guntherm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium
Country flag
Love the silver metal ones.. just wishing for the headlight one as well. But great product.

Last edited:

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
I really want matching color sunglasses frames. Cyber-orange frames with polarized lenses would be a great complement.

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Hi! still no... there are really not many Owners went with Orange I guess. how about you give it a shot and if you don't like it, send me a PM, we will exchange another color for you?
I love your accessories, but I can’t seem to find a knob combo that works. When I had a 21 Cyber Orange, there was no orange nor copper that matched. I was recently in a 23 Grabber Blue and the blue knobs were not a match nor close. I tried them in a Vapor Blue GTPE and they don’t match that either.
I then tried the silver and it’s more like what apple calls Starlight. It’s silver with a tint or yellow so it does not match the true silver of the knobs or the GTPE interior.
Is there an issue matching colors when anodizing? I would have thought AOSK would manufacture the colors to match something.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I love your accessories, but I can’t seem to find a knob combo that works. When I had a 21 Cyber Orange, there was no orange nor copper that matched. I was recently in a 23 Grabber Blue and the blue knobs were not a match nor close. I tried them in a Vapor Blue GTPE and they don’t match that either.
I then tried the silver and it’s more like what apple calls Starlight. It’s silver with a tint or yellow so it does not match the true silver of the knobs or the GTPE interior.
Is there an issue matching colors when anodizing? I would have thought AOSK would manufacture the colors to match something.
Hi,

The way we make this item is a bit different, we try to make it more of a metallic color instead of 100% the same as the exterior. we tried to match the paint color at the beginning, but it started to look a bit like plastic with that color on it.
and besides this, it's quite hard to make an exact paint match since from a product perspective, the production volume is very low on this, and the painting processor won't be willing to do a lot of color code tests, and test how it ends up on the zinc for this quantity amount. and it might end up becoming like a 90% match. a 90% match feels worse than a metallic color at the beginning.

We usually suggest owners perform a DIY if they would like an exact match with the exterior color, and I saw a lot of owners did that too.

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi,

The way we make this item is a bit different, we try to make it more of a metallic color instead of 100% the same as the exterior. we tried to match the paint color at the beginning, but it started to look a bit like plastic with that color on it.
and besides this, it's quite hard to make an exact paint match since from a product perspective, the production volume is very low on this, and the painting processor won't be willing to do a lot of color code tests, and test how it ends up on the zinc for this quantity amount. and it might end up becoming like a 90% match. a 90% match feels worse than a metallic color at the beginning.

We usually suggest owners perform a DIY if they would like an exact match with the exterior color, and I saw a lot of owners did that too.
Thank you for the details! Isn’t this anodized? Is there a recommended prep and type of paint? It’s *close* to the metal trim but different enough to bother me.
And yes I know what you mean about color matching, I do it all day long. Probably why I’m sensitive to it.

Really love the quality of the product, cannot overstate that.

canuck1975

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select MME with tech package - "Peggy"
Country flag
I really want matching color sunglasses frames. Cyber-orange frames with polarized lenses would be a great complement.
Maybe Zenni has something you can do to customize that. YouTube is infecting my brain!

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So for anyone interested and considering the colors, here are some.

This is the Blue and Silver (Starlight) next to the factory knob.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 【More Colors Update】Upgrade your Mach-E with these Metal Volume and Gear Shift Covers! SNAP IN, Swap the style IMG_6739

I really liked the blue, just didn’t match the outside and there was nothing for it to “fit in with” on the inside either. I felt the same about the silver. It was just too close without being exact, if that makes sense. It would have been better if it was way off, like the original chrome knobs that don’t match anything. I’d suggest AOSK make a chrome one, the metal knobs FEEL great.

Here’s a comparison, it’s not perfect but I did it all on my phone quick and dirty. Left to right:

OEM / AOSK SILVER / AOSK BLUE / AOSK BLACK
Ford Mustang Mach-E 【More Colors Update】Upgrade your Mach-E with these Metal Volume and Gear Shift Covers! SNAP IN, Swap the style IMG_6774

Since mine is a Vapor Blue Nite Pony, I opted for the BLACK. I really like how they look and feel.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 【More Colors Update】Upgrade your Mach-E with these Metal Volume and Gear Shift Covers! SNAP IN, Swap the style You_Doodle_2023-05-15T23_48_51Z

I think along with the silver AOSK pedals, it really complements the interior and distributes the two colors well. Less chrome on the buttons, more black, less black on the foot well, more silver.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 【More Colors Update】Upgrade your Mach-E with these Metal Volume and Gear Shift Covers! SNAP IN, Swap the style IMG_6772

Last edited:
OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
So for anyone interested and considering the colors, here are some.

This is the Blue and Silver (Starlight) next to the factory knob.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 【More Colors Update】Upgrade your Mach-E with these Metal Volume and Gear Shift Covers! SNAP IN, Swap the style IMG_6772

I really liked the blue, just didn’t match the outside and there was nothing for it to “fit in with” on the inside either. I felt the same about the silver. It was just too close without being exact, if that makes sense. It would have been better if it was way off, like the original chrome knobs that don’t match anything. I’d suggest AOSK make a chrome one, the metal knobs FEEL great.

Here’s a comparison, it’s not perfect but I did it all on my phone quick and dirty. Left to right:

OEM / AOSK SILVER / AOSK BLUE / AOSK BLACK

Since mine is a Vapor Blue Nite Pony, I opted for the BLACK. I really like how they look and feel.

I think along with the silver AOSK pedals, it really complements the interior and distributes the two colors well. Less chrome on the buttons, more black, less black on the foot well, more silver.
wow! thank you for this very detailed comparison! its a huge help

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Black goes with everything. Imo it looks better than the OEM silver too.
Sponsored