??‍♂️ Really!?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
@Ken7 , do you have a link to the TMC mach-e thread? I'm curious to give it a read. Thanks!
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Last edited:

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Yeah, I'm surprised I haven't gotten any attacks yet. Probably a dead thread that nobody watches.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Yeah, I'm surprised I haven't gotten any attacks yet. Probably a dead thread that nobody watches.
As you say... yet. The idea of the MME being at all competitive against the Y does seem to get up the noses of the odd Tesla Fanboy... I’m sure someone will take a shot at you soon enough. Lol.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
As you say... yet. The idea of the MME being at all competitive against the Y does seem to get up the noses of the odd Tesla Fanboy... I’m sure someone will take a shot at you soon enough. Lol.
It's a bit off topic, but yes, you're 100% correct. The idea that any EV would deign to have comparable specs to a Tesla just drives Tesla fanboys bonkers. It's not too unlike the fossil Mustang fanboys who take the MME's existence as a personal attack on their identity.

In my tight group of five college friends, three of us have Teslas (one has two) and so when I announced that I reserved a Mustang Mach-E, there were some jaws that hit the floor. It's hard for them to accept that any EV might be worth considering if it's not made in Fremont.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thought you guys might be interested in something I posted in the TMC forum. A thread there was started on the Mustang Mach E, so I just posted this yesterday. No reaction yet, but posts like this are not generally greeted with much enthusiasm...and I'm being kind: ;)
Are you looking to be banned like the guy who started the thread? ?

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Yeah, I guess it could happen. But that was my only post in that thread as opposed to a myriad of posts by the other guy. ;)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Whoever started this petition embodies the saying ‘first world problems’ perfectly.
They will soon change their tune when ALL countries ban ICE vehicles. Those of us who took the bold decision to purchase the new pony on the block from the onset despite the criticisms' will have the last laugh

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They will soon change their tune when ALL countries ban ICE vehicles. Those of us who took the bold decision to purchase the new pony on the block from the onset despite the criticisms' will have the last laugh
I really don't see that happening in all countries in our lifetimes. Some, perhaps (for passenger cars). Especially those that are smaller and mostly landlocked, where one full charge pretty much gets you as far as you can go anyway.

I certainly expect a push for more BEVs in many countries though. But 100% would be impractical, simply because there are real limitations to BEVs, and there's times it just makes sense to use an ICE or PHEV.

micstriit

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq electric, Renault Twizy
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I first considered to start a partition to confidence Ford only to build black cars. Only a black Ford is a real Ford, nobody less than Henry Ford said so! But I don't wanna misuse that platform for a joke. Anyway one of the appeals to me of the MME is to be different to shake things up.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I remember when GM considered making Corvette a brand of it's own or rumors floated about it. Even an SUV. People got their panties all in a twist over that.

I wasn't a fan of the Mustang name on this at first but it's grown on me and I understand why.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
This guy probably can not afford the Mach E so bash it. On a serious note I just watched the show Driven on the history channel. It was about reconstructing the 1985 Shelby Pantera that was the mule for the Viper. It was fascinating to watch.
I have had 2 Salem mustangs and several other ones as well. I look at ALL of them as the miles that spawned the Mach E. It took all of the good and made it better. Eventually there will be both a Shelby and Rousch versions. The Mach e is simply the evolution of the ICE Mustang. Nothing more. It had to happen. You have to be nuts to think that it would not happen.

As for this clown he and his petition are irrelevant. The president of the Mustang Club has zero issues with it and that is all that is needed. There are ZERO rules that states that you have to be intelligent to be on the internet. Smart people pick the right battles to fight. Others just look for internet approval of their short sighted views.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I have had 2 Salem mustangs and several other ones as well. I look at ALL of them as the miles that spawned the Mach E.
They are GREAT cars. If I lived in the US, I would be driving one. However, I need an SUV with my family (and giant dog) and I want to go electric. Nothing on the market was doing it for, besides the Model X, which I don’t have the money for, and the Y which I don’t like the look of. Then the MME landed and I turned into a kid at Christmas! You just know Ford is not going to f**k around with this car if it has the Mustang badge on it. It’s going to drive like a beast. The irony here, which the haters are unable to see, is that the MME had to be born in order to continue making V8s! They’re not the most fuel efficient. They would struggle to stay alive, even with a 1.5% emissions roll back... the MME offsets their inefficiency and allows the V8 to live another couple of years... then they need to make way for V8.0 lol
Sponsored

Last edited: