MG-MACHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E premium
Country flag
Just submitted my data. I will be taking my car in tomorrow for the high voltage to be replaced for the second time. Oh joy.
Can you share what went wrong both times and what was exactly fixed? thanks
Sponsored

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
BTW @DevSecOps, I didn't see it listed in the submission form but "Corporate Assist" is listed on the map. Technically, I had corporate assist I suppose because the Field Service Tech had to tell my dealer to order and replace the hardware. Without that, my dealer was just clearing the software and sending me on my way.

JCDub

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Thought I’d share my experience. Thanks to this forum I went through the dreaded HVBJB replacement with relative ease.
I have a 12/21 build date.

9/27/22: SVS @ 9,650 miles after a few rapid accelerations.
I incorrectly assumed it was related to 10k service and continued to DD for another 100 miles. Up until this point I was only aware and in fear of getting the SVN warning.
After doing some homework in this forum I quickly learned it was a much bigger issue.

9/30/22: Diagnosed at dealership. I was informed the HVBJB replacement wasn’t in stock, had no production date and no delivery date. Although I was now aware to call Ford directly and start a claim, the lone EV Mechanic made a point to have my service rep advise me of the same. Originally was offered rental reimbursement @ “about $90 per day.” Convinced them to provide a loaner. Ford reimbursing all fuel costs.

10/13/22: HVBJB arrived at dealership. Informed that it would be about a week before the lone EV mechanic would get to me.

10/21/22: Service completed. 👍🏽 3 weeks start to finish.

Again, thanks to all the members here that provide so much useful info. You enabled me to take things in stride with no surprises.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Contribute to the map:

If you have data to add to this map please help and fill out this form. No personal information or VINs are collected. Forum username is to ensure I don't have duplicates and you aren't some Tesla troll. Or you could just post in this thread with your dealer and time of repair as an alternative.
my replacement is complete.... 10 days from DTC verification to replacement complete. First one in New Mexico! I entered form data, so it should show up on the map soon.

@DevSecOps .... I filled out the form a couple days ago, but am not seeing my data on your map yet. Is this something that should happen automatically, or does it take a manual nudge from your side?

...I just wanted to add the one and only Dealership in NM that I known has done at least a HVBJB successfully, and is ready to do more now that they know the process....

Last edited:

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo XC60 T6; 57 Thunderbird
Country flag
Got my first Service Vehicle Soon error a month ago, it cleared itself and we went on vacation, got back and then the error reappeared. Just was able to get the car into the dealer to check it all out, we need to replace the High Voltage Junction box, ETA on the part- Backordered. No ETA. So, with a car that will brick at some point, according to the tech, it will happen you just dont know when....My thought is to run the car till it stops, call ford tell them where my car is at and they can have it back..LOL

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Got my first Service Vehicle Soon error a month ago, it cleared itself and we went on vacation, got back and then the error reappeared. Just was able to get the car into the dealer to check it all out, we need to replace the High Voltage Junction box, ETA on the part- Backordered. No ETA. So, with a car that will brick at some point, according to the tech, it will happen you just dont know when....My thought is to run the car till it stops, call ford tell them where my car is at and they can have it back..LOL
the part will never be delivered unless the Dealership orders via their 'COPIS' process. If they don't know what that is, go to another Dealer.

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the part will never be delivered unless the Dealership orders via their 'COPIS' process. If they don't know what that is, go to another Dealer.
Yup, that’s what they did. No ETA on the part from Ford.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Just picked up my car. Submitted my form. 1 day to diagnose. 9 more days to get the part. 31 more days to have an open appointment. 4 more days to fix. 3 more days for me to be able to pick up (weekends and working). Total 48 days total. I was always able to continue driving, just less fun. But on hard press on the go pedal and ….ITS BACK.😁 🚀

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup, that’s what they did. No ETA on the part from Ford.
The dealer has the car, I left it with them, I had already put 200 miles on the car with the SVS error. They were able to put me into a rental, $35/day according to Ford, the service folks at the dealership made it sound like I will be in this car for a while....I sure hope they are wrong here as the rental isnt quite making up for this inconvenience and unknown time to repair or get it back. I hope things arent as bad as they are being painted

HSVMWCS

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I believe I am the one in Huntsville AL.

I thought my car had an HVBJB issue, but it did not. After 77 days of repair, my battery issues were finally fixed with new packs and thermal paste installed.

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
22 GTPE
Diagnosed 11/1
Shawnee Mission Ford - Kansas

Info from dealer:
Thought they could get the part by yesterday or today. Said it’s a 6 hour install. Would get it scheduled as soon as the part comes in.

I'm hopeful they can get it this week. They did get me set up with a hertz ford explorer rental so I’m not really complaining if it takes longer than anticipated.

really don’t like the engine and transmission in this explorer. It’s a limited trim level but it’s high revving and searching for gears all the time. Not very smooth at all.

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Part was received by the dealership on 11/18; Tech is off this week so will begin the work on Monday the 28th, the hope is to have it back by the 30th but we will not hold our breathe under the current conditions.

MsPrtyGrnEyes

First Name
Afrika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-e
Country flag
Preface:

I decided to create an interactive map due to the number of posts about time to repair and also the number of DM's I get from people asking where they should take their car for repair.

Data collection:

The data that was used to make this map was from my DMs with people. I started collecting dealer information about 45 days ago. All SSN and SVS data before that I do not have dealer information for. If you see your dealership in grey, I probably added you but you never told me "it's done" so I had no way to calculate the time of repair. No public posts are included and of course there's a lot more dealerships that have done these repairs. Again, this is just those who reached out to me directly. Please help contribute data.

Contribute to the map:

If you have data to add to this map please help and fill out this form. No personal information or VINs are collected. Forum username is to ensure I don't have duplicates and you aren't some Tesla troll. Or you could just post in this thread with your dealer and time of repair as an alternative.

How to see the map:

Click on the map image below or click here:

View attachment 79422
I'll come back to this once my car is fixed. Currently at 4 weeks and still waiting on parts. Mind you this is my only car.