01/10/22 Build Week Chat/Gang

dkmatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE on order
Country flag
White GTPE will be available very soon at Autonation ford, Scottsdale AZ, if anyone is interested.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/10/22 Build Week Chat/Gang IMG_0765

BlueCruise! I've had my car for about a week, finally got the OTA trigger for the map update to allow BlueCruise since it wasn't able to update while in transit. BlueCruise works!

I specifically asked the dealer not to do the BlueCruise maps update when I took delivery since the FDRS servers were having issues at the time. Plus I don't trust the dealer to know what they're doing with FDRS. So I waited for the OTA to come.

FYI BlueCruise probably won't work when you get your car. Dealer can apply the update manually for you, or you can wait for it OTA. If you're waiting for OTA, try to drive you car every day or two for about 10 minutes or more at a time so it can download. It will start the update about a minute after you park if it's triggered, only takes 5 minutes to apply. You will get a notification in FordPass when it's done. A new update trigger is generated every few weeks, so the OTA should come within a week or two after delivery if you can wait. I recommend the OTA route due to difficulties with dealer doing updates correctly. If you can't wait or it's not happening for you, then have the dealer do it. If you have questions about your OTA status, contact me.

Last edited:

Lockesmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/10/22 Build Week Chat/Gang IMG_0765

When I said I was bringing my first Ford home, this is not what I envisioned (don't worry, it's just a loaner).

I have been quiet on this thread as I have been going through a lot to figure out what was wrong with my MME and what the next steps are.

First things first, a TL;DR - my Mach E delivered on last Wednesday had a service needed light come on after 40 miles. The issue has been tracked down to a failure in the pump assembly. The part is not orderable at all, and an internal ticket has been made.

Now. The story for those who want a good read.

On Wednesday May 4th, my dealership had received my MME. They told me that it would be ready to sell on Friday, but I went down there to snap some pictures and get a trade in offer. After going down there to do so, the salesman came over to me and said, "How would you like to go home with it tonight?" I stated that the car needed to be checked and he said he got the all clear, and it was being prepped right now. I was elated. The purchase went smoothly, and I went home. This was 20 miles of driving, and no issues at all.

Upon inspection of the car in the garage lighting, I noticed a very small dent that looked like it could easily be fixed. This to me was simple, and I planned to go to the dealer the next day to show them. I took the car over to the dealership and showed them the ding, in which they told me to come back the next day (Friday) at 9 am to the body shop to get it looked at and fixed. No problem, things like this can happen. Upon 15 minutes of driving back to home, I received the wrench warning stating that service was needed soon. I immediately rolled my eyes, thinking it may be a battery issue or something else that was silly. I mentally prepared to go back the next day at 7am to the service center instead of the body shop, and have the car looked at.

Upon bringing it in, I got some very concerned faces very fast. Both from the salesman and from the service person as well. The car only had a little over 50 miles in it....this wasn't a good sign. We all agreed this could easily be a battery issue, and that it may have been an oversight. The service department would give it a full look over and let me know.

6 hours went by....nothing. My gut was telling me that something was wrong. I called them and asked what was going on, and they said that there was an issue with the pump assembly. They followed up quickly by saying that this could still be a false error, and for that reason they needed the car over the weekend to run a tip-to-tip diagnostic. I had no choice but to agree, as even if it's a battery, the car isn't safe to drive.

Monday morning came by, and the diagnostic was only pointing to the pump. To be safe, they did some work on the battery, performed some resetting, and took it for a test drive. The test drive was supposed to be 30 minutes....it only took 4 for the error to come back up again. It was now official. The pump assembly had failed.

The service person called me, and I could tell from the tone in his voice that this was really not good. They contacted dealers within a several thousand mile radius, nothing could be located. They went to order the part, and it couldn't be ordered. I was informed that a backend ticket to Ford had been created, and that we needed to wait for the next step.

This morning I got a text informing me that the outlook was really not good currently, and we would now go on a weekly update basis. If the part comes along or there's an update within that time, then I would be told what was going on asap. Either way, the Bronco is the loaner for now.

Service seems to be doing all that they can currently, but there will be a large conversation on compensation for this. It's been a hard week regarding the Mach E, and a tiring one overall.
This is... not good. I really hope you get a positive outcome after all of this.

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag

NGE OC

First Name
NGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER,MBZ C300,Porsche Cayman
Occupation
Retired (math)
Country flag
1652222944799.png

When I said I was bringing my first Ford home, this is not what I envisioned (don't worry, it's just a loaner).

I have been quiet on this thread as I have been going through a lot to figure out what was wrong with my MME and what the next steps are.

First things first, a TL;DR - my Mach E delivered on last Wednesday had a service needed light come on after 40 miles. The issue has been tracked down to a failure in the pump assembly. The part is not orderable at all, and an internal ticket has been made.

On Wednesday May 4th, my dealership had received my MME. They told me that it would be ready to sell on Friday, but I went down there to snap some pictures and get a trade in offer. After going down there to do so, the salesman came over to me and said, "How would you like to go home with it tonight?" I stated that the car needed to be checked and he said he got the all clear, and it was being prepped right now. I was elated. The purchase went smoothly, and I went home. This was 20 miles of driving, and no issues at all.

Upon inspection of the car in the garage lighting, I noticed a very small dent that looked like it could easily be fixed. This to me was simple, and I planned to go to the dealer the next day to show them. I took the car over to the dealership and showed them the ding, in which they told me to come back the next day (Friday) at 9 am to the body shop to get it looked at and fixed. No problem, things like this can happen. Upon 15 minutes of driving back to home, I received the wrench warning stating that service was needed soon. I immediately rolled my eyes, thinking it may be a battery issue or something else that was silly. I mentally prepared to go back the next day at 7am to the service center instead of the body shop, and have the car looked at.

Upon bringing it in, I got some very concerned faces very fast. Both from the salesman and from the service person as well. The car only had a little over 50 miles in it....this wasn't a good sign. We all agreed this could easily be a battery issue, and that it may have been an oversight. The service department would give it a full look over and let me know.

6 hours went by....nothing. My gut was telling me that something was wrong. I called them and asked what was going on, and they said that there was an issue with the pump assembly. They followed up quickly by saying that this could still be a false error, and for that reason they needed the car over the weekend to run a tip-to-tip diagnostic. I had no choice but to agree, as even if it's a battery, the car isn't safe to drive.

Monday morning came by, and the diagnostic was only pointing to the pump. To be safe, they did some work on the battery, performed some resetting, and took it for a test drive. The test drive was supposed to be 30 minutes....it only took 4 for the error to come back up again. It was now official. The pump assembly had failed.

The service person called me, and I could tell from the tone in his voice that this was really not good. They contacted dealers within a several thousand mile radius, nothing could be located. They went to order the part, and it couldn't be ordered. I was informed that a backend ticket to Ford had been created, and that we needed to wait for the next step.

This morning I got a text informing me that the outlook was really not good currently, and we would now go on a weekly update basis. If the part comes along or there's an update within that time, then I would be told what was going on asap. Either way, the Bronco is the loaner for now.

Service seems to be doing all that they can currently, but there will be a large conversation on compensation for this. It's been a hard week regarding the Mach E, and a tiring one overall.
very, very sad and sorry. Hope this can be taken care of to your satisfaction soon.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
very, very sad and sorry. Hope this can be taken care of to your satisfaction soon.
I also am super sorry to hear of this issue. Keep in mind the “bathtub curve“ of failures. Many more failures are expected during the “start-up“ phase…once things have passed this initial period, the car should give you (and all of us) a very long “useful life period”.

Complex electronics and systems are very likely to have issues early on…unfortunately.

I hope that they can resolve this issue for you rapidly.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/10/22 Build Week Chat/Gang ECA1C906-7468-4F63-956F-3A6C2A5A3D0A

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Good morning! Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your Mach-E's pump issue on my end.

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good morning! Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your Mach-E's pump issue on my end.
Sent you a PM 🙂

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
As of today, "Departed on a flatcar, Peru, Indiana, 5:15 a.m."

If it were on a truck, here are the routes to the Pt. Wilmington distribution center:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/10/22 Build Week Chat/Gang ECA1C906-7468-4F63-956F-3A6C2A5A3D0A

Here's the rail line's map, with my oval showing start and finish:

In/through Conway, PA as of 11:58 p.m. last night.

Go, Pony Train!

giphy.gif

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Sent you a PM 🙂
Craig,

While this does not help your situation (that I hope is getting resolved quickly), I have not seen any evidence of any other cars having this failure in a search on the forum and the internet. Meaning the pump failure appears to be a unique failure and once it is replaced, it should be like every other MME.

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Craig,

While this does not help your situation (that I hope is getting resolved quickly), I have not seen any evidence of any other cars having this failure in a search on the forum and the internet. Meaning the pump failure appears to be a unique failure and once it is replaced, it should be like every other MME.
Agree fully with your statement. My fiance and I did extensive research, and it seems to be entirely unique.

Old Fashioned

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Jeep JK, Imaginary Mach E Premium RWD ER
Sent you a PM 🙂
Nice to see 'Big Brother' watching and responding. I got to think it's all going to be fine.

I've literally driven mine 20 miles since I got it from the dealer. I've been out of town. I do know, I feel like I'm 15 years old and learning how to drive again with this bada$$ ride. HA.

SublimeRkz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium ER
Occupation
Bankruptcy Law
Country flag
Just checked the tracker and my status went from 6/7 - 6/13 to 5/8 - 5/14. This is the second change in the last two weeks.

The idea that the vehicle might actually arrive this week is something else. Now, I just need the dealership to honor the price protection.

benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
Just checked the tracker and my status went from 6/7 - 6/13 to 5/8 - 5/14. This is the second change in the last two weeks.

The idea that the vehicle might actually arrive this week is something else. Now, I just need the dealership to honor the price protection.
Cool. Hope that new date is real! Do you mind sharing, when was your car shipped from Mexico?

SublimeRkz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium ER
Occupation
Bankruptcy Law
Country flag
Cool. Hope that new date is real! Do you mind sharing, when was your car shipped from Mexico?
Not at all. I got the "shipped" email from Ford on 4/9/22. Vehicle showed as "delivered" to KC on 4/20/22. Since then, I've gotten conflicting info from Ford (as well as my delivery window moving several times).

More updates to follow.
Sponsored