06/20/22 - GWM Job2 & OBCC Job1 & 2 Updates

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Oh no, my bad for not clicking and just reading the link title.

Yes, the updates you performed are the ones that did increase range. For me it was about 30 miles. I'm not sure anyone here has really dove into the why there was an increase in range but I'm doubtful it was because of usable capacity. I'll look into it more.

These updates, the GWM and OBCC, aren't the ones that did that however.
Wait, there was an update that increased range on the GTs? Can I assume that will be coming OTA eventually or maybe bundled in with this incoming OTA?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
but would also say that it was indeed based on a date
Let's wait for Ron to reply. I have a sneaky suspicion he may know better than anyone on this forum.

Wait, there was an update that increased range on the GTs?
No, there's nothing confirmed... It's likely just a data reset.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I would agree with the GT statement, but would also say that it was indeed based on a date according to the 21G01 program instructions that stipulate that the BlueCruise update program applies to all 2021 cars built through 7 July 2021.

So that's what I have always thought was the cutoff.

Mike

View attachment 21G01.pdf
There were likely some software updates for non-GT/GTPE vehicles brought in at GT introduction, but that is to make the assembly plant's life a little less complicated. That's why you see a date referred to, and don't see (or shouldn't see) base Mustang vehicles referred to a "Job 2". They are just 2022 Mustang, and the July 7 cutoff being the same date as Job 2 is coincidental.

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
There were likely some software updates for non-GT/GTPE vehicles brought in at GT introduction, but that is to make the assembly plant's life a little less complicated. That's why you see a date referred to, and don't see (or shouldn't see) base Mustang vehicles referred to a "Job 2". They are just 2022 Mustang, and the July 7 cutoff being the same date as Job 2 is coincidental.
At least in the past the Job 1/2 cutoff coincided with summer shutdown and model year cutoff was Christmas shutdown as this is when it is easiest to make changes to the assembly process. The model year changeover last year was early; perhaps to make changes to adapt to the supply chain pressure.

Of course the Mach E is a new model, with new technology, and is being built in a time with supply chain issues … so I’ll defer to those who have more information.

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
As mentioned in my earlier post (#103) my 2022 is referred to as a “2022 Job #1” vehicle in the build config, and a “2022.25” in the model specification.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
The update for the GWM is being rolled out OTA in power up 2.8.2.

OTA 2.8.2 was the GWM release prior to this version.

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Interesting, I wonder if I'll get it, I'm in EA, 11/2021 build and nothing queued. Is 2.8.2 the latest software that Job 1 cars have? What OTA update brings Sync versions inline so we can get the new Apple maps with EV chargers?

Is there any way this is the old GWM update that came out a week or two ago? They wouldn't do that, right? They'd for sure push the latest out, I'd imagine.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Interesting, I wonder if I'll get it, I'm in EA, 11/2021 build and nothing queued. Is 2.8.2 the latest software that Job 1 cars have? What OTA update brings Sync versions inline so we can get the new Apple maps with EV chargers?
From what I've seen it's 2.8.3.

And I know it's not from the "home office" but that's also what it says here.

Mike

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
It's interesting that it is 2.8.2 OTA, which aligns with the Job 1's. If the Power Up number is going to be aligned then one would think the prior updates would have been pushed first (PSCM, CCM, CMR, ...)

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Looks like 2.8.2 is not the newest GWM version, it is the one from a few weeks ago which broke @DevSecOps charging data.

I already had VINs for two of the users who posted receiving the OTA today. They are now showing a current version which matches the last update (LJ8T-14J007-EAH updated to -EKN) and still show the new update as being available in FDRS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Looks like 2.8.2 is not the newest GWM version, it is the one from a few weeks ago which broke @DevSecOps charging data.

I already had VINs for two of the users who posted receiving the OTA today. They are now showing a current version which matches the last update (-EAH updated to -EKN) and still show the new update as being available in FDRS.
Interesting ... Ford will get an ear full if that's the case. I just knew it was the GWM. I didn't know what version. Thank you for pointing this out!

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Interesting ... Ford will get an ear full if that's the case. I just knew it was the GWM. I didn't know what version. Thank you for pointing this out!
I don't know the latest version number. Do you recall what it updated to?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I don't know the latest version number. Do you recall what it updated to?
Check here

Should be:

LJ8T-14J007-EKR
LJ8T-14H021-EKR
MU5T-14H152-EKG
LJ8T-14J009-EKR
MU5T-14H027-EKJ
MU5T-14H151-EKG
MU5T-14H394-AAE

Last edited:

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I thought it was in the thread somewhere. The latest went from LJ8T-14J007-EKN to -EKR. I'll post a link to your GWM issue post in the 2.8.2 in case people have issues. Burst the bubbles of the Job 2 EA group.
Sponsored

Last edited: