【AOSK】Mach E 3D scan files for small parts request thread, if you are looking for a quick 3d print fix on small parts

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I saw the thread of https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/control-shutters-on-front-bumper-broken.20402/#post-581389 in the forum some while ago, and @SnBGC mentioned that “It is a shame Ford doesn't let owners have access to a 3D print file so they can replicate their own part (assuming they have access to additive manufacturing device).There are many small pieces here and there where something like that would make sense.

On the other hand, @mergedown was able to do a quick fix on the active shutter using 3d file https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/7d57c968-00ec-47ab-9ddb-4b7f5bfbbfe6-jpeg.90683/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...product-active-grill-shutter-protector.15212/

And we as an accessories developer already scan the whole car, and parts when we design all those products we made. why don’t I start a thread, and if Owners don’t have access to 3d scanning and need scanned parts to perform a quick 3d print fix on small pieces here and there, let me know here in this thread.

We might not have every part’s 3d file, but I will try my best (give me 2-3 days, and I will let you know if we are able to get it for you).

We won’t charge anything, its free. simply comment about the pieces you need(please give me as many details as possible), and I will attach the file requested if we have them available.

PS: Does anyone know if the sharing of 3d scanned files is legal? Or if it is allowed by Ford?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Great service and hopefully a bit of a revenue stream for you.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I don't know what I'm going to request, but I'm going to find something. 🤣 Thank you @AOSK , really awesome that you would do this for us.

Edit: I have one! What about those plastic clips that hold down the beauty panels around the frunk? Those clips break all the time and the ability to print one off when needed would be great.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I don't know what I'm going to request, but I'm going to find something. 🤣 Thank you @AOSK , really awesome that you would do this for us.

Edit: I have one! What about those plastic clips that hold down the beauty panels around the frunk? Those clips break all the time and the ability to print one off when needed would be great.
Hi Buddy!

Do you have an image about it? im not quite sure where is this piece.

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
Wow. I look forward to having my MachE and printing parts for it instead of paying a bunch for some darned little thing.

Out of curiousity, what are you using to scan?

Regarding legality, I don't think ford would come after you. The legal landscape is pretty complicated: the part my be integral to a patent. I'm not aware of any copywrite for physical things, though. There have been recent "right to repair" laws and lawsuites happening just now, which might change the landscape. Ford could only sue for damages, which would be the lost revenue of the parts. I can't really imagine Ford coming after an effort like this, but who knows.

Regarding someone else's scans, it depends on the license under which they've scanned and made it available There would be a separate license for the scan of the thing, just like how there is the reproduction write for sheet music vs a recording of the song itself. Fairly sure.

Not a lawyer but have done a lot of intellectual property license work in previous lives.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Wow. I look forward to having my MachE and printing parts for it instead of paying a bunch for some darned little thing.

Out of curiousity, what are you using to scan?

Regarding legality, I don't think ford would come after you. The legal landscape is pretty complicated: the part my be integral to a patent. I'm not aware of any copywrite for physical things, though. There have been recent "right to repair" laws and lawsuites happening just now, which might change the landscape. Ford could only sue for damages, which would be the lost revenue of the parts. I can't really imagine Ford coming after an effort like this, but who knows.

Regarding someone else's scans, it depends on the license under which they've scanned and made it available There would be a separate license for the scan of the thing, just like how there is the reproduction write for sheet music vs a recording of the song itself. Fairly sure.

Not a lawyer but have done a lot of intellectual property license work in previous lives.
Hi

Thank you for the info above! we appreciate this.
3d printing some very tiny pieces is definitely gonna save a lot of time and effort.
I am not quite sure which specific brand of 3d scanner my team uses tho, lol, but the accuracy is pretty well.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

Lino1865

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm looking for a bracket that holds the rear carpet riser. There is a left and right. Too much weight was applied and broke them.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I'm looking for a bracket that holds the rear carpet riser. There is a left and right. Too much weight was applied and broke them.
That would be awesome, they actually answered something similar here:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/trunk-floor-support.15096/

You can read this for a DIY solution:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/diy-additional-support-for-your-cargo-floor.24352/

There is also this one with some helpful solutions throughout:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-costs-watch-weight-in-the-rear.14388/page-10

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Thanks to @Neil4Real for those info, I believe its these pieces right?
file in the attachment.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 【AOSK】Mach E 3D scan files for small parts request thread, if you are looking for a quick 3d print fix on small parts d25abeba8ded91ac506df02ac5a1bb1

Ford Mustang Mach-E 【AOSK】Mach E 3D scan files for small parts request thread, if you are looking for a quick 3d print fix on small parts 8ad6bd05932152adb644eb2ffe0cec5

There is a part on the back to secure this piece as well, im not sure if a 3d print will help fixing it.

for the piece on the back, we only got the one on the right, i believe a mirroring will get the left piece
Ford Mustang Mach-E 【AOSK】Mach E 3D scan files for small parts request thread, if you are looking for a quick 3d print fix on small parts 9d417b60339b4ba91b97d902b427ada

Ford Mustang Mach-E 【AOSK】Mach E 3D scan files for small parts request thread, if you are looking for a quick 3d print fix on small parts 2d02c5c1267914fab63a87703ce0cc5

Ford Mustang Mach-E 【AOSK】Mach E 3D scan files for small parts request thread, if you are looking for a quick 3d print fix on small parts 3e9abc51140dd706b9b22fb9cf93472

Attachments

Last edited:

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
We might not have every part’s 3d file, but I will try my best (give me 2-3 days, and I will let you know if we are able to get it for you).

We won’t charge anything, its free. simply comment about the pieces you need(please give me as many details as possible), and I will attach the file requested if we have them available.
Hey, nice people at AOSK. Love your products. And thanks for this thread!!!

Would you happen to have a model of the rear bumper cover, specifically need the scalloped area beneath the rear backup light, and a little bit larger.
I just want to use the model as a cutting tool for another project I am working on, which needs to adhere to / fit into the space beneath the "scallop" as tightly as possible.

I've been more or less reverse engineering a design to fit the space, but it's a slow-going, iterative process and nothing like working with an actual cad model to use as a cutting tool to get the fit of my part exactly right.

TIA.
Sponsored

Last edited: