Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I had an order for a '22 Select AWD w/ Comfort & Tech. It was changed to a '23 Select AWD (no Comfort & Tech for the '23 model year of course). As I was contemplating changing to a Premium, it appears my Select now has a 10/31 production date. I'm assuming it's too late to change the order to a Premium.

If I don't take delivery of the Select that was ordered, is the Private Offer still assigned to me for one time use (and not assigned to the specific ordered vehicle/VIN)? And if so, can I place a new order for a '23 Premium and receive the equivalent Private Offer discount based on the Premium trim that I take delivery of?
Yes too late. Private offer is not transferable. Take it or leave it.
Sponsored

Deleted member 13372

I Called ford marketing and they couldn't find a private offer for me. I called the dealership and the dealer seemed to think it would arrive with the car.

I feel like i may get screwed out of it. Any ideas?
They should have a certificate number for you once you have a VIN. I got my private offer certificate number the day before my VIN was available, actually.

daadio3

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Dealer is clueless. Due to the MY 2022-2023 order conversion my local dealer notified me about back in August, we changed it from a Select to a Premium (so I thought ). Ford account still lists the order as a select (the only one showing up in my account). I have called the dealer twice now and they told me that they did a new order (2nd) for the premium. The priority code is listed as a 99 on the original. I told them that they have to change the original order or it will be stuck in a queue and nothing will be done. They said they couldn't do that and they felt that I should just keep the 2nd order and keep the old order. They said they can't simply update my original order and change the priority code from a 99. I have absolutely no idea what to do at this point.

shanky2008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2023 Mustand Mach E
Occupation
Devops Engineer
Dealer is lying I think, so you don't get the price protection from your first order.
If you do new order you will never get the private offer.
You have go to the dealer the tell them update your current select order as ford has directed this process or call ford customer care and talk to them .

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Dealer is clueless. Due to the MY 2022-2023 order conversion my local dealer notified me about back in August, we changed it from a Select to a Premium (so I thought ). Ford account still lists the order as a select (the only one showing up in my account). I have called the dealer twice now and they told me that they did a new order (2nd) for the premium. The priority code is listed as a 99 on the original. I told them that they have to change the original order or it will be stuck in a queue and nothing will be done. They said they couldn't do that and they felt that I should just keep the 2nd order and keep the old order. They said they can't simply update my original order and change the priority code from a 99. I have absolutely no idea what to do at this point.
My dealer was very good and transparent.

I changed from Select w/ CT to Premium base RWD SR, changed interior & exterior colors, and asked to use original order # for the trim change.

Triple confirmation:
1. Dealer emailed and put my order as priority code 10 (highest they can do), confirmed by email order # is the same, confirmed certificate has been issued and final amount (private offer) will be available after dealer is invoice (during build). Dealer thinks it will be $6,000 when I called them.

2. Ford online showed immediately after dealer notified me - new colors, Premium pricing, and original order #.

3. Messaged Ford and they said as soon as production date is announced w/ VIN #, they will put it into priority 01.

My dealer sent me this when they changed trim & colors:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 💰 2023MY Mach-E Private Offer -- Amounts & Details (for 2022 to 2023 order conversion) Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 7.16.09 AM

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74045-2023-mustang-mach-e-production-information/

Send them the last post in there. You will not the private offer on the new order.

“Note: Do not create a new 23MY order for customer. Ford generated a 23MY order in the closest possible specification on 99 Priority Code in WBDO. Due to product offering changes, it might not be possible for all 22MY orders to get converted to identical 23MY orders. Thus, these orders require customer confirmation of configuration.”

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer at first was not informed due to lack of information from ford, to be fair. I initially was told all I could do was keep my place in line if I changed trims. So I canceled. However due to information from this forum about the private offer, I called them back and my order was still valid, I changed the trim, and my dealer was awesome in helping to update my order. Received instant confirmation from Ford, have documentation of the change, I can see the new trim in my account. So I would tell you to pursue it because that’s how it should work! And time matters, I may have waited too long to still get any tax help so I wish I would have been on it from day one. Villa Ford is on it. My question for you is whether maybe a different dealer can help you out? Or Ford Customerservice? Good luck!!

g2hmb

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-e Premium on order
Country flag
Question about the private offer; is it in the form of a discount off MSRP, Rebate, or check? My dealer mentioned it would be a check from Ford. But then I would end up paying taxes on the income, plus sales tax on the full MSRP??!

Any clarification?

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Question about the private offer; is it in the form of a discount off MSRP, Rebate, or check? My dealer mentioned it would be a check from Ford. But then I would end up paying taxes on the income, plus sales tax on the full MSRP??!

Any clarification?
I don't think anyone knows yet but I'd be shocked if ford was mailing out checks, seems like an accounting nightmare. To me it reads as an incentive that is applied at the time of purchase. So MSRP - private offer.

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
Yes too late. Private offer is not transferable. Take it or leave it.
Thank you, dealer also said the same thing. Not terribly happy the dealer confirmed the '22 -> '23 order conversion with Ford without asking me to approve first. But given the circumstances and the opportunity to actually get a '23 Mach E (albeit the Select without C/T package) this calendar year, it seems worthwhile to proceed as-is.

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag

Any clarification?
Ford Private Offers are incentives applied at the time of purchase. Whether or not you pay sales tax on the full amount before the Private Offer is applied might depend on sales tax laws in your state.

PolarBear702

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Edge ST, 2018 Fusion Titanium Energi
Occupation
Ford Fleet Sales
Country flag
You have to reach out to your dealer and have them confirm your new order. Your old order is stuck in no mans land until you do. You can switch trims now and get '22 pricing
I got info from dealer. I had a MME Select AWD 22 on order got cancelled or Ford said they weren't going to build. I reordered 23 but moved to Premium Because C&T pkg on Select is gone. I was told because I went to Premium and private offer according to switch over to 23 premium Private off would $6500 off Premium of the 23 I had to go to. We shall see.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
I got info from dealer. I had a MME Select AWD 22 on order got cancelled or Ford said they weren't going to build. I reordered 23 but moved to Premium Because C&T pkg on Select is gone. I was told because I went to Premium and private offer according to switch over to 23 premium Private off would $6500 off Premium of the 23 I had to go to. We shall see.
Should be 6k not 6.5k unless you going awd ?

Davisir

First Name
DANSK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tahoe LT
Country flag
Can anyone confirm whether we still get the incentives offered at the time of order after we’re converted to model year 2023? I suspect my dealership might be playing games with me. When I ordered there was a $2500 options deal and 2% interest. Dealership is making out like I’m losing them.

Gjp719

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX-9, 2018 GMC Terrain
Country flag
Can anyone confirm whether we still get the incentives offered at the time of order after we’re converted to model year 2023? I suspect my dealership might be playing games with me. When I ordered there was a $2500 options deal and 2% interest. Dealership is making out like I’m losing them.
I believe that we are losing them.
Sponsored