Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Preface: These updates are being performed by the few of us that have FDRS and are not available via OTA at this time. Your dealer will not update these on the car for free because there is no Customer Satisfaction Program, recall or TSB as of today. I'm sure you could pay them to do the updates, but that's at your discretion. I'm sure they will eventually be OTA.

On to the update:

Since it's a holiday weekend I figured I would check the car to see if there were any updates available. I knew I had some from last week so I decided to run those today. There's a post about those updates here.

I noticed that there was a FSCM update along with the other updates that I hadn't performed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/30/22 - GT Updates Five Second Control Module (FSCM) Power Limiting FSCM

I went ahead and installed the updates. Everything processed as it would normally:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/30/22 - GT Updates Five Second Control Module (FSCM) Power Limiting fscm-update

Once complete I noticed that in Sync under drive modes there's a new toggle.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/30/22 - GT Updates Five Second Control Module (FSCM) Power Limiting Power Limit

There is no Five second control module (FSCM) in the MME. Have a wonderful Memorial Day and thank you to all those and their families that lost a loved one in service to our country. Hopefully Ford will, one day, release us from the five second limit.

-Todd

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Preface: These updates are being performed by the few of us that have FDRS and are not available via OTA at this time. Your dealer will not update these on the car for free because there is no Customer Satisfaction Program, recall or TSB as of today. I'm sure you could pay them to do the updates, but that's at your discretion. I'm sure they will eventually be OTA.

On to the update:

Since it's a holiday weekend I figured I would check the car to see if there were any updates available. I knew I had some from last week so I decided to run those today. There's a post about those updates here.

I noticed that there was a FSCM update along with the other updates that I hadn't performed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/30/22 - GT Updates Five Second Control Module (FSCM) Power Limiting Power Limit

I went ahead and installed the updates. Everything processed as it would normally:

Once complete I noticed that in Sync under drive modes there's a new toggle.

There is no Five second control module in the MME. Have a wonderful Memorial Day and hopefully Ford will, one day, release us from the five second limit.

-Todd
Wow, does this get rid of the 5 second limit or is this another limiter?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
LOL,, Of all the people to post this it's you @DevSecOps and it not even April 1st. You had me going!

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Good work in Photoshop!! It looked so real! I was like, FINALLY!

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Oh great, now there's gonna be people who "read" this and run to their dealer and demand this update.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/30/22 - GT Updates Five Second Control Module (FSCM) Power Limiting thanks-a-lot
Weren't you saying that you missed me being on the forum?

Where's that love?

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Dude, you totally had me in the "palm of your forum post". I don't even have a GT and I was a little giddy til I hit the spoiler alert. Wrong Holiday For Sure 🤣 🤣 🤣

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
OK, raise your hand if you went out to your vehicle with your laptop and cables before you finished reading this post.
Are you raising your hand? 😂