First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicles
2017 Escape Titanium, 2018 Legacy Premium, 2018 GSX-R1000R, 2013 CB1100
Country flag
They had 10,000 signatures four months ago and they're only up to 15,600. I'm gonna guess that Ford isn't going to worry too much about the opinions of a few people who had no intention of buying the Mach-E in the first place. Not to mention the expense of changing the name on advertising, literature, patents, and whatever else involved.

OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Whoever started this petition embodies the saying ‘first world problems’ perfectly.

Last edited:

frinesi2

Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Golf TDI, '96/97 ZJ 4.0L, '92 Pajero 2.5TD
Country flag
Hey I think I know that guy 😅

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicles
Mazda RX-8
Country flag
I think we all have our passions that we feel strongly about. Some on this forum certainly do. ;) I think it is fine to exercise that passion, especially if it is in a constructive manner. While I certainly don't think Ford will be paying too much attention to this effort and is correct in focusing at least part of their EV efforts toward an "inspired by Mustang" car and possibly family of cars, I applaud this person for putting their thoughts out there in a thoughtful way.

I think we all discuss a lot of first world problems here and that's not a bad thing. It is what inspires most of us (I think) to improve themselves throughout their lives. 30 years ago, I was hoping to discuss first world problems. Thank God I can do it now. Hopefully that will include a Mach E in my driveway!

cometguy

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
Country flag
the article talks about "going against the flow"; actually, the Mach-E goes against the flow in many ways... "The flow" is ICEVs; going against the flow is BEVs. This is a bold move by Ford, and just as bold as their initial release of the 2-door Mustang back in 1964, if not even much bolder. The Mach-E truly deserves the moniker "Mustang", and I'm glad that Ford had the balls to do so.

Mach Dad

First Name
Jeffrey
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
The creator of that petition actually writes for a website (probably his own) and has put out multiple articles bashing the Mach E. His most recent article about the May 11th order date he states an inside source told him only 10k have actually been reserved. He does his best to take digs about the Mach E.

At lot of car websites have given him publicity for his petition and yet it is still only 15k ish. I check on this sometime last month and it was around the same number.

xXCheXx

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicles
Renualt Zoe
Country flag
Is this really about the name? Or is it just to harm the ELECTRIC vehicle!? 🤔

dbsb3233

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The creator of that petition actually writes for a website (probably his own) and has put out multiple articles bashing the Mach E. His most recent article about the May 11th order date he states an inside source told him only 10k have actually been reserved. He does his best to take digs about the Mach E.

At lot of car websites have given him publicity for his petition and yet it is still only 15k ish. I check on this sometime last month and it was around the same number.
With any luck, his efforts are actually having a net positive effect on the Mach-e rather than net negative.

As for the # of true customer reservations, I'm guessing it's somewhere in between 10k and 50k, by the time the all things are accounted for (I'd guess maybe the high 30's).