Fromheather

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
I just got an email from the united road shipping company. I was excited until I realized it's the wrong vin number and it's a transit passenger vehicle?? My car has been in production since 1-5-2022 and no updates on the Ford system.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I would like to thank the many people on the 1/3 and 1/10 build dates forums who have called either Ford or their dealer to find out the cause of the delays on our cars. We now know that the cars are on chip hold, there is no good estimate on when the chips will arrive and be installed, and there is nothing we can do about it. My only hope is that when the chips arrive, the technicians who install them and the quality control people who inspect the 2022 builds make sure that we have all of the latest software and modules that have become available between the time our cars were built and finally shipped.

capnhowdy21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Development Manager
Country flag
For the people who expect they are on chip hold, does yours just say built and no shipped email yet?

TDog

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
For the people who expect they are on chip hold, does yours just say built and no shipped email yet?
Chip hold on my car. Tracker still "In Production". The estimated delivery date (3/2) is the same, at least for now.

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
Just got off the phone with Ford Customer Care; really nice guy. I am confirmed on a chip hold.

On my side, it is still in production.

NGE OC

First Name
NGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER,MBZ C300,Porsche Cayman
Occupation
Retired (math)
Country flag
Just In Production 01/19/22.

NGE OC

First Name
NGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired (math)
Country flag
If yours shows built, I wonder if a call to customer service might shed further light for you.

capnhowdy21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Development Manager
Country flag
If yours shows built, I wonder if a call to customer service might shed further light for you.
Mine shows shipped, I even got the email. I’m more curious cause it just seems odd that I got lucky.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
I would like to thank the many people on the 1/3 and 1/10 build dates forums who have called either Ford or their dealer to find out the cause of the delays on our cars. We now know that the cars are on chip hold, there is no good estimate on when the chips will arrive and be installed, and there is nothing we can do about it. My only hope is that when the chips arrive, the technicians who install them and the quality control people who inspect the 2022 builds make sure that we have all of the latest software and modules that have become available between the time our cars were built and finally shipped.
It is my guess that they knew the schedule for getting chips in last year when our cars got scheduled. I really don' think it was a surprise to Ford that they did not have enough chips to complete all of the vehicles that they had in production. I know they moved my car to a holding facility while it is waiting for the final parts.

My GTPE was (essentially) built by 1/15 and I had received a delivery date of 3/11 on the 16th. To me it looks like they knew my car would not leave the factory for 3-4 weeks after the production after the car was "built" before it would get on a train to Kansas and eventually to the dealership. Based on shipping dates from the lucky people who are getting cars, it does seem like they typically schedule a 3-4 week journey from the factory, not almost 2 months. We will know in a few more weeks if their supply of chips arrives as it is scheduled to. Fingers crossed.

NGE OC

First Name
NGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired (math)
Country flag
Mine shows shipped, I even got the email. I’m more curious cause it just seems odd that I got lucky.
Wow, here’s to it being real. How does it show on palsapp? your being ice white edition may very well set it apart. Hope so.

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag