Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Uh oh, guys I wouldn't do any more OBCC updates until that's straightened out. You might break something. FDRS server might be messed up again and could be giving you the wrong/old version. You should clear your FDRS cache, do a fresh network scan, and see if it still shows up afterwards.

Pro tip: Never apply an update the first day it shows up in FDRS. Seems like about 30% of the time it is actually the wrong version or wasn't meant for your car. Wrong updates have messed up cars in the past.
I kept it (the -AM), I then did some errands and ran it down to 33% and then hit the EA 350Kw DCFC on the way home to bring it back up to 85% 32 minutes later. No errors, no shenanigans. If they do discover that they regressed...it's no big deal, I'll just update again to whatever the latest flavor is. No drama.

Mike

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
How long does it take for the last recall to remove itself from fordpass after the software updates.
I don’t think we’ve seen evidence that the recall has ever disappeared from FordPass after doing the updates yourself with FDRS. Mine hasn’t.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I don’t think we’ve seen evidence that the recall has ever disappeared from FordPass after doing the updates yourself with FDRS. Mine hasn’t.
Nope. You're right. Dealer wants to lay hands on the vehicle or they won't sign off your work, even if they can see in the FDRS session logs that you did it right.

I'm thinking its a combination of liability and wanting to get paid the labor.

I did my own BC and the dealer where I took it for the glass took credit for the BC install...and voila it disappeared from ETIS as an outstanding field action. The tech told the service manager to tell me that it was the easiest BC update he'd ever done. Service manager didn't know I had done the BC update until I told him when he gave me the keys.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The tech told the service manager to tell me that it was the easiest BC update he'd ever done. Service manager didn't know I had done the BC update until I told him when he gave me the keys.
Pfffffft... I suppose they claimed the full 8 hours for it too.
Sponsored