??‍♂️ Really!?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
If you subscribe to Ford Authority you get daily updates on what Ford is doing.
But I think ChasingCoral is asking about the announcement from Ford.
Ford Authority does claim to have heard from "inside sources" but there's still no Ford announcement. In fact, what Ford Authority states is:

"There’s no official word about the Shelby GT350’s discontinuation just yet, but don’t expect it to be on the menu once order banks for the 2021 Mustang open in a few weeks, though the ordering process itself could end up being delayed by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic."
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
But I think ChasingCoral is asking about the announcement from Ford.
Ford Authority does claim to have heard from "inside sources" but there's still no Ford announcement.
Exactly. News stories about the MME have come from lots of sources, including this forum and the other one. Announcements from Ford are an entirely different animal.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Ahhh, social media. Everyone has an opinion and everyone else can ignore it or inflate it.
I already have my Mustang Club of America’s stickers ready for my MachE rear window.
Mustang Club Car of America would probably lose their minds seeing their sticker on a Mach-E! They really don't love it! They are likely the majority of the signatures on that Change.Org petition?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Mustang Club Car of America would probably lose their minds seeing their sticker on a Mach-E! They really don't love it! They are likely the majority of the signatures on that Change.Org petition?
I have my stickers ready too. Which will probably get our cars keyed.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
But they've been getting lots of new members ?

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I have my stickers ready too. Which will probably get our cars keyed.
Vandalism is my biggest fear I have about owning this vehicle. Even more so than range anxiety. Has anyone read anywhere about this vehicle having something similar to Tesla's Sentry Mode? I haven't, but I am hoping I missed it somewhere.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Lots of folks have hypothesized inclusion of this feature but I haven't seen it anywhere in the order guide or the packaging guide.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Vandalism is my biggest fear I have about owning this vehicle. Even more so than range anxiety. Has anyone read anywhere about this vehicle having something similar to Tesla's Sentry Mode? I haven't, but I am hoping I missed it somewhere.
Mine, too. I like the car because of how it looks and what it is, not because it has the Mustang badge on it. That should be a plus, but I am fearful...

jwhamlin244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Country flag
In my opinion, I feel like the MME is more of a mustang than the 4 cyl Ecoboost. "Electric" and Mustang sound great together. Mustang and "affordable" or "ecoboost" do not sound good together.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
How do you explain this clearly irrational behavior? Are those people resentful of Mach-E? Do they feel their gasoline Mustangs lost their prime spot? Are they afraid of the future shifting to EVs? Are they Tesla nuts fearing the competition? ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
How do you explain this clearly irrational behavior? Are those people resentful of Mach-E? Do they feel their gasoline Mustangs lost their prime spot? Are they afraid of the future shifting to EVs? Are they Tesla nuts fearing the competition? ?
lots of questions! taking them in order:
  1. see below
  2. yes (some)
  3. yes (some)
  4. yes (some)
  5. yes (some)

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I've mentioned it before, but I believe this is 100% identity politics in action. Political affiliation in recent years has switched away from actual policy positions (see how many things each of the major parties have 100% flipped on in the last 12 years, and how little anyone on either side cares), and instead to a feeling of tribal identity.

One of the big identities is of cultural victim, where everything about the good old days is being taken away from you. "They" took away the good flushing toilets and good shower heads, "they" took away the good light bulbs, "they" took away cigarettes, and now "they" have come for the last bulwark of masculine good-old-days, the MUSTANG. The anger has nothing to do with the car, and everything to do with the story they are telling.

On a side note, I barely have time for the things I care about, let alone building a whole hobby about hating something else. Who has the time for it? What do they get out of it?
Sponsored