Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
As always let me preface this by saying that the following is available via FDRS and it is NOT available from your dealer (for free) or via OTA. We assume that one day you should get them OTA, but no clue as to when.

Second, I only know for sure that these updates are available for the GTPE/Job2 line of vehicles. As this thread progresses I'll modify the title and information based on what we gather. Per @generaltso the RFA module update is also available for Job1.

RFA Module is in control of the systems that work with PaaK (I'm looking forward to see what's in store)

VDM Module update might have something to do with the random errors people are getting for the Magnaride suspension fault, but we'll know more in time.

The VDM module is only on the GTPE trim and it is not on any other trims including non-PE GTs (thanks @benk016 for clarification).

WARNING - If you decide to flash them yourself be sure to use a power supply to the LVB:

RFA -

Flashed without error
Database successfully updates and update removed
Approximate time 25 minutes

VDM -

Flashed without error
Database successfully updates and update removed
Approximate time 3 minutes
WARNING: Causes Persistent DTC (unknown consequences):
Test Drive: No alerts or abnormalities. Noted that Bluecruise failed to engage on my initial attempt. De-activation and subsequent re-activation enabled it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 03/10/22 - RFA (PaaK) and VDM (PE Only) Updates Available 1646951421565

Ford Mustang Mach-E 03/10/22 - RFA (PaaK) and VDM (PE Only) Updates Available 1646948372147

Last edited:

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This hopefully will be good news for those GTPE's that are getting the suspension fault errors!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
As always let me preface this by saying that the following is available via FDRS and it is NOT available from your dealer for free or via OTA.

Second, I only know for sure that these updates are available for the GT/Job2 line of vehicles. As this thread progresses I'll modify the title and information based on what we gather.

RFA Module is in control of the systems that work with PaaK (I'm looking forward to see what's in store)
VDM Module update might have something to do with the random errors people are getting for the Magnaride suspension fault, but we'll know more in time.

I'll be flashing both later this afternoon.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 03/10/22 - RFA (PaaK) and VDM (PE Only) Updates Available 1646948372147
How long does RFA take to do?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the past its taken 25-30 minutes. We should know for sure shortly.
Ah cool, was thinking about getting dealer to do mine for my Job 1.5 when I go in for something else next week. I don’t have too many problems with PAAK though, but might as well, unless it could make things worse.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The RFA update is available for Job 1 cars too. I'll apply it after dinner.
There has been RFA for job 1 for a while I thought, if it hasn’t done it before, is this a new version or does it have to both?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
RFA Flashed without issue:
How long does RFA take to do?
As @benk016 said, it was about 25 minutes. Completed successfully and PaaK still works. I'll report back with more PaaK accuracy/pains as time progresses.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
There has been RFA for job 1 for a while I thought, if it hasn’t done it before, is this a new version or does it have to both?
There's been several updates to the RFA module so far. I believe this is one of the updates that probably works across all cars as the module is the same.

My old FE is showing RFA available as well and it had the 21P22 updates done in January which updated it then.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Would someone be willing run my VIN to see what's available for me in FDRS? I last bought the 2-day subscription about 3-months ago. I'll PM it to you.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
There's been several updates to the RFA module so far. I believe this is one of the updates that probably works across all cars as the module is the same.

My old FE is showing RFA available as well and it had the 21P22 updates done in January which updated it then.
Something just doesn’t sound right in the phrase “old FE” ?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
As of right now it does appear that PaaK accuracy is improved. I always had a little more issue with the passenger door and sometimes had to hit the rear pass door in order to get that side to unlock. I've tested a few times now and I haven't had that issue.

It's still too early to tell for sure. But it would be down right stupid if they made things worse, so here's hoping for better PaaK responsiveness and accuracy.

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As of right now it does appear that PaaK accuracy is improved. I always had a little more issue with the passenger door and sometimes had to hit the read pass door in order to get that side to unlock. I've tested a few times now and I haven't had that issue.

It's still too early to tell for sure. But it would be down right stupid if they made things worse, so here's hoping for better PaaK responsiveness and accuracy.
Gonna get dealer to do this on Monday, should be part of the same old TSB right? (I haven’t had any RFA done yet)
Sponsored