【AOSK】Mach E 3D scan files for small parts request thread, if you are looking for a quick 3d print fix on small parts

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
Hey, @ksroskel, I shared that part for non-commercial use, but sure if you can find someone to print it "at cost" recouping only their time/materials, then great. You could also upload it to JawsTec.com or similar if you can't find someone to print it yourself.

But really, you don't need that part. You should keep an eye out for the updated version, which is standalone and doesn't rely on the third-party aluminum puck.
Unfortunately, it'd be pretty expensive to print four of the standalone ones using JawsTec.com or similar, so you would do well to find a 3D community where someone will do the work for you free-lance (again "at cost" ; not for profit).
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Hey, nice people at AOSK. Love your products. And thanks for this thread!!!

Would you happen to have a model of the rear bumper cover, specifically need the scalloped area beneath the rear backup light, and a little bit larger.
I just want to use the model as a cutting tool for another project I am working on, which needs to adhere to / fit into the space beneath the "scallop" as tightly as possible.

I've been more or less reverse engineering a design to fit the space, but it's a slow-going, iterative process and nothing like working with an actual cad model to use as a cutting tool to get the fit of my part exactly right.

TIA.
not a problem at all, could you show us an image about the area you talking about? so that I could get a better picture about it. Thanks!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Not sure if you can do this, but do you have a template or scan for the exact shape of the glass panoramic roof opening? For making a custom window shade that fits perfectly?

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
not a problem at all, could you show us an image about the area you talking about? so that I could get a better picture about it. Thanks!
Area in blue, please. TIA!!!
Ford Mustang Mach-E 【AOSK】Mach E 3D scan files for small parts request thread, if you are looking for a quick 3d print fix on small parts C10BB2AD-D7EA-4D48-A52B-9BF3198B3431

Last edited:
OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Not sure if you can do this, but do you have a template or scan for the exact shape of the glass panoramic roof opening? For making a custom window shade that fits perfectly?
one sec!
I am only able to find the complete glass in our files

Attachments

Last edited:

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
here you go! the file is too large i had to use google drive.
link
Ford Mustang Mach-E 【AOSK】Mach E 3D scan files for small parts request thread, if you are looking for a quick 3d print fix on small parts dc36b02402022a535d2ee5f2507fbd8
@AOSK This is perfect. And it did very much help me refine the accuracy of my project!

Speaking of accuracy, I was really impressed with the quality of your scan!
I had already precisely modeled the position of the two screws nearest the area of interest and your scan lined up PERFECTLY.
The real proof was that the 3D-printed part that I designed using your bumper STL as a cutting tool, does fit the shape of the MME rear bumper cover almost perfectly -- certainly way more accurately than the model I had self-generated through measurement and trial/error. I'm convinced that any discrepancy in the 3D printed part is all on my side, nothing to do with your flawless scan. Cheers!

I'm not ready to go public with this new project, but when I do, you're getting a huge thank you again at that time! =D

NOTE: My work on this new project will once again be offered for free, for non-commercial use. =D I don't expect there'd be a huge market for this project anyway, or I would have approached you with the idea of co-developing. Haha. Maybe that would make more sense for one of my other projects you know about (hint #magsafe). ;-) LOL

Anyway, thanks again!!!

lanebk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NQY 2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
AH64LCT Test
Country flag
Could you post a file for the phone holder arms on the screen tray down instead of up? I know a number of people would like that.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
@AOSK This is perfect. And it did very much help me refine the accuracy of my project!

Speaking of accuracy, I was really impressed with the quality of your scan!
I had already precisely modeled the position of the two screws nearest the area of interest and your scan lined up PERFECTLY.
The real proof was that the 3D-printed part that I designed using your bumper STL as a cutting tool, does fit the shape of the MME rear bumper cover almost perfectly -- certainly way more accurately than the model I had self-generated through measurement and trial/error. I'm convinced that any discrepancy in the 3D printed part is all on my side, nothing to do with your flawless scan. Cheers!

I'm not ready to go public with this new project, but when I do, you're getting a huge thank you again at that time! =D

NOTE: My work on this new project will once again be offered for free, for non-commercial use. =D I don't expect there'd be a huge market for this project anyway, or I would have approached you with the idea of co-developing. Haha. Maybe that would make more sense for one of my other projects you know about (hint #magsafe). ;-) LOL

Anyway, thanks again!!!
We are glad that we are able to help! it always make our day.
and I believe a lot of owners gonna love the project you had done and the generous sharing!

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Could you post a file for the phone holder arms on the screen tray down instead of up? I know a number of people would like that.
im gonna write this down on our designer's assignment list

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I saw the thread of https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/control-shutters-on-front-bumper-broken.20402/#post-581389 in the forum some while ago, and @SnBGC mentioned that “It is a shame Ford doesn't let owners have access to a 3D print file so they can replicate their own part (assuming they have access to additive manufacturing device).There are many small pieces here and there where something like that would make sense.

On the other hand, @mergedown was able to do a quick fix on the active shutter using 3d file https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/7d57c968-00ec-47ab-9ddb-4b7f5bfbbfe6-jpeg.90683/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...product-active-grill-shutter-protector.15212/

And we as an accessories developer already scan the whole car, and parts when we design all those products we made. why don’t I start a thread, and if Owners don’t have access to 3d scanning and need scanned parts to perform a quick 3d print fix on small pieces here and there, let me know here in this thread.

We might not have every part’s 3d file, but I will try my best (give me 2-3 days, and I will let you know if we are able to get it for you).

We won’t charge anything, its free. simply comment about the pieces you need(please give me as many details as possible), and I will attach the file requested if we have them available.

PS: Does anyone know if the sharing of 3d scanned files is legal? Or if it is allowed by Ford?
Could you scan the Mustang mounted to the front bumper cover? I would use the printed part for my own personal use.

front pony.jpg

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Could you scan the Mustang mounted to the front bumper cover? I would use the printed part for my own personal use.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 【AOSK】Mach E 3D scan files for small parts request thread, if you are looking for a quick 3d print fix on small parts front pony
pm sent, this involve Ford's IP, so lets dont attach the file in this thread lol

defender845

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
Hi, do you have a model of the cup holders in the center console? None of my typical water bottles fit the standard size and I want to take a crack at 3d printing an adapter to hold the larger bottles. Or at worst it looks ridiculous and I just buy a new water bottle or two. Thanks!

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
My lower part of hatch door handle broke. Do you have its model?

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Hi, do you have a model of the cup holders in the center console? None of my typical water bottles fit the standard size and I want to take a crack at 3d printing an adapter to hold the larger bottles. Or at worst it looks ridiculous and I just buy a new water bottle or two. Thanks!
Hi, this shall be the one you looking for.

Sponsored