hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Anyone else seeing a large increase in phone battery usage with this new FordPass update? iPhone 11. And I did reboot the phone.

4DE55F09-5B48-4421-A005-4B756E65AE54.jpeg
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
You're on top of it and smoken today ;)
It’s early. The most probable reason is that there is zero priority given to this. Despite Mr. Farley’s various comments on job 1 remote frunk releases, that impetus may not have reached the ranks of employees actually tasked with making a job 1 remote release happen. Given the ever diverging software situation with mme’s, I doubt it’s ever going to be a priority. Or perhaps there are more serious issues preventing this from happening that we’re not aware of. If it’s that’s the case, just tell us so that we can all move on.

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
if you have Apple mine is showing it fact it turned it on. Maybe reboot your phone. I had to do that to get the new icon to stay on.
I force stopped the app, cleared cache, re-installed and its still not showing. Oddly enough I still get some alerts

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It’s early. The most probable reason is that there is zero priority given to this. Despite Mr. Farley’s various comments on job 1 remote frunk releases, that impetus may not have reached the ranks of employees actually tasked with making a job 1 remote release happen. Given the ever diverging software situation with mme’s, I doubt it’s ever going to be a priority. Or perhaps there are more serious issues preventing this from happening that we’re not aware of. If it’s that’s the case, just tell us so that we can all move on.
And deprive me of the only thing that gives my life meaning (whining about the lack of a remote frunk release)? You are cold, cruel, and heartless if you want to steal away my sole source of joy so cavalierly 😀😀😀😀

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have a problem around here we tell Wally. Wally tells everyone else then no more problem. ;)

I see bug lists like NVidia for these as the tech progress and takes over this business. Whole lot better than frustrating your costumers leaving them trying to get something to work that does not. All tech has problems it is not a big deal. We could then all start complaining about how long it has been on the bug list. At least you know it is on a list of maybe to does.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
SecuriAlert has disappeared for me as well. The safety and security tab is completely gone with this update.

Also, I noticed there is a hidden subscription on my connected services for "Guard Mode".
Could be them moving that into a subscription?
Ford Mustang Mach-E 📲 FordPass App 4.25.0 released w/ Charge Rate Indicator! 4DE55F09-5B48-4421-A005-4B756E65AE54
Likewise, it is gone. I was not even getting push notification alerts with it for almost a year now, it would just show notifications in the message center when the doors were opened, but it didn't even capture all events.

It still appears to be working in that manner - I can see when my door was opened this morning leaving to work, but not when I arrived at work. Maybe this is the intended use? If the car is on, it won't give you alerts as that means it is authorized?

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Anyone else seeing a large increase in phone battery usage with this new FordPass update? iPhone 11. And I did reboot the phone.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 📲 FordPass App 4.25.0 released w/ Charge Rate Indicator! 4DE55F09-5B48-4421-A005-4B756E65AE54
I am currently at 9%. Which is top on my list. I don't recall it making the top in the past.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
New Dark logo & charge rate info. Who tried it yet? Hopefully it includes charge speed!
Now if only they can make this kind of basic info available to the driver on the in car dash display as well, that would certainly be a step in the right direction. 👍

I'm kind of baffled as to why Ford chose to give the user the minimum possible amount of data.

Live regen and motor energy consumption is another example of basic data that (should) be displayed to the driver, but isn't.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
SecuriAlert has disappeared for me as well. The safety and security tab is completely gone with this update.

Also, I noticed there is a hidden subscription on my connected services for "Guard Mode".
Could be them moving that into a subscription?
Guard mode was the original name for Securialert, so it’s a good bet they are moving it to a subscription.

Bikespace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER 4x
Country flag
Yesss to charge rate indicator!

I wish they would break it out one step further to show rate requested by vehicle and rate currently delivered by charger. Maybe not as useful for L2, but when I'm going slower than expected at EA, would be nice if the car showed an independent reading of the kW its requesting.
An OBD II reader can do this, and show the battery temperature.

It's 2023, and I need an OBD II reader to see basic info about my car. My car that has an app on my phone, and a massive display inside with YouTube for while you are charging at 70 kW at a 150 kW charger. Pathetic. But charge rate is a nice first step.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I force stopped the app, cleared cache, re-installed and its still not showing. Oddly enough I still get some alerts
did you do a hard reboot of the apple device push volume up then volume down then hold power off button continue to hold the power off until you get the Apple logo then release. That is the best way to clear any problem. That is how I got mine to work.

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
did you do a hard reboot of the apple device push volume up then volume down then hold power off button continue to hold the power off until you get the Apple logo then release. That is the best way to clear any problem. That is how I got mine to work.
Im on android

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
An OBD II reader can do this, and show the battery temperature.

It's 2023, and I need an OBD II reader to see basic info about my car. My car that has an app on my phone, and a massive display inside with YouTube for while you are charging at 70 kW at a 150 kW charger. Pathetic. But charge rate is a nice first step.
If I had to guess, Ford made a design decision to make the EV charging experience as simple as possible for first time EV owners.

Since the window sticker says 150kW charging max speed, they would get even more complaints if the display in the car shows "46kW requested from DCFC station".

They made a choice to wrap different providers in the "Blue Oval Network", and provide the "time until 80%" on the display as a way to coach people towards that number as the stopping point for DCFC. Adding more numbers to the display would require more explanation as to what's going on.
Sponsored