07/18/22 Build Week Gang

Have you received your car as of 9/14/22?

• Total voters

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
Absolutely insane that it wasn't fixed after all that. Wow though, you're so close!!!!
Sponsored

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!

dcohen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity, MME on order
Country flag

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Signed and driven off the lot!! I’ll post some pictures and documents tomorrow, but the delivery saga is over!!

and of course they detail it for hours and it rains in Phoenix the hour it gets parked outside. We don’t mind it, but definitely laughed at the situation
Ford Mustang Mach-E 07/18/22 Build Week Gang 6E94AFB9-EBA7-47CD-9670-8C4BB49BA3A8

dcohen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity, MME on order
Country flag
Signed and driven off the lot!! I’ll post some pictures and documents tomorrow, but the delivery saga is over!!

and of course they detail it for hours and it rains in Phoenix the hour it gets parked outside. We don’t mind it, but definitely laughed at the situation
Ford Mustang Mach-E 07/18/22 Build Week Gang 6E94AFB9-EBA7-47CD-9670-8C4BB49BA3A8
So glad you FINALLY have your Mach-E!!! And I totally agree with @lurker - I'm more satisfied to see you get your car than when ours got delivered. We only had the run-of-the-mill dealer delivery crap to wade through, not the craziness you did!

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No lie, I am more happy on you receiving your car than I was on getting mine. It's a beauty!
Jax!!!! Yessss this is awesome. So glad it finally happened!!
So glad you FINALLY have your Mach-E!!! And I totally agree with @lurker - I'm more satisfied to see you get your car than when ours got delivered. We only had the run-of-the-mill dealer delivery crap to wade through, not the craziness you did!
Thanks all, I'm so excited to be done with this. At the end of the day, it made the buying process easy. Everyone from sales rep, finance manager, sales manager, and GM all made the process as easy as possible and didn't play any games. Sales manager and GM spent some time talking with me and apologizing (even though it really isn't their fault). Initially I was worried about the dealership games but it was smooth sailing.

So let's look at the damage. It's comically minor and shouldn't have caused this much of a delay.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 07/18/22 Build Week Gang image004

Ford Mustang Mach-E 07/18/22 Build Week Gang image003

Damage was quoted by the insurance company on 8/18 @ Ramp 15, 200 E. Marley Rd., Kansas City, MO. Original quote was popping out the dent, clear coat touch up, and replacing that small rear window... what?
Ford Mustang Mach-E 07/18/22 Build Week Gang Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 7.31.33 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E 07/18/22 Build Week Gang Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 7.32.19 PM

Total came to over $4300 after labor. This work was supposed to be completed at Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City. They have the damage contract for vehicles between plant and KC. If the damage occurs after that, each state has a dealer with the repair contract.

After three months sitting at the KC Assembly Plant (according to Ford and VVR), I finally got through to Mr. Levine on twitter and he expedited the vehicle to my dealer. All the while, my dealer had been told by their sources that it had been fixed. When it arrived, damaged, my dealer stepped up and was able to get it into their collision center and had it fixed in a few hours with paintless dent repair and you'd never know it was hit.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 07/18/22 Build Week Gang Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 7.51.09 PM

The car had a service tag for Thoroughbred Ford in the cabin so it did make it there... I wonder how close to being fixed it was, still probably wouldn't have made it here on time though. I truly believe the expedited status got me on a rail car much faster too, especially headed out west and all the issues surrounding that.

Going back to the sale, my dealer pushed Ford to approve a discount on MSRP, they gave us a deal on tinting, and we got all weather floor mats (that I meant to order) thrown in. It also had 20 miles on the odometer, more than I hoped but understandable. All in all it wasn't a bad experience once the car showed up. We get our tax credit, a fun car, and a story/experience I'll never forget.

If anyone has specific questions or whatever, reply or message me. If you find this on google because your Ford has Category F damage, feel free to reach out too.

Last edited:

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
Thanks all, I'm so excited to be done with this. At the end of the day, it made the buying process easy. Everyone from sales rep, finance manager, sales manager, and GM all made the process as easy as possible and didn't play any games. Sales manager and GM spent some time talking with me and apologizing (even though it really isn't their fault). Initially I was worried about the dealership games but it was smooth sailing.

So let's look at the damage. It's comically minor and shouldn't have caused this much of a delay.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 07/18/22 Build Week Gang Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 7.51.09 PM

Damage was quoted by the insurance company on 8/18 @ Ramp 15, 200 E. Marley Rd., Kansas City, MO. Original quote was popping out the dent, clear coat touch up, and replacing that small rear window... what?

Total came to over $4300 after labor. This work was supposed to be completed at Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City. They have the damage contract for vehicles between plant and KC. If the damage occurs after that, each state has a dealer with the repair contract.

After three months sitting at the KC Assembly Plant (according to Ford and VVR), I finally got through to Mr. Levine on twitter and he expedited the vehicle to my dealer. All the while, my dealer had been told by their sources that it had been fixed. When it arrived, damaged, my dealer stepped up and was able to get it into their collision center and had it fixed in a few hours with paintless dent repair and you'd never know it was hit.

The car had a service tag for Thoroughbred Ford in the cabin so it did make it there... I wonder how close to being fixed it was, still probably wouldn't have made it here on time though. I truly believe the expedited status got me on a rail car much faster too, especially headed out west and all the issues surrounding that.

Going back to the sale, my dealer pushed Ford to approve a discount on MSRP, they gave us a deal on tinting, and we got all weather floor mats (that I meant to order) thrown in. It also had 20 miles on the odometer, more than I hoped but understandable. All in all it wasn't a bad experience once the car showed up. We get our tax credit, a fun car, and a story/experience I'll never forget.

If anyone has specific questions or whatever, reply or message me. If you find this on google because your Ford has Category F damage, feel free to reach out too.
Absolutely mind blowing that it could sit there for months to get fixed, be marked as fixed... and not be fixed

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree completely. Dealer is completely blown away by all this too and they’re just as in the dark as I am. If anything, I know more at this point.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm sure it's a glitch, but I just noticed that on my MME it shows "Hands-Free Driving Mode available through 10-09-2022." I tried getting blue cruise to enable yesterday on freeways that are on the map. Never got BC to kick in, but it did say it was available for about 5 seconds as I was exiting the freeway... nice. lol

Since I saw that, I think I'm okay and maybe it just hasn't updated yet from sitting for so long. I'm assuming everyone here has a date in the future now?

edit: saw that pop up again and it was just for non-hands free bluecruise. Looks like my car won’t update since it’s way past the expiration date. New service bulletin about it today. Get to take the Mach-e in for service already. Love it. Going to wait until after the holidays, most likely.

Last edited:

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
How's the gang holding up? I'm still loving the car and enjoying driving it. I haven't had a reason to drive since Tuesday and I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning and driving my kiddo to school 😍

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
How's the gang holding up? I'm still loving the car and enjoying driving it. I haven't had a reason to drive since Tuesday and I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning and driving my kiddo to school 😍
Same! I look forward to all of the drives and love the car a lot. Yesterday, I had a few small kids excitingly point at my car as their class was crossing the road, not sure what they thought it was lol

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally got our first OTA yesterday (and a second today) so our HFBC is working now!

Happy to have all the features and really enjoying it. Finding excuses to drive. Our two year old loves going “zoomies” now!
Sponsored