Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Installation video as the safe didn’t come with instructions. And what instructions I was provided wanted me to put the safe together then put it into the console.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 【BestEvMod by AOSK】Middle Console Safe Vault for Mach E C0E0641A-58D5-491A-9606-B2EDB95575E7

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
If anyone is interested... I added a quality digital lock to my console safe. It is too expensive but works well.

The biggest challenge is finding one thin enough so that the cover still closes. I had a tough time seeing the combination numbers on the original lock, and this works great.

You can have it configured for whatever orientation that you want, but I think the numbers facing the driver work best for me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 【BestEvMod by AOSK】Middle Console Safe Vault for Mach E Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 6.43.47 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E 【BestEvMod by AOSK】Middle Console Safe Vault for Mach E IMG_7458.JPG

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
If anyone is interested... I added a quality digital lock to my console safe. It is too expensive but works well.

The biggest challenge is finding one thin enough so that the cover still closes. I had a tough time seeing the combination numbers on the original lock, and this works great.

You can have it configured for whatever orientation that you want, but I think the numbers facing the driver work best for me.

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 6.43.47 PM.jpg

IMG_7458.JPG
Looks like you were able to use the original hole. That’s great. I was looking at what console vault offers to see if I could find their “better” lock. But even their better one didn’t look decent. I don’t blame AOSK for using a low cost lock to keep price down, but I also would have paid more for a better lock.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Yes, I didn’t want to drill and ruin the flats, which is a security feature.

It’s a 3/4” hole and 5/8” long cam shell. Depending what you store in it and how quickly you want access to it, there are not many good options.

No knock on AOSK.

Some of the others use Combi-Cam, but they were no better for me. Hard to see the numbers.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
it was out of stock previously, its now in stock!

MRyan7465

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Will the center console slide cover (best way I can describe it right now) still slide to cover the safe? Or will it be rolled back once the safe is installrd?

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Will the center console slide cover (best way I can describe it right now) still slide to cover the safe? Or will it be rolled back once the safe is installrd?
Hi dear Owner,

yes, it still able to slide to cover after installation, Rod made a pretty awesome video about this product on #7

Al your Pal

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E 【BestEvMod by AOSK】Middle Console Safe Vault for Mach E IMG_7458.JPG

yo THANK YOU for this info. I like the vault but that lock was terrible. I got this same digital one and could not be happier. Probably wouldn’t have found it without your post, so big thanks.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Got my AOSK console safe installed today. I had high hopes and I have to say, AOSK once again took care of us
Fits like a glove. Only sacrifices about an inch of room on the top.

Has to be assembled inside the console so it won’t come out without destroying the console. And then it’s screwed to the inside of the console. I can shake my whole 5000lb car and by yanking on the safe and it doesn’t move. Lock could be better but anything inside a console isn’t a rapid response anyway. This is a way better solution than a portable safe with a wire rope around a seat post or leaving something of value in the glove box. I dare say more secure than putting valuables in the frunk as well.
I keep my valuables in a ziploc baggie in the frunk. First, there’s STILL no remote release for it. Second, I have highly trained attack koi in the frunk who will effectively protect my belongings 😀😀😀

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
yo THANK YOU for this info. I like the vault but that lock was terrible. I got this same digital one and could not be happier. Probably wouldn’t have found it without your post, so big thanks.
I’m glad it worked out for you. It certainly makes mine a lot more functional and easy to use.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag

I’m wondering if I can fit a P365XL with the holster through the opening.

I wonder if this will work. It is 20mm. That’s a little longer than 5/8”

https://a.co/d/20XAm2y

IMG_2502.png

Last edited: