Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That’s been out there for a long time, driven by folks who’ve breathed too much carbon monoxide and partially burnt hydrocarbons.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
They had 10,000 signatures four months ago and they're only up to 15,600. I'm gonna guess that Ford isn't going to worry too much about the opinions of a few people who had no intention of buying the Mach-E in the first place. Not to mention the expense of changing the name on advertising, literature, patents, and whatever else involved.

frinesi2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Golf TDI, '96/97 ZJ 4.0L, '92 Pajero 2.5TD
Country flag
Hey I think I know that guy ?

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I think we all have our passions that we feel strongly about. Some on this forum certainly do. ;) I think it is fine to exercise that passion, especially if it is in a constructive manner. While I certainly don't think Ford will be paying too much attention to this effort and is correct in focusing at least part of their EV efforts toward an "inspired by Mustang" car and possibly family of cars, I applaud this person for putting their thoughts out there in a thoughtful way.

I think we all discuss a lot of first world problems here and that's not a bad thing. It is what inspires most of us (I think) to improve themselves throughout their lives. 30 years ago, I was hoping to discuss first world problems. Thank God I can do it now. Hopefully that will include a Mach E in my driveway!

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
Country flag
the article talks about "going against the flow"; actually, the Mach-E goes against the flow in many ways... "The flow" is ICEVs; going against the flow is BEVs. This is a bold move by Ford, and just as bold as their initial release of the 2-door Mustang back in 1964, if not even much bolder. The Mach-E truly deserves the moniker "Mustang", and I'm glad that Ford had the balls to do so.

Mach Dad

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
The creator of that petition actually writes for a website (probably his own) and has put out multiple articles bashing the Mach E. His most recent article about the May 11th order date he states an inside source told him only 10k have actually been reserved. He does his best to take digs about the Mach E.

At lot of car websites have given him publicity for his petition and yet it is still only 15k ish. I check on this sometime last month and it was around the same number.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The creator of that petition actually writes for a website (probably his own) and has put out multiple articles bashing the Mach E. His most recent article about the May 11th order date he states an inside source told him only 10k have actually been reserved. He does his best to take digs about the Mach E.

At lot of car websites have given him publicity for his petition and yet it is still only 15k ish. I check on this sometime last month and it was around the same number.
With any luck, his efforts are actually having a net positive effect on the Mach-e rather than net negative.

As for the # of true customer reservations, I'm guessing it's somewhere in between 10k and 50k, by the time the all things are accounted for (I'd guess maybe the high 30's).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is this really about the name? Or is it just to harm the ELECTRIC vehicle!? ?
Electric, and SUV, from the complaints I've read. About half and half.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ahhh, social media. Everyone has an opinion and everyone else can ignore it or inflate it.
I already have my Mustang Club of America’s stickers ready for my MachE rear window.
Me too.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Thought you guys might be interested in something I posted in the TMC forum. A thread there was started on the Mustang Mach E, so I just posted this yesterday. No reaction yet, but posts like this are not generally greeted with much enthusiasm...and I'm being kind: ;)

Well, I will confess I have a refundable deposit down on a RWD LR Mach E. I actually like the exterior look of the car, even if not as much as my S. However judging by the pictures, I find the Mach E’s interior actually more attractive and upscale looking than my S.

My thought process is I’d be going from a car with what is currently a 235 mile range to one with a projected 300 mile range or more. I’m also hoping for a better built car that is more rattle-free than mine. We had a Ford Fusion PHEV and that car had no rattles and was put together quite well. It’s also bugging me more and more when I get in my wife’s ES300h and hear zero rattles, with a quieter and softer ride. I will say this though, my S has been almost entirely free of problems other than the rattles.

To get a new S at this point will cost me quite a bit more and I’d still likely have the same issue with rattles. I’m not a big fan of the interior of the 3 or Y, so that’s a no go.

We’ll see, since this is all contingent upon me seeing the car in person, sitting in it, and taking a test drive. My feelings might turn on a dime. I know going in the charging network is a different animal with this car, but I think I can make that work as I really don’t have much of a need for it.

I believe it’s short sighted to sell this car short, it will be a big seller IMO. Ford said it would start off with a production of 50,000 and it appears those are all accounted for...at least in terms of reservation holders.
Sponsored