heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I will wait to add mine until they are done with the second HVBJB replacement, but Landmark Ford took 10 days in May to do my first replacement and i am currently waiting on my second replacement now with them. It took under 14 days to get the part in from Ford, but it is taking more than 14 days to get the car back into the shop to actually have a tech install the new HVBJB. So we will be over 30 days for the second replacement.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I will wait to add mine until they are done with the second HVBJB replacement, but Landmark Ford took 10 days in May to do my first replacement and i am currently waiting on my second replacement now with them. It took under 14 days to get the part in from Ford, but it is taking more than 14 days to get the car back into the shop to actually have a tech install the new HVBJB.
Thanks, let me know how long for the second once it's done and I'll note both repairs on the map.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

FairfieldCT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE (Mach Drop)
Country flag
I may be missing something so asking the experts...

I only got the letter from Ford indicating the OTA fix - which I received shortly after. But is everyone replacing the actual contacts based on that same recall or was there a different one? My VIN shows no pending recalls....

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I may be missing something so asking the experts...

I only got the letter from Ford indicating the OTA fix - which I received shortly after. But is everyone replacing the actual contacts based on that same recall or was there a different one? My VIN shows no pending recalls....
The recall is an attempted (but failed) resolution by Ford to correct the HVBJB welding issue. Many people go on to still have failure and for some it's not as bad because they are warned ahead of failure. The recall doesn't "fix" anything.

The stories of people having failure are normally, now, after the recall is applied. If you have the recall you "might" be warned ahead of failure should your car succumb to this problem.

This map is just a visual representation of some of the known replacements, which dealerships did those replacements, comments from members and how long those replacements took.

To specifically answer your question - There is no official recall for replacement of the HVBJB as of today. They are being replaced as they fail. The OTA is the only recall for the HVBJB, therefore based on your post, you have the recall applied.

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Preface:

I decided to create an interactive map due to the number of posts about time to repair and also the number of DM's I get from people asking where they should take their car for repair.

Data collection:

The data that was used to make this map was from my DMs with people. I started collecting dealer information about 45 days ago. All SSN and SVS data before that I do not have dealer information for. If you see your dealership in grey, I probably added you but you never told me "it's done" so I had no way to calculate the time of repair. No public posts are included and of course there's a lot more dealerships that have done these repairs. Again, this is just those who reached out to me directly. Please help contribute data.

Contribute to the map:

If you have data to add to this map please help and fill out this form. No personal information or VINs are collected. Forum username is to ensure I don't have duplicates and you aren't some Tesla troll. Or you could just post in this thread with your dealer and time of repair as an alternative.

How to see the map:

Click on the map image below or click here:

View attachment 79422
Very cool! Thanks! And I’m sort of relieved to see only one dealer reported in the tri-state area (no offense to my friends in DE, but I don’t count way southern DE), and that dealer earned a Green pin 🙂

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Very cool! Thanks! And I’m sort of relieved to see only one dealer reported in the tri-state area (no offense to my friends in DE, but I don’t count way southern DE), and that dealer earned a Green pin 🙂
Funny, my tri-state area is NY, NJ and Ct

nothing in Ny metro area yet.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I will wait to add mine until they are done with the second HVBJB replacement, but Landmark Ford took 10 days in May to do my first replacement and i am currently waiting on my second replacement now with them. It took under 14 days to get the part in from Ford, but it is taking more than 14 days to get the car back into the shop to actually have a tech install the new HVBJB. So we will be over 30 days for the second replacement.
Excuse me - did you say SECOND HVBJB replacement? 😲
What is going on here?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Funny, my tri-state area is NY, NJ and Ct

nothing in Ny metro area yet.
Oh - that’s the other tri-state area. We don’t talk about them 😀😀😀
The proper tri-state area is, of course, PA-NJ-DE 😀

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
@Jimrpa and @kennethjk at least you have a real tri-state area. In California our tri-state is just the divides based on gang regions, SoCal, Central and NorCal. 😂

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@Jimrpa and @kennethjk at least you have a real tri-state area. In California our tri-state is just the divides based on gang regions, SoCal, Central and NorCal. 😂
But YOU have a desert! I’m jealous! All we have is … New Jersey 🤮😀😀😀
Sponsored