Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
As always let me preface this by saying that the following is available via FDRS and it is NOT available from your dealer (for free) or via OTA. We assume that one day you should get them OTA, but no clue as to when. Per this post, these are the same modules as in 2.5.2 so if you're in EAP you should get them OTA soon.

These updates are available for both Job1 and Job2 (see warning below) vehicles as of today.

Originally per this post and this post, we had confirmation that Job2 vehicles were left with bricked CCM modules when attempting these updates. Per @benk016 he was able to flash the CCM module successfully with FORScan, but not with FDRS. Also per Ben, even though FDRS failed the IPMA, FORScan is showing it to be completed. This means that on a Job2 car you might need FORScan and FDRS (requiring different adapters as well) to install these updates.

UPDATE: It would appear that those with the Mongoose adapter are having a higher level of success when updating vs other's with other adapters. The experience shared by Ben was NOT using a Mongoose adapter. Others using Mongoose are reporting success without bricked CCMs on both Job1 and Job2. If you do NOT have a Mongoose adapter you might want to read about how to recover the CCM with FORScan.

UPDATE 2: It is reported that IPMA and PSCM don't clear the update list after successful completion. I can confirm this through multiple VINs as well. Expect them to remain.

WARNING: I would not even attempt these updates wihout a connected power supply to the LVB. The IPMA update alone is a long update (186mb). The IPMA is NOT USB, meaning it could likely take hours!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 03/12/22 - Another round of updates available - Bluecruise? - Job1 and Job2 1647101767545
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Nice....if I were a guessing man (oh and I am!) I'd guess this is a newer update version of these modules for bluecruise that both gets job1 and job2 on bluecruise but to the latest standard of bluecruise.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Nice....if I were a guessing man (oh and I am!) I'd guess this is a newer update version of these modules for bluecruise that both gets job1 and job2 on bluecruise but to the latest standard of bluecruise.
Could very well be, but because of the complexity with IPMA I think I'm going to wait this one out a few days. Ford has released updates meant for Job1 to the Job2 vehicles in the past and it broke things. It took months to revert it back through creative engineering from many forum members.

It's not important for Job2 as we already have Bluecruise.

Last edited:

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I have a Job 1 car and 1 day left on my FDRS subscription. I will try this out later today and write back.
I was installing about 8 updates last night, but it didn’t yet show the four from your screenshot.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
These are the same modules that were updated in 2.5.2

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m having trouble getting the car to recognize a usb for the IPC module update I was trying yesterday.
The sync screen says something like “this usb device is not supported, please remove it”
I tried three different usb devices, and it says the same for all 3 regardless of whether I’m doing the IPC update or not.
All were formatted exFAT and blank or just containing the update files. The updates were only 176MB, so I don’t think it was any kind of size constraint.
Any suggestions on how to get the car to accept a usb device?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
WARNING: I would not even attempt these updates wihout a connected power supply to the LVB. The APIM update alone is a long update.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 03/12/22 - Another round of updates available - Bluecruise? - Job1 and Job2 1647101767545
You mean IPMA :p

I haven't even seen if these are available for me but I will wait. They should come OTA and honestly everything works fine for me right now lol.

I say that but give it a few days and I bet I do it lol.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
You mean IPMA :p

I haven't even seen if these are available for me but I will wait. They should come OTA and honestly everything works fine for me right now lol.

I say that but give it a few days and I bet I do it lol.
Thanks for the correction. Yes IPMA.

That's kinda how I feel as well for Job2. There's nothing in these that should do anything for us unless it's tied to that TSB, which isn't even supposed to be for my vehicle. There's nothing in these updates that I "want". Job1 vehicles however might get a lot from this especially if it's the same as 2.5.2.

That being said I know @benk016 is flashing them right now, so he can be our guinea pig this week.

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’m having trouble getting the car to recognize a usb for the IPC module update I was trying yesterday.
The sync screen says something like “this usb device is not supported, please remove it”
I tried three different usb devices, and it says the same for all 3 regardless of whether I’m doing the IPC update or not.
All were formatted exFAT and blank or just containing the update files. The updates were only 176MB, so I don’t think it was any kind of size constraint.
I know nothing of flashing stuff from FDRS or any of this with the MME, but at work we have some devices we have used in the past that we configured by inserting an SD card with some files on it. That device was picky about formatting, and file structure, and eventually we figured out it was also picky about overall device size. We had to find SD cards with an overall size less than 2 GB I believe. Its hard to find flash media in such small sizes now other than in the bottom of your 10 year old junk drawer.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
I know nothing of flashing stuff from FDRS or any of this with the MME, but at work we have some devices we have used in the past that we configured by inserting an SD card with some files on it. That device was picky about formatting, and file structure, and eventually we figured out it was also picky about overall device size. We had to find SD cards with an overall size less than 2 GB I believe. Its hard to find flash media in such small sizes now other than in the bottom of your 10 year old junk drawer.
It asks for a 32GB or larger USB drive:
- exFAT for the File System
- Default Allocation Size for the Allocation Unit Size

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Mach-E concern on my end.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Mach-E concern on my end.
This is a little counterintuitive since the biggest reason to use FDRS is to avoid going to the dealer.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I'm bumping my post to add emphasis and warning to Job2 vehicles. DO NOT attempt these updates unless you have both FORScan and FDRS and are willing to take a chance.

@benk016 is reporting that they are failing on Job2 and his Cruise Control is bricked.

Update: Thankfully, he was able to restore the bricked CCM module with FORScan.

Update #2: Ben was able to flash the CCM with FORScan and confirmed that the IPMA was successful even though it showed failed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 03/12/22 - Another round of updates available - Bluecruise? - Job1 and Job2 20220312_130658

Last edited:

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I started over with a brand new 64GB usb device and did a force restart on sync. The car is talking to the usb now.
Sponsored