theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo XC60 T6; 57 Thunderbird
Country flag
Part was received by the dealership on 11/18; Tech is off this week so will begin the work on Monday the 28th, the hope is to have it back by the 30th but we will not hold our breathe under the current conditions.
The dealer received the wrong part. So its back to square one with ordering the part and hopefully, according to the dealer, Ford will send us the correct part. They have had the car since 10/31. Besides Ford picking up the cost for this crappy Ford Edge, they have yet to really step up to offer anything at all for this inconvenience. No mention of Gas reimbursement, no mention that they feel bad that I am in the Options plan and paying towards a vehicle which has now been in the shop for 1 out of the 36months of my plan. Going into month two now, am I crazy here for feeling like I am losing value because I cannot use this car? Beginning to become really disappointed in Ford, I hope things turn around. -thanks for letting me rant a bit.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
The dealer received the wrong part. So its back to square one with ordering the part and hopefully, according to the dealer, Ford will send us the correct part. They have had the car since 10/31. Besides Ford picking up the cost for this crappy Ford Edge, they have yet to really step up to offer anything at all for this inconvenience. No mention of Gas reimbursement, no mention that they feel bad that I am in the Options plan and paying towards a vehicle which has now been in the shop for 1 out of the 36months of my plan. Going into month two now, am I crazy here for feeling like I am losing value because I cannot use this car? Beginning to become really disappointed in Ford, I hope things turn around. -thanks for letting me rant a bit.
Do you have a BEV case open? You'll rarely find in life things being offered to you without asking. If you don't shake them down, they'll just assume they can save a few bucks.

Tell your service advisor you want your gas reimbursed, should be easy for them to do. If not, tell your BEV case manager. Then tell your BEV case manager you also want at least one month's of car payments covered. Tell them, don't ask.

For your car, how did the dealer get the wrong part...? Did they actually receive the wrong part or order the wrong part?

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo XC60 T6; 57 Thunderbird
Country flag
Do you have a BEV case open? You'll rarely find in life things being offered to you without asking. If you don't shake them down, they'll just assume they can save a few bucks.

Tell your service advisor you want your gas reimbursed, should be easy for them to do. If not, tell your BEV case manager. Then tell your BEV case manager you also want at least one month's of car payments covered. Tell them, don't ask.

For your car, how did the dealer get the wrong part...? Did they actually receive the wrong part or order the wrong part?
Thanks, finally I have a BEV Case agent that contacted me, happy to see that progress. I did let them know that I expect to have Ford own their mistake and make that right, would love for that to be in the form of payment relief for one month. I told him that my expectation going into this was about a 30 day process, the fact that we could have had this completed in under that would have been great but it was Ford that put the wrong part in the correct parts box so when it arrived at the dealer the box was showing the correct part, it wasnt till the car was taken apart and tried to install the HVJB when they found that it is the wrong HVJB. Unfortunetly, I cannot get Ford to commit to anything till the car is repaired, well anything but gas reimbursement.

KadeBR

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 RR Explorer ST, 2021 RR GTPE
Occupation
CDL Hazmat
Country flag
Hopefully mine doesn't take to long didn't take them more than half a day to diagnose but one week forward and no ETA from bev team and dealer says the part is backordered and to check back in a week or two.

Kennykustom

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium awd lr
Country flag
Mine went in monday for replacement. Dealer emailed yesterday, saying they got the wrong part as well. They will not put it back together, and are estimating a month till i get it back.

Gil McC

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Shelby GT500, 20Infinity G37X, 2021 MME GT PE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm taking my '21 GTPE in Wednesday 12-28-22 to Landmark Ford. We got the Powertrain Malfunction & High-Voltage Battery Warning notifications on the App, made it home without any other problems and parked it in our garage. I am going to try and drive it to the dealer. Wish me luck. Got the appointment last week on the 22nd, so it's been sitting since then. Also the app now shows no notifications and Vehicle Status: NO ALERTS, go figure...

Got the car back CND - could not duplicate the problem. They could see the codes in the history file but the car checked good, they cleared the codes, did a check ride and all is well. I drove the car home - no problem. Why do I now feel like we are driving on borrowed time?

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I'm taking my '21 GTPE in Wednesday 12-28-22 to Landmark Ford. We got the Powertrain Malfunction & High-Voltage Battery Warning notifications on the App, made it home without any other problems and parked it in our garage. I am going to try and drive it to the dealer. Wish me luck. Got the appointment last week on the 22nd, so it's been sitting since then. Also the app now shows no notifications and Vehicle Status: NO ALERTS, go figure...
Do you have your power limited? Half your power bar filled with gray bars or does it drive normal?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

if you got a 'Service Vehicle Soon' Alert, you are *probably* fine to continue driving until you can get in to Dealership for FDRS code verification. the Alert will limit out output to about 125kW, which feels a bit slow but prevents further damage or catastrophic failure in most cases. That was the purpose of the 'recall' software.

I would say... go ahead, drive while you wait for parts (if Dealer verified codes indicating HVBJB replacement needed)... but have tow company number in your phone just in case.

Last edited:

Gil McC

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Shelby GT500, 20Infinity G37X, 2021 MME GT PE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do you have your power limited? Half your power bar filled with gray bars or does it drive normal?
I didn't have limited power indications, and the car drove normally. Maybe we missed a bullet, but now I feel like we have a GPS guided bomb heading towards us!

skuker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Extended
Country flag
Anyone in NJ I highly recommend All American in Old Bridge they stock the part it took them two days to get my car back to me.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Anyone know if the map is still being maintained?

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Well, I got my HVB and Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced power error today. I guess Ill be adding a dot to the map (San Diego) soon. Will start calling the dealers tomorrow for an appointment. Does anyone have the BEV phone number to get in their system? Thanks.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
For my third HVBJB replacement, I went to a different dealer and I was very impressed with the EV tech and the staff.

Newberg Ford (Newberg, Oregon) got the car done in 9 days, and they would have had it done even faster since a few days were for the field engineer coming out to see the car and the EV tech had another big project van in the shop as well. This was their second HVBJB replacement so I think it might even speed up in the future as the EV tech gains a few more under his belt.

If you're interested my thread documenting everything is located here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-updated-part-hvbjb.24749/page-14#post-581234
Sponsored