because they’ll keep your order for themselves and mark it up 20k

the dealer model will be the end of traditional car manufacturers

hopefully ford can break free with the all ev division

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Gotcha, I ordered a grabber blue select with comfort/tech package. Called my dealership and got a uhhh I’m not sure if you need parking assist kit haven’t heard of an issue. Also said they couldn’t give me any info like priority number. Ordered 3/11
In mid March Ford indicated parts for park assist were back ordered so car schedule would be on hold until parts came in. They recommended I change to park assist kit, which would put the car back into the schedule. Dealer made me sign a new order sheet indicating this (-$325). Requested dealer change the priority code from 19 to 10 (highest priority a dealer can assign for cars ordered thru that dealer), which they did. This was reflected on the revised order I signed on 3/18/2022. Ordered a CR1 RWD on 1/3/2022 and was scheduled a build week of 5/30/2022 last week.
Sponsored