Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know this thread is about the FordPass Widget, however I would like to ask tonesto7 about FordPass shortcuts which is kind of similar.

Below are two of my home screens (have not updated the photo to Mach-E GT yet). I have more shortcuts that aren't shown here (Where is my Mach-E, Is my Mach-E Locked?, Is my Mach-E On?). The same shortcuts are on my watch. Even though I do have these shortcut home screens, I Siri 99% of the time to execute them so I don't have to take the phone out of my pocket. All the shortcuts work perfect and give accurate info on the Mach-E including Range, Battery Level, tire pressure, etc.

Earlier this summer, I tried to create a shortcut to open the lift gate (and more recently the frunk) now that these buttons are on the FordPass app but have not been able to figure it out. Was wondering if you would be able to look into creating a shortcut for these when you have time. I have talked with several other members but none of us came up with anything. I can supply you with any of the Status or Settings info on my car you may need. Thanks, Mark

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Scriptable FordPass Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) IMG_6306

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Scriptable FordPass Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) IMG_6305

Last edited:

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Scriptable FordPass Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) BF8C6384-BC31-4364-80E9-F8ACB5CB44EF

super cool! I hope we can get an accurate “fuel” gauge soon! I need to fill up my tires!

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Software Developer/System Admin
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Scriptable FordPass Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) BF8C6384-BC31-4364-80E9-F8ACB5CB44EF

super cool! I hope we can get an accurate “fuel” gauge soon! I need to fill up my tires!
I just PM'd someone to get the data from their car... I should be able to get the fuel gauge working with EV in about an hour.

I suspect tomorrow at the latest.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Any plan on getting this to work on Android platform? Just curious...

As far as trying it - I'm in IT but clueless on 'app' or 'widget' programming stuff. When I click on the provided link:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tonesto7/fordpass-scriptable/main/Fordpass Widget.js

I just get a page of text. Not sure what to do with it. I have an iPad so I'd be happy to try/test/help but am way out of my element.

Some better 'How To install/test this' would be nice for us clueless folks :^)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

As far as trying it - I'm in IT but clueless on 'app' or 'widget' programming stuff. When I click on the provided link:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tonesto7/fordpass-scriptable/main/Fordpass Widget.js

I just get a page of text. Not sure what to do with it. I have an iPad so I'd be happy to try/test/help but am way out of my element.

He has instructions posted here:

https://github.com/tonesto7/fordpass-scriptable

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Country flag

There is no version of Scriptable for Android (Sorry)

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Working great on my end, and looking forward to updates on battery level! Being able to see this info (locked/unlocked, etc) should be basic functionality of FordPass.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Has anyone updated to iOS 15.2, besides me? I'm not getting the car selection and I've not found a way to go back in Scriptable to change my log-in details for Fordpass.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Country flag

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I haven't looked into this widget but I once made a Python app that reads the FordPass data, the result is a JSON record that contains the following fields that you probably want to use to update the widget for the MME.

# 'chargingStatus' is one of
# 'NotReady', 'ChargingAC', 'ChargeTargetReached', 'ChargeStartCommanded', 'ChargeStopCommanded'
'chargingStatus': {'value': 'NotReady', 'status': 'CURRENT', 'timestamp': '12-13-2021 23:49:29'}

# 'plugStatus': 0 - Not plugged in, 1 - Plugged in
'plugStatus': {'value': 0, 'status': 'CURRENT', 'timestamp': '12-13-2021 23:49:29'}

# DTE (distance to empty/GOM) in km
'elVehDTE': {'value': 164.900009, 'status': 'CURRENT', 'timestamp': '12-13-2021 23:49:29'}

# Battery fill level (SOC)
'batteryFillLevel': {'value': 55.5, 'status': 'CURRENT', 'timestamp': '12-13-2021 23:49:29'}

The F150 widget fuel gauge likely uses the 'fuel' entry, this is not defined in the MME results so shouldn't be used. The MME 'oil' field returns results for 'oilLife' and 'oilLifeActual' but mine are still at GOOD/100% so don't know if they will ever be useful.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Country flag
I haven't looked into this widget but I once made a Python app that reads the FordPass data, the result is a JSON record that contains the following fields that you probably want to use to update the widget for the MME.

# 'chargingStatus' is one of
# 'NotReady', 'ChargingAC', 'ChargeTargetReached', 'ChargeStartCommanded', 'ChargeStopCommanded'
'chargingStatus': {'value': 'NotReady', 'status': 'CURRENT', 'timestamp': '12-13-2021 23:49:29'}

# 'plugStatus': 0 - Not plugged in, 1 - Plugged in
'plugStatus': {'value': 0, 'status': 'CURRENT', 'timestamp': '12-13-2021 23:49:29'}

# DTE (distance to empty/GOM) in km
'elVehDTE': {'value': 164.900009, 'status': 'CURRENT', 'timestamp': '12-13-2021 23:49:29'}

# Battery fill level (SOC)
'batteryFillLevel': {'value': 55.5, 'status': 'CURRENT', 'timestamp': '12-13-2021 23:49:29'}

The F150 widget fuel gauge likely uses the 'fuel' entry, this is not defined in the MME results so shouldn't be used. The MME 'oil' field returns results for 'oilLife' and 'oilLifeActual' but mine are still at GOOD/100% so don't know if they will ever be useful.
Thanks for the info.
Oil life is basically irrelevant with EV's right? I ask because I have limited space in the widget and if I need to put charging status and plug status I would like to eliminate oil if it's not useful
Sponsored