Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I guess they let all the buzz and preorders go to their heads. The ER option on the Mach-E is a reasonable $5000; at $19,500 on the lightning I am really glad I didn't bother placing a reservation.
The extra battery is really $10k. Available as a stand alone option on the Pro and XLT for fleet customers. Retail customers can't have the ER on the Pro. Available on XLT but you also have to get the 312A package which features rain sensing wipers, Co-Pilot Assist 2.0, power Tail gate and the 9.6kW generator. Would be cool if Ford offered it as a stand alone option on XLT though...

For those who really want PaaK......available as an option on the Lariat or included with Platinum.

Ford Mustang Mach-E ⚡️ 2022 F-150 Lightning EV pricing revealed, production doubled to 150K/yr, ordering begins 1/6/22 1641353173037
Sponsored

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Do you guys realize how massive the extended range battery is in this thing? No wonder it costs a shit ton. It weighs 4 shit tons. It has an 80 amp onboard charger for god sake.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Do you guys realize how massive the extended range battery is in this thing? No wonder it costs a shit ton. It weighs 4 shit tons. It has an 80 amp onboard charger for god sake.
Yeah. When I first saw it back in Aug/Sept, I was thinking the same thing. It's about 50% bigger than the ER battery in our cars!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks. Does this go on off with the lights up front, do you think the blue matches the Mach-E blue pretty well? No idea how to install it, I suppose I could ask a shop to do it.
I was sort of kidding but also, yeah a product like this one ought to work.

I've installed light strips like this behind a TV and to provide more light on kitchen countertops... But never in a vehicle. But I've seen posts here on the forum where folks have installed similar products into their Mach-Es.

Reactions: ARK

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
The ER battery cost killed my desire to buy a lightning. I wouldn’t buy the truck without it, but at +$20k it’s insane to buy it. All of their specs are way down too from what I was remembering, specifically on tow ratings and range for both batteries. I would much rather have a Rivian as all of the specs are better than the Lightning with ER battery. Hopefully Toyota can figure out the EV truck, I need a truck that doesn’t necessarily need to tow a house and be ultra luxury but at least has a useful bed, some off road capability, and decent range.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
All of their specs are way down too from what I was remembering, specifically on tow ratings and range for both batteries.
Looking at tow rating and range, these specs match exactly Ford's spec sheet exactly. That spec sheet was put out by Ford in May, just a couple of days after the reveal. For me personally, Pro trim matches my needs. $43K with a couple of options plus another $5K or so on some after market add-ons checks almost all the boxes. I already have MME (and planning to keep it) with more tech and comfort than I need, and I wasn't looking for something to be equivalent of a Super Duty. If I can get 2022 Lightning Pro, I'll be satisfied.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
So....when do we see the commercial where they drop a bucketload of cinder blocks in the bed?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Order banks open today for fleet customers. We get an e-mail saying it is time to place our order. Then a link to our dealership's contact info. A little surprising because we were able to build the E-Transit online and then send the order to the dealer for pricing. For whatever reason, the Lightning is being handled differently. ???

Ford Mustang Mach-E ⚡️ 2022 F-150 Lightning EV pricing revealed, production doubled to 150K/yr, ordering begins 1/6/22 1641396028159

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Similar dilemma. Get a Pro and be 2 EVs or get a Maverick Hybrid and same $20k but not be EV only. No way will I be selling the MachE, love the car.
That's my dilemma...............Love the car.....need a truck.......want a Lightning

Our current F150 works just fine for us. Wife is not sure she wants to be all EV and I kind of agree with the expected limited towing range of the Lightning.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
So....when do we see the commercial where they drop a bucketload of cinder blocks in the bed?
That was a Chevy commercial intended to disparage the aluminum construction. When one of my Chevy-driving buddies ragged me about that commercial, my reply was: “If you’re dumb enough to drop rocks into your bed from 20’ in the air, don’t buy a Ford!”

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
for fleet customers.
Let us know how your ordering goes. I just love the F150 EV frunk and the idea of V2H. We already have solar and storage, but can't say I wouldn't mind a massive battery on the car for more crazy weather.

Problem with the ordering website for "retail" customers is everything with the extended battery is ~70k+ currently. Maybe in a few years when the hype/limited supply dies down, but that's ok. Wasn't planning to get 2 Fords and I can't say I need a truck.

Pricing is fine if you were planning to spend $70k+, but less so if you just want a specific build (like I ordered the SR MME).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Available as a stand alone option on the Pro and XLT for fleet customers.
Which applies to a tiny fraction of the people wanting to buy the thing.

Yes the ER battery is larger in the lightning, but then so is the SR battery - so instead of a 22kwh difference it is 33kw. That makes $10k for the ER comparatively a little high but reasonable; forcing non-fleet people to plunk down an additional $9500 for add-ons they may not want is a mistake in the long term in my opinion. They'll sell their first batch like hotcakes because the reservations are so much higher than initial supply, but by 3Q23 they'll need to change that policy or experience a significant dropoff in sales as the uncancelled reservations and the tax incentive dry up. The same goes for limiting the lowest trim to fleet buyers - at least in my opinion.
Sponsored