Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Here’s another video of the latest design.
This is sort of the kitchen sink right now in terms of items displayed.

Items remaining:
  • Add runtime remaining to remote start output.
  • use OTA info to show when an update is available or pending.
  • Add actionable notifications for items like doors still unlocked after a certain time, on low battery offer to remote start, or specific events/errors (like low battery, low oil, OTA updates).
  • Tidy up the blue header section so it's not so congested.
  • Hopefully have time to develop a conversational Siri shortcut interface.
  • More EV charging controls and UIs
I feel like the only one who has the problem of the image of my car not being on the Ford servers, I even get an error when I run this widget. I wish Ford would help me with this, it’s clearly on their end. Even looking at the My Account page code the two image URLs it calls error out. Anyone know someone on Ford that can actually help?

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Scriptable FordPass Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) 06092253-1865-4D21-BBA4-EB00B7BBFC7C
Sponsored

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Here’s another video of the latest design.
This is sort of the kitchen sink right now in terms of items displayed.

Items remaining:
  • Add runtime remaining to remote start output.
  • use OTA info to show when an update is available or pending.
  • Add actionable notifications for items like doors still unlocked after a certain time, on low battery offer to remote start, or specific events/errors (like low battery, low oil, OTA updates).
  • Tidy up the blue header section so it's not so congested.
  • Hopefully have time to develop a conversational Siri shortcut interface.
  • More EV charging controls and UIs
Looks really good! Can't wait to test it out for you Tonesto7. Great work!!

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Software Developer/System Admin
Country flag
I feel like the only one who has the problem of the image of my car not being on the Ford servers, I even get an error when I run this widget. I wish Ford would help me with this, it’s clearly on their end. Even looking at the My Account page code the two image URLs it calls error out. Anyone know someone on Ford that can actually help?

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Scriptable FordPass Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) 06092253-1865-4D21-BBA4-EB00B7BBFC7C
You're not alone... Ford made a small change after the outage. It's resolved in v2.0 that's coming in the next 2 weeks

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You're not alone... Ford made a small change after the outage. It's resolved in v2.0 that's coming in the next 2 weeks
I mean the image URL for my VIN in Ford’s backend has never worked ever since I got the car in September. I can see on the inspector the URL but it returns a FPCMS Error like the image doesn’t exist or something else is messed up with it. I’ve reached out to report it but no one cares to fix it I guess. I know it’s not a huge issue, I just wish someone would acknowledge it and look into it cause I can clearly see where the problem is. This tool you made is cool though, I know you’re not in charge of Fords servers I just wanted to vent lol.

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Amazing work here, @tonesto7 !

I was playing with the widget and also encountered the missing vehicle image issue. I should have read the end of this thread before trying to guess my way through possible web service call issues.

JSON response {"message":"Cannot find an image from FPCMS for 2021 FORD Mustang Mach-E"}

Super curious -- how did you figure out what APIs Ford has and how they work? Would love to do some tinkering myself.

Thanks for sharing your all your great work with the community!!

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag

06092253-1865-4D21-BBA4-EB00B7BBFC7C.jpeg
Do you see an image if you sign in to ford.com website at the vehicle dashboard? For me it took about 6 month (and a call to the fordpass service crew) to have it appear there. Technical details: the site/API was trying to fetch the image from the US server,. but I am from Europe so that did not pan out. So, an (manual) error was made when the car was registered at purchase /registration at the Ford backend that caused it and needs to be repaired.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you see an image if you sign in to ford.com website at the vehicle dashboard? For me it took about 6 month (and a call to the fordpass service crew) to have it appear there. Technical details: the site/API was trying to fetch the image from the US server,. but I am from Europe so that did not pan out. So, an (manual) error was made when the car was registered at purchase /registration at the Ford backend that caused it and needs to be repaired.
Nope, doesn’t appear on the app or on Ford site, never has for me. I can see it try to fetch the image URL but the URL returns an error on the website. I reached out to @Ford Motor Company but they didn’t respond.

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
Nope, doesn’t appear on the app or on Ford site, never has for me. I can see it try to fetch the image URL but the URL returns an error on the website. I reached out to @Ford Motor Company but they didn’t respond.
I had to call fordpass support for this. The ticket needed to be escalated in order to get it to work. Good luck!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Amazing work here, @tonesto7 !

I was playing with the widget and also encountered the missing vehicle image issue. I should have read the end of this thread before trying to guess my way through possible web service call issues.

JSON response {"message":"Cannot find an image from FPCMS for 2021 FORD Mustang Mach-E"}

Super curious -- how did you figure out what APIs Ford has and how they work? Would love to do some tinkering myself.

Thanks for sharing your all your great work with the community!!
That’s the response I’ve always got for my
Vehicle image for the FordPass website since September.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had to call fordpass support for this. The ticket needed to be escalated in order to get it to work. Good luck!
Thanks, Hopefully they don’t try to get me to do a lot of unnecessary troubleshooting on my end since it’s with their servers and I can prove it.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Thanks, Hopefully they don’t try to get me to do a lot of unnecessary troubleshooting on my end since it’s with their servers and I can prove it.
Good luck getting ahold of someone technically knowledgeable enough to understand what you’re trying to tell them and the information you’re trying to share with them ?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good luck getting ahold of someone technically knowledgeable enough to understand what you’re trying to tell them and the information you’re trying to share with them ?
That’s my dread. “Ok I need you to do a vehicle master reset”

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just don't let them talk you into resetting PaaK if you don't have your fob with you.
Yeah I won’t be resetting anything, it’s clearly not a vehicle issue. Same thing happens on every instance. Even with my wife’s separate account, no vehicle photos and I can literally see where the error is happening.

I know it’s their job but I do probably come off a little frustrated when I have to talk to any level 1 support especially my ISP and convince them for the 5th time it’s not my equipment and you can replace the outside box 10 times and the issue will still be there.
Sponsored