eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Midnight tomorrow we start the roughly 1600 mile road trip. According to navigation there are 7-9 charging g stops and 32 hours of driving. We are doing it in two days. We think Las Cruces New Mexico should be half way. Elevation plays a big part of battery length. Maximizing speed wise like going slows up hill and faster downhill will keep time equal but will also maximize charging. We have two major uphill drives. Tejon pass at 4400 and the are past Palm Springs where you go uphill heading towards arizona.

I will post each leg in terms of distance and charge time. Goal is to use EA and ChargePoint only as they are part of the Ford Pass network
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Dude, that’s 16 hours of driving a day excluding recharging snd presuming every bio break occurred during a charge session. Are you sure you want to punish yourself like that?

Or were you including the charge time in your estimated time enroute?

OP
OP

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Dude, that’s 16 hours of driving a day excluding recharging snd presuming every bio break occurred during a charge session. Are you sure you want to punish yourself like that?

Or were you including the charge time in your estimated time enroute?
Charging time is included. The time factor is off of the ford pass navigation. I have no idea what the speed nor the mileage factors are based on. It will be interesting. In my 210 round trip drive to LA going over the 4400 foot peak I found that the sweet spot for my FE was 75 MPH. My 100% max charge range has slowly climbed to 242. No where near the 270 range. So far I have 869 miles on my car with a total cost of $66. Gas here is going up. Right now it is $3.29 per gallon. My 2017 fusion sport averaged 20 MPG. as such I have saved roughly about $75 in fuel costs.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Midnight tomorrow we start the roughly 1600 mile road trip. According to navigation there are 7-9 charging g stops and 32 hours of driving. We are doing it in two days. We think Las Cruces New Mexico should be half way. Elevation plays a big part of battery length. Maximizing speed wise like going slows up hill and faster downhill will keep time equal but will also maximize charging. We have two major uphill drives. Tejon pass at 4400 and the are past Palm Springs where you go uphill heading towards arizona.

I will post each leg in terms of distance and charge time. Goal is to use EA and ChargePoint only as they are part of the Ford Pass network
Leaving at midnight? Ok you win. I won’t start my FL trip until a sane hour Sunday morning?

Safe travels.

OP
OP

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Well time pushed back to 3AM. Drove to LA back. 200 miles roughly. Stupid idea. Still charging.
I am taking Chasing Coral’s idea

BRUCE.

Sounds like a name of a 300 pound Rottweiler the size of a small garage. Eats Tesla’s as an appetizer

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Good luck, I've done that drive a few times, can be brutal, but fun. Wishing you good weather for the drive.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Stopped at EVGO for my first ever charge. 45 minutes to get to 80% which would be fine but at 611AM nothing is open
At least the charger seems to be fine. Have safe travels. Will be following your trip closely.

OP
OP

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
At least the charger seems to be fine. Have safe travels. Will be following your trip closely.
Left there and went to EA. Had MASSIVE problems. Talk to EA and 3 chargers later we got it to work and they gave me a free fill up.

Apparently there is/was a communication error with the ford pass plug and play. Once I leave here I am going to turn it off for a while

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Well time pushed back to 3AM. Drove to LA back. 200 miles roughly. Stupid idea. Still charging.
I am taking Chasing Coral’s idea

BRUCE.

Sounds like a name of a 300 pound Rottweiler the size of a small garage. Eats Tesla’s as an appetizer
don't bring us down!

OP
OP

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
don't bring us down!
Actually I learned a lot talking to to EA customer service. They are GREAT.

FYI best thing to do is turn OFF plug and charge. Open the EA app and choose which charger you are going to use at the stop that you are at. Turn the car off. Plug in and it will automatically go through the Ford Pass app. It takes about 15-20 mi utes to charge up to 80%. The worst is when you hit 77%. The charger slows down to about 24. I can deal with it since my fill up was a little over $7.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

FYI best thing to do is turn OFF plug and charge. Open the EA app and choose which charger you are going to use at the stop that you are at. Turn the car off. Plug in and it will automatically go through the Ford Pass app. It takes about 15-20 mi utes to charge up to 80%. The worst is when you hit 77%. The charger slows down to about 24. I can deal with it since my fill up was a little over $7.
sorry it was a song reference ;) it's not really "Bruce" but that's the mondegreen for me here...

(1) don't bring me down lyrics - Bing

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

This should go into a Mach E manual. Good luck on the trip!
Sponsored