Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
I have a lot of modules but how do you know the amount? Besides literally counting each row...lol...???
I throw it into an excel spreadsheet. Easily tells me how many rows there are.
Sponsored

adam_thedad

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select (Route 1 on Order)
Country flag
Got my estimated delivery date today! Production date is 1/19, estimated delivery is 3/17 to Ca. Rapid Red CA Rt 1, RWD. And I have loads of modules!

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
I have a lot of modules but how do you know the amount? Besides literally counting each row...lol...???
I copy it from the website (not the file) and then paste into Excel where it was quick and easy to figure out how many rows there are.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My order, 134/300 in batch 003565, shows in production on 1/15, the WS was updated at the bottom on 1/13, many modules are populated (all in the first 2 columns and most in all 4 columns), but not yet built and no estimated delivery date.

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
you could copy and paste the text from the website into a text editor, remove the lines that aren't module codes and check the row count you are on.... or I posted a way to run a command in VIM on a Mac to do the count for you.

Some are saying it doesn't really matter how many modules you have it will be different etc., I was just trying to come up with a way to figure out XYZ trim/config has more than mine and is the same as mine, so I must have more modules to come.

JohnnyMachE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Mustang Mach-E SEL
Country flag
My order, 134/300 in batch 003565, shows in production on 1/15, the WS was updated at the bottom on 1/13, many modules are populated (all in the first 2 columns and most in all 4 columns), but not yet built and no estimated delivery date.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/10/22 Build Week Chat/Gang 1642698813504

Im clearly in a batch after you but I now have an estimate of 3/3 on the webpage. The webpage also shows a build date of 1/19 and my WS at the bottom looks like it was last updated 1/17. I know that I didn't have any modules populated till today. I still belive my delivery estimate is a guess.

I guess its possible your car by be getting additional testing? No clue why you wouldn't be updated.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have not been able to get an update since last night. (The page will not let me log in).

My window sticker went up on 1/6 with a date of 1/4.

My GT PE is 51/300 in build group 003565.

My car went into production on the 15th. 1004 modules appeared on the 16th (they were not there on the 15th). Based on cars that are sitting on dealers lots, I think that is all of the modules. Some of the lines are blank on those cars too. (you can look at any car with a vin# on that site and the vin number is posted on the sales page).

I received an ETA for delivery to So Cal of 3/11 on 1/16.

I got (virtual) rims on my (virtual) car on 1/18.

A new seemingly identical window sticker appeared on 1/19 with that date in the bottom. The only difference seems to be the date in the bottom white border.

SnatrapS99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Rt1 RWD DMG named "Tango"
Occupation
I work for SpongeBob.
Country flag
Seems like a bunch of us got some updates this morning.
Got my estimated delivery date today! Production date is 1/19, estimated delivery is 3/17 to Ca. Rapid Red CA Rt 1, RWD. And I have loads of modules!
Same updates for me too! Yesterday, nothing. Today, tons of stuff!

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does anyone know what all these modules actually are???

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/A...x-fTjcbmQuY2-glrvQbWCxDJ9AvRRP98nUv2cZ19kEfoc

You can use that link to track it; modules are essentially chips installed in the vehicle. You can use this tracking to see as it moves past the body and trim phases, it now is going into the actual build stage.
I answered this ask yesterday...it's the computer chips that essentially control all functions of the car. Here's a link if you want to read up on it too.

https://www.mattsautoservicecenter....re having issues,is happening to your vehicle.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
specifically, I have no idea. I think you need a Ford service manual at a minimum to decode the hundreds of lines of modules listed on our cars.

Generally they are:

The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powertrain_control_module

I understand that the BCE is the Body Control Module / Electronics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_control_module
If the ask is what every single module is, no way we'd know that lol. They might not even make that data external friendly. I thought the ask was what in general it is, which are computer chips that control functions within the vehicle.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Does anyone know what all these modules actually are???
I'll simplify things greatly. These modules have computerized the operation of many functions and features that years ago were not performed by computers, they were performed by a switch, or a separate module.

On my 2013 F-150, which is 8 year old technology, I was able to change my lane changing blinker from 3 to 5 flashes, set my fog lights as DRLs, turn on remote start (it was there, just turned off), turn on hill descent (with a <$10 switch), and more. In some models, they can remove Sirius from the channel selection for those that aren't using it. Or enable global windows, the function when you hit Windows Up/Down on your remote or in FordPass.

Hope that helps.

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
I'll simplify things greatly. These modules have computerized the operation of many functions and features that years ago were not performed by computers, they were performed by a switch, or a separate module.

On my 2013 F-150, which is 8 year old technology, I was able to change my lane changing blinker from 3 to 5 flashes, set my fog lights as DRLs, turn on remote start (it was there, just turned off), turn on hill descent (with a <$10 switch), and more. In some models, they can remove Sirius from the channel selection for those that aren't using it. Or enable global windows, the function when you hit Windows Up/Down on your remote or in FordPass.

Hope that helps.
Rick, you say you will never do this on your Mach E.... but are you sure never means never??

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Rick, you say you will never do this on your Mach E.... but are you sure never means never??
I would consider making tweaks IF a) it was out of warranty and b) a large population had already done them, coupled with c) it really mattered. The F-150 had a very large FORSCan user base.

Adding Hill Descent to my F-150 was fun. I will never use it though. I couldn't eliminate Sirius on my 2013, and don't have modules in the windows that support Global Windows. So, all in all, the only big item was turning on Remote Start, which became less big when the 3G modem became obsolete a year ago when the vendor providing service to Ford killed it off.

On these cars, there is too much chance of screwing something up. Great example are the bleeding edge folks using Ford's software to apply updates and discovering that something broke.
Sponsored