OP
OP

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
[QUOTE
Gas is creeping back up to $3/gal, so let's assume by the time everyone starts really road tripping that's where it will be. So the cost per mile for ICE comes to:
@ 25mpg: $.12 per mile
@ 30 mpg: $.10 per mile
@ 40 mpg: $.075 per mile

Assuming you road trip with the EA pass+ rate (either ford fixes P&C or you manually initiate with EA pass app), the MME will cost the following per mile (depending on what the warm weather efficiency turns out to be):
@ 2.7 mi/kwh: $.115 per mile
@ 3 mi/kwh: $.103 per mile
@ 3.5 mi/kwh: $.09 per mile

That seems close enough to parity for the road tripping cost to be even; the cost difference on a thousand mile trip would at worst be $15.
="timbop, post: 120852, member: 506"]
Gas is creeping back up to $3/gal, so let's assume by the time everyone starts really road tripping that's where it will be. So the cost per mile for ICE comes to:

Assuming you road trip with the EA pass+ rate (either ford fixes P&C or you manually initiate with EA pass app), the MME will cost the following per mile (depending on what the warm weather efficiency turns out to be):

That seems close enough to parity for the road tripping cost to be even; the cost difference on a thousand mile trip would at worst be $15.
[/QUOTE]

I am currently road tripping on a 3200 round trip. My costs are dramatically less than gas. My fill up at worst is 38 mi utes and $19.99. That was at 17%. My average fill up is 15 minutes and $10. I am from Cali where gas is $3..49 a gallon.

I figured out last night that I was over $100 less and I have only gone 750 miles so far. I have the plan plus which is 0.31 in California/Arizona and New Mexico. Texas is 0.24

Ok I just did 42 to 80. And it was 12.82

That was at 81 MPH and temp as low as 38
Sponsored

Last edited:

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag

I'm coming from my Fusion Hybrid and level around that 43mpg range. 10 gallons a fill up, and prices in Maryland (Costco) are in that $2.50 range right now.

So figure, at 430 miles, I can fill up for $25

Mach E, same miles is looking to be $40+ (+time)

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Just for reference about why I'm discussing costs. I track every fuel up, ever. Here are my stats for the past two years:

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Ongoing Trip Journal: Driving Mach-E From Bakersfield, California to Houston, Texas mpg snapshot.PNG

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Just for reference about why I'm discussing costs. I track every fuel up, ever. Here are my stats for the past two years:

mpg snapshot.PNG
Thats great that you are tracking all your fuel ups. Needs lot of diligence and patience ?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Its already more expensive than getting Gas... couldn't imagine having to rely on public chargers for electric top offs.
I stopped for a quick charge Saturday night on a 315 mile trip. I was there 30 minutes, went from 12% to 50%. Paid $3. This charger was charging $0.09/kwh.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Per minute can be great! It can also suck really bad. Its all on how quick you can charge.

36kw charging.... 38kwh delivered
Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Ongoing Trip Journal: Driving Mach-E From Bakersfield, California to Houston, Texas Screenshot_20210301-153229_Electrify America

108kw charging. (note this station was listed on the app as 50kw, and so its only charged me $0.16/minute. But even at $0.32/min it would have been under $5.
Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Ongoing Trip Journal: Driving Mach-E From Bakersfield, California to Houston, Texas Screenshot_20210301-153542_Electrify America

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yea, my only prior experience with per minute was on a EA level 2 charger that should have been 6 kwh but ended up only charging at a 3 kwh rate, so about as bad as it gets. They fixed the charger about a month later.

Per minute can be great! It can also suck really bad. Its all on how quick you can charge.

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Ongoing Trip Journal: Driving Mach-E From Bakersfield, California to Houston, Texas Screenshot_20210301-153542_Electrify America

108kw charging. (note this station was listed on the app as 50kw, and so its only charged me $0.16/minute. But even at $0.32/min it would have been under $5.

OP
OP

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag

Makes sense

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Thats great that you are tracking all your fuel ups. Needs lot of diligence and patience ?
I've done it for about 12 years now. To be fair I started tracking it for travel reasons for work. Now I just do it out of habit.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Its already more expensive than getting Gas... couldn't imagine having to rely on public chargers for electric top offs.
I think it may be close but not more....

the Mach E going a speeds can do 3.0 miles per-kWh or 8kWh per-24miles
And I don’t know how much ICE SUV can do 24MPG but let’s just used that..

0.31 x 8kWh cost $2.48c

1 gl gas = $x.xx in your area .. I know in mine it’s over $3 ..premium

so even at 31c per-kWh electric cost less and the driving experience is much better too.. you got to think of the Mach E as using premium fuel ICE equivalent ..

Last edited:

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

I don’t get the 30 or 40mpg in your post are you saying ICE SUV driving at speeds get that crazy high fuel efficiency .. remember you have to compare a vehicle of equal size and type.. can’t be premium SUV vs 4cly compact car ? lol ..i think 24MPG is about right for a ICE equivalent SUV no?
Sponsored

Last edited: