NGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER,MBZ C300,Porsche Cayman
Occupation
Retired (math)
Country flag
I have just been reading about mileage range estimates under the various modes of driving. People are reporting that they are getting the highest range from driving in unbridled mode with 1 pedal off. Apparently it has more aggressive regenerative braking. Of course, weather and terrain and which specific model affect the numbers, but ... I am curious and want to give those of you who are going to be out and about in your ponies a reason to drive them.
Sponsored

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
My dealer projects that my Mach-E will arrive at his lot probably sometime in the week after next, which is about what I'd figured given the railroad tracking (it was still in some oddly pronounced place in Pennsylvania this a.m.), and that's fine with me. Still in time for a Memorial Day weekend drive! (Maybe I'll take it to Jones Beach for the Bethpage Airshow at Jones Beach, use the free Level 2 chargers at the Jones Beach Energy Center to top up the electrons, and enjoy the day.)

Oh, the antici....

giphy.gif

pation! {Jonathan}

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/10/22 Build Week Chat/Gang giphy

When I said I was bringing my first Ford home, this is not what I envisioned (don't worry, it's just a loaner).

I have been quiet on this thread as I have been going through a lot to figure out what was wrong with my MME and what the next steps are.

First things first, a TL;DR - my Mach E delivered on last Wednesday had a service needed light come on after 40 miles. The issue has been tracked down to a failure in the pump assembly. The part is not orderable at all, and an internal ticket has been made.

Now. The story for those who want a good read.

On Wednesday May 4th, my dealership had received my MME. They told me that it would be ready to sell on Friday, but I went down there to snap some pictures and get a trade in offer. After going down there to do so, the salesman came over to me and said, "How would you like to go home with it tonight?" I stated that the car needed to be checked and he said he got the all clear, and it was being prepped right now. I was elated. The purchase went smoothly, and I went home. This was 20 miles of driving, and no issues at all.

Upon inspection of the car in the garage lighting, I noticed a very small dent that looked like it could easily be fixed. This to me was simple, and I planned to go to the dealer the next day to show them. I took the car over to the dealership and showed them the ding, in which they told me to come back the next day (Friday) at 9 am to the body shop to get it looked at and fixed. No problem, things like this can happen. Upon 15 minutes of driving back to home, I received the wrench warning stating that service was needed soon. I immediately rolled my eyes, thinking it may be a battery issue or something else that was silly. I mentally prepared to go back the next day at 7am to the service center instead of the body shop, and have the car looked at.

Upon bringing it in, I got some very concerned faces very fast. Both from the salesman and from the service person as well. The car only had a little over 50 miles in it....this wasn't a good sign. We all agreed this could easily be a battery issue, and that it may have been an oversight. The service department would give it a full look over and let me know.

6 hours went by....nothing. My gut was telling me that something was wrong. I called them and asked what was going on, and they said that there was an issue with the pump assembly. They followed up quickly by saying that this could still be a false error, and for that reason they needed the car over the weekend to run a tip-to-tip diagnostic. I had no choice but to agree, as even if it's a battery, the car isn't safe to drive.

Monday morning came by, and the diagnostic was only pointing to the pump. To be safe, they did some work on the battery, performed some resetting, and took it for a test drive. The test drive was supposed to be 30 minutes....it only took 4 for the error to come back up again. It was now official. The pump assembly had failed.

The service person called me, and I could tell from the tone in his voice that this was really not good. They contacted dealers within a several thousand mile radius, nothing could be located. They went to order the part, and it couldn't be ordered. I was informed that a backend ticket to Ford had been created, and that we needed to wait for the next step.

This morning I got a text informing me that the outlook was really not good currently, and we would now go on a weekly update basis. If the part comes along or there's an update within that time, then I would be told what was going on asap. Either way, the Bronco is the loaner for now.

Service seems to be doing all that they can currently, but there will be a large conversation on compensation for this. It's been a hard week regarding the Mach E, and a tiring one overall.
I think now is an appropriate time to provide an update to this.

TLDR: The part has come in and is being put into my car. After replacement, the car will be test driven, re-tested from tip to tip, and is expected to be ready to go on Tuesday of next week. Ford Corporate and I worked privately on details, and a ticket was created with the EV team to assist. After getting an introduction email, I received no response over several days and am now on hold to talk to someone new (update, I hung up after 20 minutes of waiting). The dealership is doing their best to compensate, but Ford needs to step up.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
I think now is an appropriate time to provide an update to this.

TLDR: The part has come in and is being put into my car. After replacement, the car will be test driven, re-tested from tip to tip, and is expected to be ready to go on Tuesday of next week. Ford Corporate and I worked privately on details, and a ticket was created with the EV team to assist. After getting an introduction email, I received no response over several days and am now on hold to talk to someone new (update, I hung up after 20 minutes of waiting). The dealership is doing their best to compensate, but Ford needs to step up.
Thank you for the update. Sorry that it happened...but glad to hear it sounds like the problem will get resolved soon...

SublimeRkz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium ER
Occupation
Bankruptcy Law
Country flag
Update: the car is officially mine!

I picked the car up from Folsom Lake Ford and it looked like my car was one of roughly 10 they received yesterday. They did NOT honor price protection; despite my showing them all of the incredibly helpful research/dealer posts/etc. from the forum, they said that my order (originally ordered 7/18/21) didn't qualify because it was a 2021 that became a 2022. I know they're wrong, and I guess I'll see if I can get any recourse from Ford.

I went with Ford Options and the finance guy had only handled one other options contract. It...did not go that smoothly. Apparently, they loaded it into their system as a lease before later correcting it.

The whole process was about ~2.5 hours from start to finish.

Most importantly, this beauty is now home and I'm looking forward to a weekend of getting to know her. I'm certainly happy that this journey is now over, and I'm wishing all of still waiting for your cars the best of luck and speedy deliveries.

IMG_1239.jpg

benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Mach E California Route 1
Country flag

I picked the car up from Folsom Lake Ford and it looked like my car was one of roughly 10 they received yesterday. They did NOT honor price protection; despite my showing them all of the incredibly helpful research/dealer posts/etc. from the forum, they said that my order (originally ordered 7/18/21) didn't qualify because it was a 2021 that became a 2022. I know they're wrong, and I guess I'll see if I can get any recourse from Ford.

I went with Ford Options and the finance guy had only handled one other options contract. It...did not go that smoothly. Apparently, they loaded it into their system as a lease before later correcting it.

Most importantly, this beauty is now home and I'm looking forward to a weekend of getting to know her. I'm certainly happy that this journey is now over, and I'm wishing all of still waiting for your cars the best of luck and speedy deliveries.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/10/22 Build Week Chat/Gang IMG_1239
Congrats! That's one good looking car. And one happy passenger!

NGE OC

First Name
NGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER,MBZ C300,Porsche Cayman
Occupation
Retired (math)
Country flag
jfwyant1966 posed a question to the 1/3 group that Iā€™ve been wondering about for the 1/10 group as well:
How many are still left in this group that have not received their cars yet?
Iā€™m parked at Muncie ramp in KC, MO - so how about you all?
Who else is waiting ā€¦

JeanneB

First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford MME GT
Occupation
finance manager
Country flag
jfwyant1966 posed a question to the 1/3 group that Iā€™ve been wondering about for the 1/10 group as well:

Who else is waiting ā€¦
Me

Old Fashioned

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Jeep JK, Imaginary Mach E Premium RWD ER

Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/10/22 Build Week Chat/Gang IMG_1239
Sweet ride! Sorry about PP. Fortunately, my dealer honored it. FYI, I ordered July 5th and was in the 1/10 build group. If you ordered it, you get PP. Unethical what some of these dealers are telling people about PP. Seems really illegal when the dealer actually receives payment from Ford for your PP.

Rest on it, but maybe start a new thread organizing everyone that didnā€™t receive PP. Maybe Big Brother will start intervening. Their software knows who ordered the car, when you ordered, who bought the car and who should get the PP check.

Trying to see both sides of the issue - rumor is Ford is very slow with the PP reimbursements, hence the dealers are apprehensive about giving it to customers.

Jdoc

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag

Who else is waiting ā€¦
Waiting

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

I wouldn't have done the transaction. They are dead wrong.

My 5/29/21 order just came in. $750 price protection plus the price from the October invoice.
Sponsored